• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Bigger Expansions

• Thread starter DeletedUser35675
  • Start date

Should the expansion squares get bigger as the ages progress?

• Total voters

DeletedUser35675

As I move up in the ages, I realize that the buildings take up more squares. Also, the prices for them go up. Shouldn't the expansions become bigger as well? For example, one of the goods buildings is 5 x 6 squares. I'd like to keep the old stuff I have, not have to get two expansions to house a building. Once you reach higher ages, I think the expansion squares should be larger.

wolfhoundtoo

No you will just have to decide what you want to keep in your city. City space is the most important part of the challenge of the game since you have only so much of it. In addition from a practical view point of the city map different sized expansions would make lining things up much more difficult.

As you age up you get additional expansions which should off set the increased size of the buildings as well as the amount that those buildings producing increasing (tech tree buildings). Lastly you also presumably can get farther on the continental map and earn more expansions that way which would allow you additional space.

Freshmeboy

The whole point of the game is to challenge yourself in building a powerful city in the allotted amount of expansions earned through medals, ages, etc. Part of that core challenge is rebuilding your city and making important decisions regarding what to remove and keep. Now the Format Nazis will move in and skewer ya'....

wolfhoundtoo

I don't think you are being fair there with that comment. To have any hope of being actually sent to Inno then proposals need to follow the format. Also frankly if someone doesn't care enough to format their idea then they don't really think it's that good an idea anyway.

Freshmeboy

Frankly, INNO should provide the form for posters when they click the 'plus' button...it would end this whole debacle of format police, angry replies from OP's, format snark, and, most importantly, keep new players from leaving the forum in disgust never to return. Almost any form you are required to fill out in a certain context is done this way...why can't INNO...?

wolfhoundtoo

New players don't leave because of the format. they don't put in the proper format because frankly they don't CARE enough to even do some basic research on the requirements to post a proposal. The threads are permanently at the top of the forum posts. Most simply want what they want and don't want to hear anything but "your idea is brilliant. we'll get on that right away. Is Monday fast enough for you (since it is sunday)?"

The snark won't go away with a forced format to start a thread in this forum either. You know statements like "forum Nazis" are a bit snarky. :)

Freshmeboy

You say they don't care, Wolf, but click on proposals while looking at this thread and tell me what you see.....Archived, Submitted, and Polling place...and a HUGE plus sign to click on that allows you to start a thread and add a vote to it. Is it any wonder many players don't get the format correct...? If INNO created a form when the 'plus' button is clicked, we would rarely have an issue with improper formats. Yes, they didn't scroll down to the DSNL list or format thread or frequently discussed ideas but whose fault is that...? With a HUGE plus sign just BEGGING to be clicked. No, INNO needs to rectify it or have format and DSNL placed on the opening page at the top or create a form for the new guys....just my 2 cents...

DeletedUser26965

Steps of a Proposal

1. Go to the Proposals section
  2. Check the Do Not Suggest List
  3. If your proposal is not on the DNSL check the Frequently Proposed Ideas and do a forum Search to see if it’s already been suggested
  4. If you can’t find a similar proposal then Properly Format your proposal
  5. Submit Proposal
  6. Wait at least two weeks
  7. If multiple people support your Proposal you can at this point Submit it for Nomination
  8. At this point “moderators will review it and decide if a poll will be created or if it needs further discussion first”
  9. If successful your Proposal will be Submitted for Vote
  10. If successful it should be Submitted to Inno
  11. For various reasons a Proposal may end up in the Closed/Archived section, if that happens they state “...try re working the text and create a new proposal thread for it.”
  12. If a Proposal goes through to Inno I’m not exactly sure what happens at that point
  13. Never add a Poll to your own Proposal
  14. If you get snarky/troll responses try to ignore it

DeletedUser26965

How do you even make a poll anyways?
After you create the thread there's a dropdown menu in the top right corner. I actually had a thread where a poll was added most likely by a certain someone who is no longer able to do such things thank goodness but don't get me started on that;

dhdhh.gif

You can delete a Poll after it's created by going here;

kjkkhgj.gif

then to the bottom here;

dgdsg.gif

DeletedUser36063

This wouldn’t work because of where you can put expansions, it is limited. This would only work with creating more opportunities for expansions