• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Best unit per age for GbG races

Curley Jue

What is the best "one size fits all" for races in GbG?
80% of all sectors in my guild are taken below 90 Seconds. Hence to max profit and win races I am looking for a combination that I do not need to swap according to the opponents.
What do you think about following table - my gut feeling is that is too simplified....and I am in AF and guessing iro OF+. Thanks for helping....
My AO is on 70, hence hover are - in my opinion - not better against higher age units (e.g in AF / OF).

Medium Attrition
IA​
8 Artillery2 Heavy + 6
EMA8 Artillery2 Heavy + 6
HMA8 Artillery2 Heavy + 6
LMA8 Artillery2 Heavy + 6
CA8 Artillery2 Heavy + 6
INA8 Artillery2 Heavy + 6
PE8 Artillery2 Heavy + 6
ME8 Artillery2 Heavy + 6
PME8 Artillery2 Ranged + 6
CE2 Ranged + 62 Heavy + 6
TE2 Heavy + 6
?​
FE2 Heavy + 6
2 Heavy + 6​
AF2 Heavy + 6
2 Heavy + 6​
OF2 Turturret, 1 Sub Cruiser + 5
?​
VF8 Artillery2 Heavy + 6
SAM8 Fast2 Heavy + 6
SAAB2 fast + 68 ranged
SAV??

Agent327

It is to simplified. Your attack boost is also something that needs to be considered and artillery can not hit flying objects most of the time. Also, when it comes to races, you do not want to use +6. You stick to one unit.

r21r

It is to simplified. Your attack boost is also something that needs to be considered and artillery can not hit flying objects most of the time. Also, when it comes to races, you do not want to use +6. You stick to one unit.
+1

Curley Jue

when it comes to races, you do not want to use +6
in FE / AF i tested 8 hover / 8 fortress...i did not like it so much - - even with attrition below 20.. A/D is 850 / 550. I need to test this again more carefully

Last edited:

r21r

AF and VF are bad ages when it comes to speed. It's GBG, so players in other ages are most likely to be faster than you.
i think VF is not that bad, AF + OF you meant ?

hovers/ronins+artillery ain't they using on VF ?

r21r

as for the topic

my experience is mostly on Iron EMA HMA and FE for GBG (for what i guess is from GvG/Heard of)

Iron ~ PE artillery (EMA M.Archers // Colonial-Indy not sure about that) (*Indy MGT's)
ME no idea - paratroopers are a pain ?
PME Artillery + Rogues or MGT's + Rogues (*Hovers or Sub Cruisers)
CE no idea for GBG (*Hovers or Sub Cruisers)
TE no idea for GBG (*Hovers or Sub Cruisers)
FE Hovers + Rogues or RG+Rogues
AF Hovers + Rogues or RG+Rogues (guessing)
OF -
VF no idea (*2 Wardens+ Rogues (?))
SAM Sentinels (guessing)
SAAB Nails/Belts (guessing)
SAV 2 dragons+Rogues (guessing)

Since they are races, other than having an army which can endure many fights, you also need to replace fast, so my personal choice is to have plenty Barracks of the troops i use and then select "Show Attached only" , which helped me in most cases unless mix is needed.

*according to higher era troops you can have (not sure for the wardens in VF)

thanks, so 8 Artillery in VF is a bad idea, right? What is a good mix in VF for low attr.?

8 artillery rockets are a great combo in VF. There are no flyers in VF, so ninjas are the worst things you have to deal with as they can hide in forests. 8 rockets works pretty well though, ronin bots and rogues or 8 ninjas to counter several ninjas as an alternative.

Lord Pest

In FE Hover + Rogues
in AF I used battle fortress + rogues
now in OF I’m using sub cruiser and rogues

OF GBG is not as easy as FE and AF was. Even at low attrition I’m taking a lot more damage and need to swap out injured almost every fight. My attack defense is 1263 / 823. So not wimpy but not great either.

Just An Observer

EMA for me: 6 Rogues/2 of either Mercs or Heavy Cavalry is the usual force. When I see 2 or less ranged units, then 8 Catapults. I can switch out armies quite quickly if a real swarming attack by our guild is going on. For high attrition/slow pace Fights, I use the classic Champion/7Rogues with manual start to park the Champion in a corner.

Being able to go back and forth between Negotiation and Fighting lets me use up whatever I am long in so the other side can build up.

GBG first session is the most expensive one. I will burn through whatever is needed to help my guild get set up for later sessions. The rate of loss would be unsustainable over the course of an entire season but since it is just one session, I can absorb the loss rate and easily come back from it in time for the next season while being ahead of where I was in the previous GBG season.

Kranyar the Mysterious

In FE at around 1000/700 attack, 8 hovers is absolutely the fastest at low attrition since I can go at least 10-15 battles before needing to switch out troops and switching one type is faster than two. Once attrition starts to climb I have found 3 hovers and 5 rogues outperforms 2 hovers and 6 rogues for maximum battles before having to switch out troops. On PC it isn't terribly bad trying to switch out the both hovers and rogues, but on mobile it is a lot of clicks.