• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Better Defense

Metagalaxy

The way this game throws out offensive buildings at every event and auction, they make it near difficult to obtain defensive buildings.
Let's start with the Ritual Flame, only found once a week in the Expedition. Along with the rare possibility of its upgrade.
The upgrade should be more available and even purchased at the auction.

Metagalaxy

They are only worthless because of the vast amount of overpowered attack buildings out there. And the rarity of them.

Metagalaxy

Defensive buildings should be 1.5 times better than attack buildings, available more often, and the Ritual Flame Upgrade should be more available instead of the one out of three chance a week to obtain one.
Defensive buildings are worthless because of the overwhelming amount of attack buildings, and their power.

If you don't want the underpowered Defensive buildings then sell them !t the auction or don't play in the Expedition or Event when they are available.

Pericles the Lion

Defensive buildings should be 1.5 times better than attack buildings, available more often, and the Ritual Flame Upgrade should be more available instead of the one out of three chance a week to obtain one.
Defensive buildings are worthless because of the overwhelming amount of attack buildings, and their power.

If you don't want the underpowered Defensive buildings then sell them !t the auction or don't play in the Expedition or Event when they are available.
You are the #18 ranked player on P and should know that buildings providing defense for defending army are a waste of space. Although it's possible to get defensive army defense to over 2,000 it's still not impenetrable and what's the point? I don't know about you, but I don't get attacked often enough to even bother with any structure that only offers a defense boost for defending army. With the introduction of "Aid All", for the most part the only plunderable buildings are those that cannot be motivated (I don't think I even have one in my cities) because everything that can be motivated seems to get motivated between collections.

Ebeondi Asi

I agree with everyone except the OP here. there really is no need for city defense. And no need for defense in PvP either.
The Lady Redneck said it pretty well. Toss that useless city defense for other valuable stuff in (anyone's) limited space

Johnny B. Goode

They are only worthless because of the vast amount of overpowered attack buildings out there. And the rarity of them.
Wrong and wrong. Defensive buildings are worthless because the defensive AI renders them so by its inane tactics.
If this is true...
You are the #18 ranked player on P
...then you should already know that and not be repeating such drivel.

Ebeondi Asi

The real reason defensive buildings are worthless is because in cities of most players there is nothing to Plunder (except perhaps small junk like Blacskmiths or Royal marble Gateway) ((Particularly with now being able to have 140 Friends.. Even the biggest Cities can be fully aided))
The only players with valuable buildings (like long FP Trains not aided) are generally not smart, or just don't know.
And the player who are new (or paranoid?) who seem to panic at the thought of getting plundered

Sharmon the Impaler

Wrong and wrong. Defensive buildings are worthless because the defensive AI renders them so by its inane tactics.
If this is true...

...then you should already know that and not be repeating such drivel.
The OP is #18 in Parkog with over a billion points , I just looked. Why is this even being asked when they know very well why ?

Sharmon the Impaler

The real reason defensive buildings are worthless is because in cities of most players there is nothing to Plunder (except perhaps small junk like Blacskmiths or Royal marble Gateway) ((Particularly with now being able to have 140 Friends.. Even the biggest Cities can be fully aided))
The only players with valuable buildings (like long FP Trains not aided) are generally not smart, or just don't know.
And the player who are new (or paranoid?) who seem to panic at the thought of getting plundered
Ditto , my city in Q is at max expansions in SAJM and it still gets completely aided most times.

Mor-Rioghain

No. It is cool that you can only get the upgrades for GE buildings IN GE. Also, defensive buildings are worthless, so once again, no.
I would agree that in spirit, keeping a GE item in GE is "cool;" however I disagree with your position that "defensive buildings are worthless." Worthless to whom? If there is one thing that remains true in this game is that each item in an individual's city has a value that can be explained only by their worth to the individual. Perhaps the 18th ranked player on P wants to be able to finally place down those Terrace Farms, Cherry Garden Sets, Maharaja Palaces, and so on they've been collecting throughout the years.

If your assertion that acquiring them remain in the arena in which they were earned is "cool," then his position that they are worth something to any gamer, advanced or otherwise, is also "cool" because his opinion on the issue is equally valuable as your opinion on what is or isn't "cool." In other words, we don't get to decide what does and does not have value to another player regardless of their world rank or level of experience in the game.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

I would agree that in spirit, keeping a GE item in GE is "cool;" however I disagree with your position that "defensive buildings are worthless." Worthless to whom? If there is one thing that remains true in this game is that each item in an individual's city has a value that can be explained only by their worth to the individual. Perhaps the 18th ranked player on P wants to be able to finally place down those Terrace Farms, Cherry Garden Sets, Maharaja Palaces, and so on they've been collecting throughout the years.

If your assertion that acquiring them remain in the arena in which they were earned is "cool," then his position that they are worth something to any gamer, advanced or otherwise, is also "cool" because his opinion on the issue is equally valuable as your opinion on what is or isn't "cool." In other words, we don't get to decide what does and does not have value to another player regardless of their world rank or level of experience in the game.
No one was "deciding" anything, merely stating their opinion. IMO, the only city defense building that is marginally worthwhile is the Galata Tower simply because it occasionally prevents plundering. Every other building related to city defense is a waste of valuable space. YMMV.

Mor-Rioghain

No one was "deciding" anything, merely stating their opinion.

And my opinion on the issue has no merit because I didn't preface it with passive-voice phrases like "in my opinion" or use subjective adjectives like "marginally?" I was following the thread and drew my own conclusion based on the OP's post and the subsequent replies. My conclusion was simple: it's not up to another player to determine the worth of an item placed in the city. If that doesn't scream "opinion," what does? What is worthy to me isn't necessarily going to be worthy to you, or any other player, and vice versa. An educated rebuttal to someone's assertions generates a discussion that is interesting to most and usually valuable to all but simply stating that something is "cool," "wasteful," "worthless," "useless," and/or "worthwhile" are indeed matters of opinion but are also not objective.

Honestly, in a game filled with concrete values in terms of attacking power in finite percentages and resource boosters such as GB %-increase x X, being so subjective as "this has more value to me, therefore it must have value to you" statements are just don't ring true. "Your" true doesn't equal "my" true. Value is intrinsic, not palpable. As I've said before, I said what I said. Don't read more into it than what you see on the page.

Going back to the OP's comment: "Let's start with the Ritual Flame, only found once a week in the Expedition" followed by the first reply "it's cool that you that you can only get the upgrades for GE buildings IN GE." The conlusion I can draw is that the responder likes it, "it's cool," but presents an incomplete but still understandable argument in light of the possible L5 in the expedition of obtaining more defensive items, such as the ritual flames, than the OP's argument that there are only 3 possibilities in a given week. Objective.

This is a really good example of how one might state one's opinion on an issue but is still giving a very objective 'nod' to the mechanics of the game: Inno has never allowed for a criss-cross of items earned in one mini-game to the Auction Dealer that I'm aware of, i.e., GE items such as Ritual Flames, Sacred Skywatches, etc. can be sold but not purchased, current special event items like the ongoing event's Chocolate Factory levels or the whole Nutcracker Guardhouses, can be sold but not purchased, or Battlegrounds items such as the Spoils of War Kit can be sold but not purchased in the Auction Dealer (and so on). Obtaining but not being able to sell such items has become a "truth" in the game. To build an argument to the OP that such devices are not allowed lest we make all such items available for sale in the AD has merit, stating one's opinion on whether or not they are in fact worthwhile to a player just clouds the issue. Supporting one's opinion with objective rationale is going to go a lot further in debating an issue in my opinion and in my personal experience.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Although it's possible to get defensive army defense to over 2,000 it's still not impenetrable and what's the point?
Yeah.... there's players beating 12,000% boost in Guild Battlegrounds. Good luck ever getting stats to a point where no one could ever beat you. Granted that is the outlier, not the norm. But the fact it's possible at all also establishes a minimum required boost to beat those outlier attackers if they're serious about beating your defense.

Defense really is more about minimising losses by reducing the pool of potential attackers rather than removing losses entirely. That's why there's far more value on Aid than there is in Defensive Army stats: Aid guarantee's plunderproofing.

Let's start with the Ritual Flame, only found once a week in the Expedition.
Correction, you can find the Lvl 1 Ritual Flame far more frequently in Relics if you build a Temple of Relics. Granted the Upgrade is still rare, but the base building isn't once you raise up Temple of Relics.

Defensive buildings should be 1.5 times better than attack buildings
Defense Buildings are already more powerful than Attack Buildings at the time of introduction

If we take Ritual Flame as an example. It's Lvl 1 version is 4% per square, it's Lvl 2 version is 6% per square

The Sentinal Outpost (for attacking army) only goes upto 4% on Lvl 2.

4 x 1.5 is 6. So.... Ritual Flame is literally 1.5 times more powerful.

Watchfire has the same stats per square as Ritual Flame so again, 1.5 times more powerful than its counterpart. That being said I can't remember when I last saw Watchfire on offer as a Daily Special during Events. Which either means I haven't been paying attention to it, or it's just that uninteresting to the player base that Inno stopped offering it.

I would have no issue with defending army stats being more readily available. But if they want it to be attractive for a lot of players to pursue they need it to be meaningful.

That means either boosting defending capabilities on the actual army (a second wave for our defending army would help, even if it were just a duplicate of the first wave), or adding secondary benefits to those buildings beyond just defending boosts. The value of defending ties directly into loss mitigation for the vast majority of players because that's the only benefit it has outside of bragging rights.

If Watchfire had Goods, Medals, Forge Points or anything in addition to Defending Boost.... yes it may technically make it a OP building when it comes game balance, but it'd certainly make it far more attractive than it is now. Which would then make it more likely to be more available, due to people then spending money to obtain it.