• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Best Military Unit of all Times

DeletedUser40213

The best military unit of all eras is the Sentinel, which is found in Space Age Mars.

DeletedUser40213

The sentinel is not a unit of all eras it is a unit of Space Age Mars.
That is True, but once you get it, you can beat just about everything. It is better than any unit on Space Age Asteroid Belt, which is a higher age. The other troop that is very valuable on its age and all the ones following is the Rocket Troop.

Nicholas002

That is True, but once you get it, you can beat just about everything. It is better than any unit on Space Age Asteroid Belt, which is a higher age. The other troop that is very valuable on its age and all the ones following is the Rocket Troop.
I know. I was just picking apart your poor word choice.

DeletedUser40213

I can beat your 8 rocket troop with 1 CE chopper :cool:
Rocket Troops have some negatives for sure. Nonetheless, they are extremely valuable in 80% of the battles.

In Space Age Mars or Space Age Asteroid belt, a mix of Sentinet/Rocket Troops or Nail Storm/Rocket Troops are close to impossible to beat.

Agent327

Rocket Troops have some negatives for sure. Nonetheless, they are extremely valuable in 80% of the battles.

In Space Age Mars or Space Age Asteroid belt, a mix of Sentinet/Rocket Troops or Nail Storm/Rocket Troops are close to impossible to beat.

They are actually rather easy to beat.

Kesto11

The best unit to use is very dependent on the player’s attack boost and the defending army’s boost.

DeletedUser40213

They are actually rather easy to beat.
Not if you don't have the kind of troops that are immune to their attack. Nonetheless, the Sentinel remains the best troop to have. There are no troops that are immune to their attack and they cover the same amount of ground that the rocket troops cover. They don't inflict damage to several troops at the same time but just like the rocket troops, you can reach any enemy troop you have from the get-go.

DeletedUser40213

The best unit to use is very dependent on the player’s attack boost and the defending army’s boost.
Not if you don't have the kind of troops that are immune to their attack. Nonetheless, the Sentinel remains the best troop to have. There are no troops that are immune to their attack and they cover the same amount of ground that the rocket troops cover. They don't inflict damage to several troops at the same time but just like the rocket troops, you can reach any enemy troop you have from the get-go.
That is true with any troops. Getting buildings that strengthen your attack and defense values is important.

Agent327

Not if you don't have the kind of troops that are immune to their attack. Nonetheless, the Sentinel remains the best troop to have.

At the moment that only applies if you look at the last two ages. A Hover is already proven to be more effective in more ages.

There are no troops that are immune to their attack and they cover the same amount of ground that the rocket troops cover. They don't inflict damage to several troops at the same time but just like the rocket troops, you can reach any enemy troop you have from the get-go.

Rocket Troop range 24, distance 12
Sentinel range 8, distance 30

On what planet is that the same? Terrain has an influence on the Sentinels. Put them against Steel Warden's and you have a problem.

DeletedUser31499

At the moment that only applies if you look at the last two ages. A Hover is already proven to be more effective in more ages.

I’m in FE and the Hover Tank is pretty darn good. That and rogues are the only units I use. I’m currently auto fighting my way through the middle VF map will ease. Another player said his hovers met there match on the SAM map. I’ll be finding out in a couple of weeks. So far the hardest part of the AF, OF, And VF maps is waiting 29 hours for the next province to scout.

Spearfighter; a jack of all trades for its era that can be built in just twenty seconds! Hover Tank? Who needs that? You can build 720 spear fighters in that same time.
:p

qaccy

I'm gonna ignore special units (otherwise the Rogue is a shoo-in) and consider units based on their capabilities more than just their stats (otherwise SAM and SAAB top the list).

The Anti-Aircraft Vehicle in Contemporary is probably the first 'overpowered' unit. High mobility, great range, and Contact! means that very few units are able to attack it without getting hit back. These advantages are improved by the Missile Artillery removing itself from battle after a single shot, which makes it a pretty poor counter.

Next up we have the Rail Gun in the Future. First and only artillery unit that can hit Flying units and ignore Reactive Armor. We'd still be using these if Inno hadn't started giving new units huge stat increases over previous ages!

Next is the Hover Tank, also from the Future. I think this unit has the distinction of being useful in the most ages beyond its own. Players were using them successfully all the way up to SAM, though pretty high boosts were needed. They dominated Oceanic and Virtual though. There haven't really been any other units that have been used for 5 ages!

Finally there's the Turturret and introduction of Mortar. Finally, something that could effectively counter Rogues! The Rocket Troop is better in every way, but the turtle did it first so it gets the prize for the innovation. Sad that this ability seems to have gone away and I hope it returns to keep Rogues in check once again.

Triopoly Champion

As long as you can fight on the Colonial continent of GvG map, SAAB players still fight on the lower age continents, then you'll need a different Champion's Retreat for every age that is worth to farm.

Some other guilds often offer 8 Champion defenders for me to score lots of city points from GvG.