• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Best Unit Combinations per Age ( Version 0.1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinnerGR

Moderator Edit: This guide is an attempt at being funny and should in no way be taken serious!!

I am writing this guide as there are a few guides that players are following which are false , saying that there is a best unit for ever age . This incorrect and misleading. Ok some ages do have that but not all . Suggestions and improvements are welcome however I understand that this guide includes some personal views that for now are not proven . I will work towards proving them but for now this guide is staying in the pending section and it will probably not leave . All boosts are for the attacking army .

The data bellow is for attacking armies and does not include no age units and does not allow units from previos ages ( I don't even think that would be any use anyways in all the ages listed here , apart from possible SAAB ):

1. Bronze Age - 8 warriors
  2. Irion Age -
  3. Early Middle Ages - 4 mercenaries and 4 armored Infantries with about 10%+ att boost
  4. High Middle Ages - 8 crossbows with 20%+ deff boost , either camp and work on att/def here or in Late Middle Ages
  5. Late Middle Ages - 2 of each type of unit apart from the heavy knight and longbow archer which should only be 1 and 40%+ att and 40%+ def , either camp and work on att/def here on in High Middle Ages
  6. Colonail Age - 4 grenadiers and 4 Rangers .
  7. Industrial Age -
  8. Progressive Era -
  9. Modern Era: Bazooka Teams with 20% boost
  10. Post modern Era: Anything besides MG Teams and tanks, with -3% boost minimum
  11. Contemporary Era: Missile artillery. 100%. Especially against helicopters.
  12. Tomorrow Era: Being totally honest no idea, TE fighting seemed really lame to me
  13. The Future: Drone Swarms with no boost, and whatever you do, don't use hovers.
  14. Arctic Future -
  15. Oceanic Future -
  16. Virtual Future -
  17. Space Age Mars -
  18. Space Age Asteroid Belt - 8 nail storms and I don't know what the att/def should be.

And thats as far as I have got so far because I am in CA . If you have any data to share and you wnat it to go into the guide please share it .
CA is as far as my experience goes but please share future ages .
I have got SAAB because it is so obvious from looking at init stats

This data may be used in your posts but must you may not claim it to be your own.
I found all this data myself or from Inno's announcements and @WildOdd
  • Moodern Era: Bazoozka Teams with 20% boost
    Post modren Era: Anything besides MG Teams and tanks, with -3% boost minimum
    Contemporary Era: Missile artillery. 100%. Esepecially against helicopters.
    Tomrow: Being totally honest no idea, TE fighting seemed really lame to me
    Future: Drone Swamrs with no boost, and whatever you do, don't use hovers.

Last edited:

Nicholas002

1.) matching up units is far more important than picking all of the "best unit".
for example, 8 ballistas would get mauled by 8 mounted warriors, which in turn would get mauled by 8 soldiers.

2.) especially in the lower ages, before traz, size and population requirements of the barracks matters...
In that regard, in IA, archers and soldiers are great, and ballistas are the worst...

3.)the boosts are bogus. you just thought of a random boost, and wrote it down without giving any though to it. 10% defense boost for ballistas would literally do nothing. they are a 2 hit kill for any other unit, boost or no. an attack boost for them would be far more useful, as it would allow them to do more damage, before the enemy gets in range. (same with crossbows: they are a two hit kill, boost or no. I have a 111% defense boost, and crossbows are still a two hit kill for all units but trebs)

4.) in HMA, 8 crossbows is a terrible combo, unless you are fighting 8 heavies, in which case it is great.
(8 trebs in HMA is a lot more effective than 8 ballistas in IA, because of their range)

5.) why would SAAB players need a guide about fighting in SAAB from a player who hasn't got past the Colonial Age?

6.) a military guide (even a correct and well thought out one) is nearly useless without considering Traz +rogues, a combo which flips fighting on it's head.

WinnerGR

1.) matching up units is far more important than picking all of the "best unit".
for example, 8 ballistas would get mauled by 8 mounted warriors, which in turn would get mauled by 8 soldiers.

2.) especially in the lower ages, before traz, size and population requirements of the barracks matters...
In that regard, in IA, archers and soldiers are great, and ballistas are the worst...

3.)the boosts are bogus. you just thought of a random boost, and wrote it down without giving any though to it. 10% defense boost for ballistas would literally do nothing. they are a 2 hit kill for any other unit, boost or no. an attack boost for them would be far more useful, as it would allow them to do more damage, before the enemy gets in range. (same with crossbows: they are a two hit kill, boost or no. I have a 111% defense boost, and crossbows are still a two hit kill for all units but trebs)

4.) in HMA, 8 crossbows is a terrible combo, unless you are fighting 8 heavies, in which case it is great.
(8 trebs in HMA is a lot more effective than 8 ballistas in IA, because of their range)

5.) why would SAAB players need a guide about fighting in SAAB from a player who hasn't got past the Colonial Age?

6.) a military guide (even a correct and well thought out one) is nearly useless without considering Traz +rogues, a combo which flips fighting on it's head.
I'll think about your points .

Agent327

I am writing this guide as there are a few guides that players are following which are false , saying that there is a best unit for ever age . This incorrect and misleading. Ok some ages do have that but not all . Suggestions and improvements are welcome however I understand that this guide includes some personal views that for now are not proven . I will work towards proving them but for now this guide is staying in the pending section and it will probably not leave . All boosts are for the attacking army .

The data bellow is for attacking armies and does not include no age units and does not allow units from previos ages ( I don't even think that would be any use anyways in all the ages listed here , apart from possible SAAB ):

1. Bronze Age - 8 warriors and no boosts needed
  2. Irion Age - 8 bastillas with with 10%+ defenders boost ( for the attacking army )
  3. Early Middle Ages - 4 mercenaries and 4 armored Infantries with about 10%+ att boost
  4. High Middle Ages - 8 crossbows with 20%+ deff boost , either camp and work on att/def here or in Late Middle Ages
  5. Late Middle Ages - 2 of each type of unit apart from the heavy knight and longbow archer which should only be 1 and 40%+ att and 40%+ def , either camp and work on att/def here on in High Middle Ages
  6. Colonail Age - 4 grendaders and 4 Rangers , 60% att and 60% def absolute minum , you should really be a lot lot higher by now.
  7. Industrial Age -
  8. Progressive Era -
  9. Modern Era -
  10. Post-Modern Era -
  11. Contemporary Era -
  12. Tomorrow Era -
  13. Future Era -
  14. Arctic Future -
  15. Oceanic Future -
  16. Virtual Future -
  17. Space Age Mars -
  18. Space Age Asteroid Belt - 8 nail storms and I don't know what the att/def should be.

And thats as far as I have got so far because I am in CA . If you have any data to share and you wnat it to go into the guide please share it .
CA is as far as my experience goes but please share future ages .
I have got SAAB because it is so obvious from looking at init stats

This data may be used in your posts but must you may not claim it to be your own.
I found all this data myself or from Inno's announcements and have no need to give any credits out.

With your track record on guides, the last thing you should do is state that other guides players are following are false. There is a best unit for every age. It's just not always smart to use the best unit. That is a big difference.

I have no idea why you yet again want to write a guide when you lack the experience to do so. So far you have been in 8 of the available 18 era's and it will take years before this will be finished. By not including no age units, or lower age units this guide is totally useless. By following it, you would be losing fights you otherwise would not lose.

Bronze: Those 8 warriors will be beaten by 8 Slinger with ease.
Iron: 8 ballistas is probably your worst choice. 8 Mounted Archer will take care of those and probably every other Iron unit can do the same.

I will not even bother to continue. Let's just say that it does not make sense at all and that you would have to be the biggest fool ever to follow one of your Guides.

One more thing. Don't tell others not to claim your data to be their own, when it is something you do all the time. You found it from Inno's announcement, so it is not your data to begin with and finally, if you want to be taken serious, check your spelling before you post. You are mentioning units that do not even exist.

DevaCat

That Colonail Age sounds painful, I'm not sure I want to age up now. :D

Again with a guide? This will be like a slow moving train wreck, fascinating , entertaining and painful to watch all at the same time. I hope it's allowed to stay up for a while just for chuckles.

PSA: newer players, this "guide" is useless and from a dubious source. You will be rewarded with far better information if you do your own forum search or ask questions. If you want to know how dubious the source is, read the locked and deleted "guides" by the op in this Pending sub forum.*

OP, I would add that your opinions on boosts and units are nuts, and that you would benefit greatly by proofreading the stuff you put out here -- but that's pointless. You will ignore advice and you will do what you do, as you have done since day one.

* When this thread is inevitably locked, please leave it up and don't delete it. It looks like Winner has not learned his lesson and needs another dose.

Last edited:

WildOdd

My favorite part is that Winner claims that you need only 60/60 in Colonial, which is preposterous, but then says it should be "a lot lot higher" than that already. If I recall, Winner aged up to Colonial recently...pity... Also this has been mentioned before but please use spell-check.

Since we're trying to give bad info, I'll help you fill out a few more ages. This is definitely in no way sarcastic.
Moodern Era: Bazoozka Teams with 20% boost
Post modren Era: Anything besides MG Teams and tanks, with -3% boost minimum
Contemporary Era: Missile artillery. 100%. Esepecially against helicopters.
Tomrow: Being totally honest no idea, TE fighting seemed really lame to me
Future: Drone Swamrs with no boost, and whatever you do, don't use hovers.

Oh my god Winner's actually taking my "advice" haha

Last edited:

Nicholas002

Thanks @WildOdd for filling in the gaps. And since you are not an expert in TE fighting, I will help out. I have vast knowledge of the TE, since I am in HMA.

by far the best for fighting in TE is 1 color guard, one spear fighter, a legionnaire, one knight, two stone throwers.

you should have an attack boost of 3.5%, and a defense boost of 0.23%.
You only need 6 units since this Combo will easily defeat any TE troops without taking damage.

WinnerGR

And since you are not an expert in TE fighting, I will help out. I have vast knowledge of the TE, since I am in HMA.

by far the best for fighting in TE is 1 color guard, one spear fighter, a legionnaire, one knight, two stone throwers.

You only need 6 units since this Combo will easily defeat any TE troops without taking damage.
What on Earth ?

WildOdd

Yeah Oh should I 60/60 + have that or not ?
I don't even feel obligated to answer this question, you should've figured out the answer for yourself by now.

You forgot the military drummer. ;) Essential for taking down stealth tanks.

To any new players out there, my messages here are just petty satire. The guide that Winner has, including the part where he quotes me, is complete BS. I did, however, try to intentionally pick the worst troops so that you know what to avoid.

Edit: I've heard nails are good in SAAB, so props to Winner for getting that one right. I'll go get a trophy.

kmc11

In EMA I used to go with ( ~200% ATK boost, 100% DEF boost )
8x catapult , if they get damaged
7x catapult + 1x rogue

If the catapults don't kill enemies before they get close

2x Cavalry + 6x Rogue

Lady Gato

SNIP

Since we're trying to give bad info, I'll help you fill out a few more ages. This is definitely in no way sarcastic.
Moodern Era: Bazoozka Teams with 20% boost
SNIP

Don't forget the extra boost you get when you chew Bazooka gum while you are attacking.
[Sarcasm intended- not a real boost but awesome 2 second gum]

Nicholas002

Though don't count out the CA champs they are very useful when fed a careful diet of crushed alabaster.
Ah, yes. The CA champ fed on alabaster (especially unboosted alabaster), is so wildly overpowered, that if you have one, it gives you an “auto-win” option in the attack window.

this is due to the fact that this unit’s attack algorithm uses a dozenal base rather than the normal decimal.

WinnerGR

Update to Version 0.1

This update will take place soon bellow is a list of changes :

1. There will now be a version number in the title of the thread
  2. Small Grammar Corrections
  3. Removal of Qutes are the infor from @WildOdd and new credits
  4. Changes to recommended att/def boosts.
  5. Removal of Irion Age recommendations

Agent327

Update to Version 0.1

This update will take place soon bellow is a list of changes :

1. There will now be a version number in the title of the thread
  2. Small Grammar Corrections
  3. Removal of Qutes are the infor from @WildOdd and new credits
  4. Changes to recommended att/def boosts.
  5. Removal of Irion Age recommendations

Have a good look at 2. and than read what you just posted. I am not even going to try to help you anymore. This is your Guide and will remain your Guide. No need to ask us to close it when you finally realize what you are doing. This time it will stay open. Whatever reactions you get you bring on yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.