[Confirmed] Blurring Screen

Discussion in 'Confirmed' started by Snowbelle, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Snowbelle

Snowbelle Well-Known Member

We have been made aware that some players with the latest update are having burring screen issues. Our developers have been made aware and we are working on resolving this issue soon.

2. Nicholas 388 the wicked

Nicholas 388 the wicked New Member

The opaque background is giving me one big migraine every time I look at it. I can't stand playing the game for more than 10 minutes. If it's not correct it soon I will have to give up my game.

Taneria likes this.
  3. Xerosaur

Xerosaur New Member

Hello, In that I play on mobile, the update containing this error just became available this morning, and was consequently just loaded for playing.

I will agree on the multiple issues this causes, aside from “a migrane”. The “blurred shade” is initiated on almost all modal dialog boxes, and it severely blocks visual access to critical game controls, and feedback about important game issues.

Among other very obvious things:

1. You can’t see your FP well, or see ANY changes to it as you work.
    2. You can’t see your supply, coin, diamond totals, or how they change as you both add or subtract to those wells, either.
    3. You can’t see actions affecting or interacting with the quest giver (Daily Challenge) or the guys/gals in the STORY, BONUS, SIDE and RECURRING quest lines.
    4. You can’t know how many coin -> FP conversions you’ve done - updates either aren’t being done in the background until you release the dialog box/shade.

The list has many more important items, and consequences to ALL players... YES ALL.

Please return the gameplay back to what it was. We are blind pilots in our city and game playing currently.

4. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

Do you know what "confirmed" means?

RaveWolf likes this.
  5. Maggie-May

Maggie-May New Member

Glad to hear this is a bug vs a planned update because it is definitely a headache to deal with. Thanks devs in advance for fixing it.

6. Agent327

Except it is not a bug, but something deliberately put in there.

7. e21Iceman

e21Iceman New Member

Yup. I agree with all of this. PLEASE change it back or give us an option to disable it. Thank you!

8. Antiochos 1337 the Lucky

Antiochos 1337 the Lucky New Member

It is not a bug. a bug is an accidental screw-up. this was intentional.
    Someone, who clearly never actually play the game, had to approve the change, someone had to code it, clearly no-one had to test it, or Inno would face hazard in the workplace issues - subjecting an employee to that kind of health hazerd for any length of time will get you into trouble as an employer.
    Worse, this was detected way before this plague was unleashed on the general public.
    The fact that it was indicate either a very messy code-base and change management process, or 'screw them, I know better' attitude of someone(s) over there.

The fact that the blur stack, that is a dialog on top of a dialog blur the underlying dialog, is good indication that the bluring effect is implemented in the base dialog object, iow a very localized change. a simple git revert and done, side effect of removal should be very very minimal if any and would not require a full blown release cycle to validate.

9. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

^ Nice made up story. Your point is what? Inno has acknowledged the issue and will fix it when they decide to.

P.S. - When you find the "I don't like this new feature. Change it." folder, I'm sure the Mods will be happy to move the issue there at that time. In the meantime, you'll just have live with it sitting in the bug folder.

10. Agent327

Nothing made up about it. It was intentional.

11. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

You keep saying that. Have you ever posted your evidence of this assertion?

12. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

I didn't say it wasn't intentional, I said the rest of the crap @Antiochos 1337 the Lucky spewed was a nice made up story. Hyperbole at it's finest.

13. Ctik

Ctik Member

How much longer before we can turn this off?

14. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

It will be fixed by the next update.

15. Emberguard

Emberguard Well-Known Member

Update can be seen here [Link] for those that don't know where to find it. How long will depend on when the updates reach your specific platforms stores.

RaveWolf, Stephen Longshanks and Ctik like this.