• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

birka survey

DeletedUser40061

just wanted to know how everyone is doing on this new world? any dislikes? likes? .. like on the first day i setup my city, i received more friends requests than any other worlds combined! but i also see goods traded come up short...like there is a shortage or something.

whats your opinion of birka

KitKit035

Like Birka. First time I have played on a world from ground zero so don't have anything to really to compare it with.

Cons:
Getting trades when you are fresh in a new age is harder to seems when outside your guild, and inside if you are one of the first of that age.
BP also seem to be harder to come by because you have more members after them with less GB and not seeing many through aiding.
The biggest dislike I have is seeing all the Arcs already on a world that is not quite 3 months old. They were showing up when Birka was a month old. For a equal footing for everyone starting world, several had to spend some serious cash just to get that one GB and others are having to in order to get the goods. (That plus some spent to quick advance to start making the goods.)

Pros:
Lots of friend request.
Seems there are more newer players than repeat players
Leveling up tavern is faster due to so many friends

I had forgotten how "hard" it was to start a new city as far as getting those low level trades and staying in the lower ages to build up good stock. Also forgot how bad the troops were, lol. It is great being in the same age, or close to it, as any new guild member I might get in the guild. They seem to communicate better with you than when you are in a much higher level and they are in BA or IA. Glad I started in Birka, but not looking to start in another new world like this anytime soon.

DeletedUser40061

Sup bro thx for your reply. Look me up on B world, say hi. First time this world, my friends list is so full to the brim.

wiserpenny

Cons:
Getting trades when you are fresh in a new age is harder to seems when outside your guild, and inside if you are one of the first of that age.
THIS. I swear no one is trading some of the goods in my 'hood and so few in my guild are in my age that no one is producing either. Need to find some new friends producing and trade with FP transaction costs to get what I want.

As the world expands I'm sure it will get a bit more flooded with goods though.

The Lady Redneck

It has been a long time since I started in a guild from scratch and even longer since starting one in a new world. All the problems and excitement of trying to build a city and get everything you need comes flooding back. PLUS I did not have GE or GBG or Taverns to contend with either. Luckily I have learned that the best thing you can have in this game is patience. And that is something this game has taught me LOL.

Pros.
Lots of friends requests which help build up the coin needed to get going. Also helps Tavern grow for extra FPs
I like the fact that the serious DPs (Diamond Players) have arrived. I do not spend much on the game, I prefer to go along at an easy pace. and get what I need from the game itself. By the time I am in a position to trade for high end GBs those DPs will have spent a fortune in order to get them and be offering to trade the goods.

Cons
Lot of the new players do not seem to realize this game NEEDS communication. That it is a team game and cannot be played like some kind of solitaire. They join a guild and sit in silence and do not participate in any way. It used to be that even a newbie joining a guild realized that being in a guild meant being part of a team and they had the courtesy to say Hi and let you know if they were new to the game, or had some experience. And they asked questions. Now, even offers of help are met with silence.

KitKit035

i'm stuck. what's the trick on how to reduce houses and gain production buildings ?

It's no trick really, just game knowledge. There are Great Buildings that will give you population and others for happiness but the easiest way now is to get the event buildings fully upgraded. With a fully upgraded event building, you more than likely will get population, happiness, FP, goodness, supplies, and coins. Some will even give a military bonus.

ahhh, now I understand why it is so hard to find arc goods.

It has actually gotten a lot easier to get Arc goods or goods for any Great Building now on Birka. They do cost more than on an older world, but that is to be expected since this is a newer world.

Jokerlynn2

i'm stuck. what's the trick on how to reduce houses and gain production buildings ?
Build a GB like the Tower of Babel that gives population and goods. Also, completing the FOE events will usually get some nice buildings that will supply both! But, be careful,! If you remove all your houses, you will need to get coins from another source. I suggest the Chateau!

AwesomeAadi10

Build a GB like the Tower of Babel that gives population and goods. Also, completing the FOE events will usually get some nice buildings that will supply both! But, be careful,! If you remove all your houses, you will need to get coins from another source. I suggest the Chateau!
You do realize you are responding to a post 4 months ago right? And the person was also last seen 4 months ago.