• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Best Possible Cultural Settlement Layout

Triopoly Champion

I have 11 Shacks and 4 Shrines now, thus there will be the budget surplus for the copper coins.

(300 * 4) + (93 * 11) = 2,223, production of 5 * 2 axes cost only 2,000 copper coins.

(24 * 4) + (6 * 4) = 120 diplomacy(the requirement to unlock Mead Brewery)
Forge of Empires - Viking Cultural Settlement with 4 Shrines.jpg

It's the best to place the Embassy on the center, so 2 Axe Smith can be operating around the corner while leaving enough room to potentially fit in the Mead Brewery(3x4). Lucky enough that no impediments have gotten me yet -
Forge of Empires - Mount Killmore 1st Viking Settlement.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser36624

It takes 11 shacks cranking coins to keep 1 axe smith going, let alone 2.

Triopoly Champion

It takes 11 shacks cranking coins to keep 1 axe smith going, let alone 2.
11 Shacks + 4 Shrines should be plenty to keep 2 Axe Smith operating, try to unlock as much expansions as possible using the initial 5,000 copper coins. It's the best to run the Viking Settlement this way when there's the time challenge for the quest completion.

DeletedUser36624

11 Shacks + 4 Shrines should be plenty to keep 2 Axe Smith operating, try to unlock as much expansions as possible using the initial 5,000 copper coins. It's the best to run the Viking Settlement this way when there's the time challenge for the quest completion.

Yes, but you need to unlock the shrines first. And where are you getting an option to unlock expansions with coins? It's diamonds or cultural goods for me.

Triopoly Champion

Don't forget, layouts not as useful since everyone gets random impediments throughout the map. so no two settlements will be exactly the same for design.
I usually take the mirrored designs(enantiomers) or reconfiguration using the same amount of elements(diastereomers), pass around the impediments quiet well. I have different impediments in several worlds too.

I always enjoy to play around the cis and trans models of the chemical compounds.
Forge of Empires - Viking Cultural Settlement with 3 Shrines.jpg

Last edited:

Graviton

Across my several cities I'm finding that those obstructions can make a big difference as to what you can build ...there are definitely configurations that aren't worth doing.

DeletedUser36624

Of the eight plots that border my original 2x2 area, only 2 are free of impediments. The SE side has the two right up against my stuff, and NE and NW there are impediments in the back. So I've gone SW for my first expansions. It is nice to see that it might not be that bad on future settlements.

DeletedUser32824

Is it best to just invest axes into like 4 expansions? I bought 2 so far and wondering if it's best to unlock mead next with them or to expand before that.

DeletedUser30900

Is it best to just invest axes into like 4 expansions? I bought 2 so far and wondering if it's best to unlock mead next with them or to expand before that.
3 is the maximum you should spend with axe. 2 is gonna be the lowest cost approach but sometimes 3 works better

DeletedUser31397

Here is my current setup:
13 shacks
7 shrines
1 axe smith
1 mead brewery

Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 12.46.07 PM.png

For expansions, I like to look ahead at the next 2 Embassy requirements and whatever good is least demanded I will use that to buy the next expansion.

DeletedUser36624

I currently have:
11 shacks
3 shrines
1 axe smith
2 mead brewery

My goods requirements for hut and beast hunter are heavily tilted to mead (102 required between them). I'm strongly considering nuking the axe smith to build another mead brewery, but then I'd have to rebuild it later. The shrines are not making enough to fuel three goods buildings, but I should have enough saved to make it to the transition to huts and another expansion.

Mustapha00

In another thread, it was claimed that, if you Abandon a Settlement (as I did due to way too many rocks), the exact same map will show up next time.
Do we know that for certain?

DeletedUser31397

I have only 12 Shacks and they are all connected, so I have more copper coins income.
4 connected Shacks = 1 Shrine as far as coin income.
View attachment 11610

I usually can collect the shrines each hour so it's really a wash between connecting shacks or not (452 coins in 4 hours per shrine vs 372 coins in 4 hours with 4 shacks) However, if I couldn't collect as often then it is more advantageous to connect the houses.

DeletedUser32973

I usually can collect the shrines each hour so it's really a wash between connecting shacks or not (452 coins in 4 hours per shrine vs 372 coins in 4 hours with 4 shacks) However, if I couldn't collect as often then it is more advantageous to connect the houses.

Collecting every hour is rough, but whatever floats your boat. Are you waking up every hour to collect as well? This setup just seems really annoying. The less frequent you need to collect the better imo. Your setup isn't all that much better than connected houses if we're talking about 1 hour productions, and worse for 4 hour productions.