• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Bored of FOE

DeletedUser15539

I'd have to say that pretty much any game company would be thrilled to have someone play their game for going on six years.

But, as darthenning said, there comes a time in just about every single game that a player or many players just decide that whatever drew them to the game in the first place and kept them coming back to play for however long begins to run out (WOW seems to be the one and only exception to that).
I'm beginning to feel much the same way. I enjoy setting goals and reaching them, but each completed goal only improves my city by a smaller and smaller increment. And some of these ads show other games that are starting to look more interesting to me than FOE.

DeletedUser21322

I apologize for the delay in responding. I quit playing for about 2-3 months.

- Remove historical quests - nobody reads the story anyway because it's not presented in an interesting way
These were added to make the game more intresting. it is the choice of the player to participate or not.
- Make the story questline more interesting (it used to be fun to read, not any more).
What kind of quest lines would you recommend?
- Make the battles on continent map less repetative
I agree this could be updated
- Introduce guild GBs. Meaning, GBs that the guild works together to build.
I like this idea, please feel free to put it into a proposal on the proposal page
- Introduce neighborhood GBs. Meaning, neighborhoods compete against other neighborhoods to level a GB as quickly as possible before the neighborhood changes
Another great idea. Put this on the proposal page
- Rework score to de-emphasize GvG battle spamming (fill sector, release, siege & recapture daily)
The Scoring has been reworked a couple of times within the last 2.5 years. Just because some players do not participate in GVG I agree it should not count against them, however it is personal battles that counts not directly GVG so if you attack your neighbors or even in GE they count for you as battles.
- Bring back HQ jumping on GvG
If you would like this in a proposal as well Feedback is always good for the devs
- Add mobile interaction to GvG
You may add this to the list of proposal ideas as well.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions. I see some really good ideas for the game to change here. Anyone is welcome to put together proposals. We just ask that they are in proper proposal format, which I know most of you already know.

Volodya

I apologize for the delay in responding. I quit playing for about 2-3 months.

- Remove historical quests - nobody reads the story anyway because it's not presented in an interesting way
- Make the story questline more interesting (it used to be fun to read, not any more).
- Make the battles on continent map less repetative
- Introduce guild GBs. Meaning, GBs that the guild works together to build.
- Introduce neighborhood GBs. Meaning, neighborhoods compete against other neighborhoods to level a GB as quickly as possible before the neighborhood changes
- Rework score to de-emphasize GvG battle spamming (fill sector, release, siege & recapture daily)
- Bring back HQ jumping on GvG
- Add mobile interaction to GvG
Really interesting suggestions about guild and neighborhood gbs. I don't remember seeing either before.

ITown

That you read and historical questlines not? Rather a contradiction.
Not really. Both suffer from the same issue. The stories suck.

It is the continent map. It reflects an era in the game, so repetitive makes sense.
The early maps aren't repetitive like that. Some battles are literally identical within the same province.

They have. It is called The Arc
No, that's a GB that individuals build, that can benefit the guild. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about a single GB shared by the guild and is built together.

Neighbours are the opponents in the game, not your friends.
Where'd you get that ridiculous idea?

Doesn't that contradict your previous point?
Not at all. In fact the above is a pre-requisite. The reason HQ hopping was eliminated was to prevent abusive point farming. The reason HQ hopping should exist is to keep a guild with lots of land on its toes.

Agent327

Not really. Both suffer from the same issue. The stories suck.

I totally agree with you, so I find it strange you still read one and even want it to be improved.

The early maps aren't repetitive like that. Some battles are literally identical within the same province.

True, but there really is no need to change that. It is more easy this way and let's face it, you are not doing those provinces for fun.

No, that's a GB that individuals build, that can benefit the guild. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about a single GB shared by the guild and is built together.

For what reason? There are plenty of ways a guild can work together. Why do we need an extra GB for that and where will it be placed?

Where'd you get that ridiculous idea?

Probably from the fact that I can attack my neighbours. Do you attack your friends a lot?

Not at all. In fact the above is a pre-requisite. The reason HQ hopping was eliminated was to prevent abusive point farming. The reason HQ hopping should exist is to keep a guild with lots of land on its toes.

Point farming is still there.

Most players play on the app, not the PC. There is no GvG on the app. Do you really think they can be bothered by this?

DeletedUser35475

Yes, you can aid your neighbors, but why would you? Coins and BPs are a dime a dozen.

When you are first starting out it's needed.

Plus since so many people build GB way ahead of their era aiding the top people in a neighborhood can give you prints for down the road. In my Industrial Age city I already have gotten 2 complete sets of Arc prints plus a few more just by aiding and most came from the hood.

DeletedUser

When you are first starting out it's needed.

Plus since so many people build GB way ahead of their era aiding the top people in a neighborhood can give you prints for down the road. In my Industrial Age city I already have gotten 2 complete sets of Arc prints plus a few more just by aiding and most came from the hood.
If you're in Industrial, you're not getting Arc BPs from aiding your neighbors, unless you have some that moved up 2 ages since the hood shuffle. You either got them from guild mates, or players on your friends list. And yes, before you unlock PvP tech it makes sense to aid your neighbors, but not after.

DeletedUser35475

If you're in Industrial, you're not getting Arc BPs from aiding your neighbors, unless you have some that moved up 2 ages since the hood shuffle. You either got them from guild mates, or players on your friends list. And yes, before you unlock PvP tech it makes sense to aid your neighbors, but not after.

You may be right about the Arc prints. I click through so fast aiding I usually only know I got a print.

Agent327

If you weren't so annoying maybe the entire neighborhood wouldn't be attacking you.

That must be it. Thanks for the tip gramps. With neighbourhoods changing that means that every OF player on my world visits this forum and also disagrees with me. Man, that is really massive. Thanks for opening my eyes.

Volodya

Why would I want to aid anyone that tries to attack and plunder me?
My neighbors don't attack and plunder me. I've been attacked maybe a half dozen times in the past year and a half; successfully I think twice. I've invested a lot a resources in my defense. Maybe that'll change when I finally get bored with AF and advance (which will probably happen when VF is released.) If I find myself more vulnerable after aging up, I've got a lot of additional defense still in inventory.

I don't attack my neighbors in real life; why would I do it in this game? If I am attacked I retaliate, generally successfully, but other than that I choose not to. I find that most of my neighbors respond in kind.

DeletedUser35475

There are normally 70-75 people in my neighborhood. Maybe I get attacked 1 time a day and plundered 1 time every 2 weeks.

I understand the attacks as many of the daily quests require you to attack. You have to be pretty much the biggest jerk in the world for every one of your neighbors to attack you daily!

Agent327

I don't attack my neighbors in real life; why would I do it in this game? If I am attacked I retaliate, generally successfully, but other than that I choose not to. I find that most of my neighbors respond in kind.

What on earth does this have to do with real live? Ever seen people living in a snowglobe? Ever see a drummer damage a tank?

Attacking your neighbours is part of the game. GB's Like VoyagerV1 and Atlantis Museum support that. Nothing in this game indicates that you HAVE to work together with your neighbours.

Volodya

What on earth does this have to do with real live? Ever seen people living in a snowglobe? Ever see a drummer damage a tank?

Attacking your neighbours is part of the game. GB's Like VoyagerV1 and Atlantis Museum support that. Nothing in this game indicates that you HAVE to work together with your neighbours.
Obviously you don't HAVE to cooperate with your neighbors; obviously you CAN attack them, entirely within the rules and the spirit of the game; luckily for me I never even hinted the contrary. You're the one talking in absolutes, stating categorically that "Neighbours are the opponents in the game."

Emphasis added.

DeletedUser35475

Obviously you don't HAVE to cooperate with your neighbors; obviously you CAN attack them, entirely within the rules and the spirit of the game; luckily for me I never even hinted the contrary. You're the one talking in absolutes, stating categorically that "Neighbours are the opponents in the game."

Emphasis added.

I love my neighbors. They give me about 1,000 coins a week each!

Agent327

They are the only ones in the game you compete with for prizes. That makes them the opponents as far as I am concerned.