• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Blank

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomePlayer5000

Fixed Errors: Notre Dame is a High Medieval Great Building. Sorry for the confusion. I just came back to the game last December and It was a Stone Age account, So i'm still fairly new to tactics and strategies to progress well in Forge of Empires.

Editor's Note: I've read your replies. True, getting Great Building Level 2 for a building(Sorry if I misunderstood that) can be hard but if you have a friend with plenty of Forge Points to spare you could possibly ask them to help donate to your Oracle of Delphi.

Bronze Age is rather a tutorial age than actually being the start, introducing you to guilds, taverns, events and Great Buildings. Here's a way how to economically build your city and stabilize your military before moving to the Iron Ages. (These tactics are also meant to help you later on, like how to keep your city neat and tidy, what production hours to use and other points of interest

Extra Goodies(New) -
You might see a tree, a bee hive farm, some tarps on sticks, or ship remains or S.O.S on the beaches. Keep an eye out for these around your city land. They can be pressed and can give you rewards, from small amounts of coins/supplies to Forge Points/Goods to Blueprints. There are also more variants of points of interest around the map, so if the ground below them turns white and dissapears and repeats, click on them for a reward.

MILITARY - When you can, research Phalanx and Slingshots. Build barracks for both of them. Warriors will protect slingshots while those ranged infantry will do the damage against enemy units. Slightly move your unit positions so you have a better chance of attacking first. This strategy worked well in taking the Bronze Age provinces for me.

CITY PLACEMENT - Have an area for the town hall, make sure it is connected to all roads. Keep streets and the buildings nice and tidy, put the streets into colums and roads. Keep a street for housing, a street for goods or military, and an area for production. Keep small patches of land for decorations and the Oracle of Delphi.

GREAT BUILDING - For the Oracle of Delphi, only upgrade it to level 2 to slightly improve supplies and happiness, as it is one of the worst GBs in the game. Discard the Great Building once you have better Great Buildings. Just read guides and DO NOT build the Notre Dame Great Building, while it may give the same bonuses as Oracle of Delphi it is very bad aswell and a lamp factory from the Progressive Era can produce more supplies in a day even if the Notre Dame is at level 10. Let's uh.. continue before we talk about random stuff.

HOUSES - Build a row of huts near the north side, towards the Friends Tavern next to the Town Hall and upgrade them to stilt huts when you can.
Research chalets and replace all houses with chalets. Don't use thatched houses as they give less people per residence.

SUPPLY PRODUCTION - Use the expansions to expand your city land from the province Fel Dranghyr and researches Manuring, Tools, The Wheel and Craftwork.
Place the expansions near the south(Towards the other side of the ocean at the bottom of the city map at the South area) and build Potteries.
You can save some space once you have the land and supplies to build a Fruit farm later. YOu can use Blacksmiths.
If you are a plenty of free time person, do 4 hour productions in the buildings. If you have a school schedule or office schedule, make the productions 8 hours long. If you are producing supplies overnight, set it to 8 hours.

CULTURAL/ENTERTAINMENT -
If can can't afford to spare land for entertainment building, try to unlock Paths research when you can and upgrade all your roads to paths instead of Trails. Decorations are also handy as they don't take up too much space. Upgrading paths gives a small Happiness bonus. Don't use diamonds on them.

GOODS -
If you don't have enough building space, only build one goods deposit, and trade that to get other Bronze age goods, even if you already have one of those deposits. It also depends on how much population and houses you have. If you have quite a bit of these both land and population, them you can possibly build another goods production buildings. Again, 4 hour productions for plenty of free time players, 8 hours for overnight sleeping, school or work schedule for Goods aswell.

Tell me if I missed something that could help, but this is a decent guide to get through the Bronze Age properly. Thanks for reading this and I hope you found this helpful.

- SomePlayer5000

Last edited:

Agent327

Beats me why anybody would need a Guide to get through Bronze Age. Or why you would tell somebody in Bronze not to place the Notre Dame and give as reason a building in PE. Like they are going to get there the next couple of days.

You tell people to research all sort of techs and if they do they will be at the end of the bronze tech anyhow.

Kranyar the Mysterious

why you would tell somebody in Bronze not to place the Notre Dame
... but not recommend to a new player not to build the Colosseum, for which a new player is much more likely to have the prints and goods. :rolleyes:

Also absolutely nothing about guildhopping for prints and coins, and using those coins (along with as many supplies as the player can crank out) to cycle recurring quests to get as many fp packs into inventory as quickly as possible.

I mean, the only really legitimate argument that can be made for staying in Bronze for more than a couple days is to get a jumpstart on Arc prints and a decent bank for buying Arc goods, since guilds seem to have less issues with BA guildhoppers, or used to anyways. I'm not sure that the old reasons I gave for staying in Bronze are as valid anymore, since 80+ Arcs are ubiquitous now and many guilds give away the goods for free (or close to it).

Ebeondi Asi

I think it would be hard for a Bornze Age player to luck into a guild giving away ArcGoods. Most Guilds Bronze age players end up in can't even open GE level 2 LOL
But the point about Guild hopping is good. yeah hop as much and as often as you can to collect coins.
And it is nice that SomePlayer5000 is trying to write something helpful.

Agent327

And it is nice that SomePlayer5000 is trying to write something helpful.

If I look at it as a player I do not think it is helpful to give players a walkthrough for Bronze. Every starting player makes mistakes. We all do/did and what better age to make them in than Bronze, or even Iron. Those are the perfect ages to learn and develope your own game. They are also the ages you can start fresh again from scratch to do it better with the things you learned. What on earth do you learn from following a Guide? You will only get stuck later on, cause you did not learn elemental game parts by yourself.

Ebeondi Asi

The point is trying to be helpful. It is usually players (complaining like you are, or criticizing like so many players who never add anything helpful, just spend their time with love of cutting others) , that make people who start out being helpful drop out. So good luck Debbie Downer.

Pericles the Lion

If I look at it as a player I do not think it is helpful to give players a walkthrough for Bronze. Every starting player makes mistakes. We all do/did and what better age to make them in than Bronze, or even Iron. Those are the perfect ages to learn and develope your own game. They are also the ages you can start fresh again from scratch to do it better with the things you learned. What on earth do you learn from following a Guide? You will only get stuck later on, cause you did not learn elemental game parts by yourself.
Since you are responding as a player. Do you really think that this is being constructive? "What on earth do you learn from following a Guide" is one of the most asinine statements that I have ever read.

Agent327

The point is trying to be helpful.

I know what the point is and my point is that people do not learn from this. Cause one person does it in a certain way it does not mean everybody should start doing it that way. First rule of the game, don't rush, is not even mentioned. Decorations for happiness? That's a big no. Use Warriors and Slingers? Why? You can achieve the same with Spears much cheaper and faster. Bronze is an age to learn and you should use it to learn.

Emberguard

Use Warriors and Slingers? Why? You can achieve the same with Spears much cheaper and faster. Bronze is an age to learn and you should use it to learn.
Using sticks (Spearmen) was indeed what I did in Bronze Age simply because they're so effective and quick to build. However if the idea is to *learn*.... then a player should at some point get all 5 Unit Types and do as much experimentation on both Manual and Auto Battle as they can to get a feel for each unit type.

If anything the main argument against using units outside of Spearmen while in the Bronze Age is simply the speed in which a new player would complete Bronze Age and then get access to Iron Age units. Otherwise there would be more value in a new player using all the units just to figure things out and then deciding which ones are worth using.

Agent327

Using sticks (Spearmen) was indeed what I did in Bronze Age simply because they're so effective and quick to build. However if the idea is to *learn*.... then a player should at some point get all 5 Unit Types and do as much experimentation on both Manual and Auto Battle as they can to get a feel for each unit type.

True, but like you said, spears are effective and quick to build. Much easier to practice with those. Especially when it comes to manual fighting and discovering how to use the terrain. Also you do not have that many opportunities to practice.

If anything the main argument against using units outside of Spearmen while in the Bronze Age is simply the speed in which a new player would complete Bronze Age and then get access to Iron Age units. Otherwise there would be more value in a new player using all the units just to figure things out and then deciding which ones are worth using.

You can go through Bronze in no time. Problem is you have to spend your fp's and the one place to do so is the tech tree. My advice would be to move into Iron, don't research Military Tactics and start experimenting there.

SomePlayer5000

Notre Dame is a High Medieval Great Building. Sorry for any confusion in the community. I also joined in late December(2021) and still came back to the game so I'm learning everything back down from square-one. Thank you for your time reading this.

Status
Not open for further replies.