• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Blueprints

Woodstock1983

I like the game Forge of Empires. I have a few suggestions. When players are looking for blueprints, I feel only the blue prints from the era we are in or completed can be found when we try to farm for blueprints. What I mean is going from guild to guild and aiding for a blueprint. Also, when we're farming form a guild I feel there should be an option to look for a guild to either join only, apply only or both. It would be easier to look for guilds to join and then exit when we're farming for blueprints.

Graviton

I like the game Forge of Empires. I have a few suggestions. When players are looking for blueprints, I feel only the blue prints from the era we are in or completed can be found when we try to farm for blueprints.

If you're saying what I think you're saying (we should only get BPs from the Era our city is in or the previous Era, not from the Era of the building being mopoed) then that's a terrible idea. That severely impacts the ability for lower-age players to get higher-aged BPs. That's very close to a game rule prohibiting people from building GBs above their Era. Terrible idea.

If you're looking for prints for a specific GB, then donate to one or keep your mopos to buildings in the same Era as the GB. In fact, doesn't "farming for prints" mean you're guild-hopping to find new GBs to donate to, or am I misunderstanding that concept?

Also, when we're farming form a guild I feel there should be an option to look for a guild to either join only, apply only or both. It would be easier to look for guilds to join and then exit when we're farming for blueprints.

If you're saying what I think you're saying (a sortable Guild list) that's not a terrible idea. I'd vote for this one; you've got two proposals here. Scrap the first one and work on the second.

Super Catanian

This wouldn't be a good idea balance-wise. Many Guilds already dislike Guild Hoppers, as they're known. In fact, a vote in my current Guild (we're in the top 100 and Guild Hoppers were a common thing) led us to only be an Application-Only Guild. This definitely stopped Guild Hoppers.

While not a terrible suggestion, it would only benefit one group of players: Guild Hoppers. And what do others get, besides a free aid?

Woodstock1983

What I'm trying to say is when we farm for blueprints, we should get the blueprints for one level of the GBs at a time. Sorry I miss spoke. example, once we have all the blueprints for one GBs, we shouldn't get another copy of the same GB until we have all the other blueprints in that level. Like we shouldn't get level 2 until we complete all the blueprints for level 1 of the other GBs.

Super Catanian

What I'm trying to say is when we farm for blueprints, we should get the blueprints for one level of the GBs at a time. Sorry I miss spoke. example, once we have all the blueprints for one GBs, we shouldn't get another copy of the same GB until we have all the other blueprints in that level. Like we shouldn't get level 2 until we complete all the blueprints for level 1 of the other GBs.
One word...

R A N D O M ! !

Woodstock1983

I'm trying to get blueprints of the other GBs but I keep getting blueprints of other GBs before I complete the GBs I already have. That's why I said we should complete one GBs at a time.

Graviton

Okay. Not as bad. Still, I don't think it's necessary to accelerate BP acquisition either. And while "making the game easier" is often too broad a brush, it certainly applies to this. I still advise that you concentrate on the other proposal.

DevaCat

A little hard to understand, but I'm basically No. It appears that what you want is to only get prints on the GB you want until you have all you want before getting prints of another GB. Doesn't work that way.

Keep guild hopping and aiding. Do it long enough and you'll get the prints you need. If you can't wait, there's always diamonds.

DeletedUser

I'm going to move this to Forge Hall for any further discussion. There should only be one suggestion per proposal.

That being said, your suggestion about BPs is a violation of the Do Not Suggest List for proposals, link in my signature. It is a change to existing rewards. The suggestion about filters for guild hunting would be okay as a proposal, but needs to be a stand alone proposal.

Lankybrit

How about we are allowed to choose a preferred GB. Then, when we get a random Blueprint, there's an increased (small increase) chance that it will be for this building instead of the Random one it was about to hit.

DevaCat

How about we are allowed to choose a preferred GB. Then, when we get a random Blueprint, there's an increased (small increase) chance that it will be for this building instead of the Random one it was about to hit.
Really, the most effective way to get prints of a preferred GB is to find one that's being actively leveled and high enough level that taking 5th will get you several prints. Contact that person and see if you can do that, a lot of times they'll say sure, because a lot of people like to help.

An example would be a gb in the 50s - 60s range. 5th on that GB might cost 19 fps, but would get you 10 fps back plus 6 prints and a bunch of medals. So 6 prints for 9 fps ain't bad. (Rough example; GBs and levels vary, but that's the idea) Keep doing that a while and you'll get your prints.

Jern2017

I think that while guild hopping can be a good strategy to accumulate BPs very early in the game, wanting to change the mechanic for getting them isn't necessary.

Join an active guild and donate FPs to GBs you need BPs for.

-You'll get BPs for the exact GB you need them for, on higher level GBs.
-If the level of the GB is high enough, you'll get more, much more than one BP for it.
-You'll help your guildmates grow stronger, which will in turn help your guild get stronger.

With the amount of inactive, dead guilds, I really don't think more incentive for guild hopping is needed.

Woodstock1983

I'm going to move this to Forge Hall for any further discussion. There should only be one suggestion per proposal.

That being said, your suggestion about BPs is a violation of the Do Not Suggest List for proposals, link in my signature. It is a change to existing rewards. The suggestion about filters for guild hunting would be okay as a proposal, but needs to be a stand alone proposal.
I'm sorry I didn't understand that part. Thanks for explaining it for me.

Mustapha00

Even though I do occasionally find myself running short of BPs (usually through poor planning on my part as well as punishment that I rarely deserve from the Gods of the RNG), I have to say it's not like there aren't plenty of ways to obtain BPs. I get that, along with the few you really want or need, you'll get many that you do not (trading 10:1 my Atonium BPs for practically anything other than Colosseum or Notre Dame!), but, with a bit of patience and luck, you'll get the ones you need.

Fill out that Friends List and Aid every day possible. It's a rare day that I don;t get at least a couple of BPs that way.

Antiques Dealer offers random BPs occasionally- and pretty cheaply.

Daily Challenges offer 5 random BPs as a rewards choice fairly often.

Incidents can yeild BPs.

Quests can give BPs, especially the repeatable ones. "Gather XXXXX Coins" and "Gather XXXX Supplies" are probably the easiest ones to do.