• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Black Friday feedback

Agent327

Does Inno ever focus test these ideas? I imatgine there are a few people foolish/rich enough to consider buying these things but, come-on, $21 for a building upgrade?

They have been holding these type of sales since at least 2018. If there wasn't a profit in it it is likely they would have stopped by now.

Taran Tulah

300 medals pack?? Seriously??? It is an outward mockery!!! I can easily get thousands of medals daily... this just gets more pathetic at every another offer.
I will be mega mad if I stay up till late tonight just so as to see how insanely ridiculous you people can be. I demand a good offer!!!

Last edited:

Taran Tulah

FInally something interesting!!! Druid temple offers awesome bonuses at level 10. The price however [choke] 250 bucks...
I wish the final offer is good for everyone both in game and pricewise.

Agent327

Players complaining about these prizes being way to high are not the ones that are buying them. I used to think the exact same. Nobody will ever buy this. Did notice that during events it wasn't strange for players to have 4 or more of the event's building in their city within the first week, but that did not seem strange either. Then came the Castle System. There are players that had it maxed out on the first day and there are several players on each server I looked. Only way to do that was by buying diamonds and if you calculate the costs, the amount of money spend is huge. Take into consideration the total number of game worlds accross all worlds and Inno must have made a massive profit just by introducing the Castle System. Conclusion must be they know what they are doing and players are actually paying over $240 for a complete building.

Pericles the Lion

Of course they know what they are doing but that doesn't necessarily mean that what they are doing is smart. Coca-Cola knew what they were doing when they released "New Coke". Remember how that turned out? The marginal cost of a HoH (or any FOE item) is zero...they are virtual. This means that INNO will profit on every incremental sale. So, the question to ask is are they maximizing profit by just skimming the upper tier of the paying player population? If they were to cut the price in half would enough players that are on the fence decide to buy and thereby offset the 50% reduction in profit from the whales? Unless INNO has tested the impact of deep discounts on unit sales they don't know. If they don't know then what they are doing now is not smart.

Sharmon the Impaler

Of course they know what they are doing but that doesn't necessarily mean that what they are doing is smart. Coca-Cola knew what they were doing when they released "New Coke". Remember how that turned out? The marginal cost of a HoH (or any FOE item) is zero...they are virtual. This means that INNO will profit on every incremental sale. So, the question to ask is are they maximizing profit by just skimming the upper tier of the paying player population? If they were to cut the price in half would enough players that are on the fence decide to buy and thereby offset the 50% reduction in profit from the whales? Unless INNO has tested the impact of deep discounts on unit sales they don't know. If they don't know then what they are doing now is not smart.

Take the Castle System as an example. If they discount it now they will be ripping off the ones that paid huge amounts of money for it by devaluing it. The ones that pay 2000$ just to have a maxed out Castle do it for one reason only , exclusivity. It is like a Rolex and people are willing to pay through the nose to get what not everyone has. Make it more common and you slash it's values for everyone which would seriously harm the bottom line.

Pericles the Lion

Have you not ever purchased a product only to find it on sale a short time later? It happens all the time which is why merchants include a disclaimer "does not apply to prior sales" on most offers. Heck, INNO already does it. A diamond offer today might be 12,000 diamonds for $99.99. Next week the offer may be the same number of diamonds but will include event currency as a bonus...still priced at $99.99. People stand in line to pay premium price for the next new iPhone while folks that wait will pay a discounted price. Were the new adopters ripped off? I think not.

Agent327

They have been holding these type of sales since at least 2017. Feedback has always been the same. Yet they did not reduce the price, but came up with more of these type of sales. Valentine's Sale. May Madness.

If it works, don't fix it.

looks like this only pops up in whatever tab (city) you have active at the time... unfortunately, twice now it has popped up while I was collecting in a non-important world, so the tab I have open for the only world I want to possibly buy stuff hasn't been able to get anything. It would be nice if the BF sale would be available in all worlds for the player.. as it is, I probably won't be wasting diamonds unless I happen to be where I need to be when something I want pops

NoOne XX

So Inno, you posted a badge on my city all day yesterday with a countdown for Black Friday. at countdown the badge disappeared and no offers appeared. then over a half hour later after refreshing, first offer appeared (medals!). that went away, nothing replaced it. nearly two hours later, again, after a reset, second offer (athlon abbey!).

last year went so smoothly, what gives? did you lose the code?

Orius Maximus

20,000 diamonds for a whole Athlone Abbey what a fantastic deal !! Only 140$ USD for a real virtual building that you can keep forever until Inno closes the game. How does Inno stay in business when they just give stuff away like this ?

That would actually have been good for me if I didn't need 4 of them to complete it. Maybe one or two kits. 2000 diamonds is a typical cost for things like this.

Looks like it's about the same as it has been over the last few years. Some decent offers mixed in with trash. Smart players will avoid the trash and maybe pick up some needed stuff if they have the diamonds to spare. Or save the diamonds for the Winter Event if there's a useful place to spend them there.

Ebeondi Asi

This was my wish list from 2021 updated for 2023. Clearly Inno is not listening.:
""Extra Castle with Double the current Castle stuff to add alongside current Castle.
Arc level 180 ready to go, complete. (in addition to existing Arc so you get even more returns.)
Fighting trilogy Pegasus, Hydra,and Centaurus GBs at level 200 as a set to add to you current ones.
Level 200 CF ditto.
Level 200 Arctic Orangery plus a special new this time only GB to give same benefits but for all not same era troops. Level 200 also.
Sets of 20 complete Aegean Couples Resort and Sunhaven Palaces too.
Five Tower of Champions level 2
One billion Forge Point package
If you are gonna ask... ask big.""

Formerly Ebeondi Asi

Last edited:

WillyTwoShoes

There are players that had it maxed out on the first day and there are several players on each server I looked. Only way to do that was by buying diamonds and if you calculate the costs, the amount of money spend is huge.
Please excuse me for excerpting a small portion of your overall post as I would like to offer my opinion concerning the quote.
There is of course several alternatives to the one you suggested. The foe team could have given upgrades as rewards to forum managers, play testers, or to their employees.

I do however believe that you are right in suggesting there are always some folks with more cash than sense and someone ready to bilk them out it.