• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Brief guide to special buildings

DeletedUser

This guide gives a very brief description of FoE special buildings that can be obtained only during seasonal events or as a special reward. The buildings are classified according to their primary function, and the detailed stats are not shown here. If you want to know more about certain building, follow the links which lead to posts in this extensive guide.

"Ordinary" special buildings

These buildings work in the same way as ordinary ones, but usually have much better stats. All of them belong to a certain age and can be upgraded using Renovation Kits, can be motivated/polished and plundered if not motivated, and their coin/supply output depends on happiness and is boosted by GBs. Some of these buildings also have minor side effects (indicated in brackets).

Residential buildings: Log Cabin, Snow Globe, Straw Hut, Ziggurat (also provides happiness).

Coin producers (residential buildings with extremely low population): Gingerbread House (also provides happiness), Haunted House (also gives negative happiness), The King, The Queen.

Production buildings: Beach Bar, Confectionary, Fan Shop (also provides happiness), Huge Confectionary (also provides happiness), Large Confectionary, Reindeer Paddock.

Supply producers (production buildings with extremely low population requirements): Witch Doctor (also provides happiness; when motivated, gives coins but supplies are not doubled).

Cultural buildings: Ancient Graveyard, Graveyard, Old Graveyard, Sandcastle, Winter Gate, Winter Market.

Decorations: Award Trophy, Decorated Baobab, Eternal Tree of Love, Festive Tree, Gate Statue East, Gate Statue West, Great Tree of Love, Memento, Mobilith, Neighborhood Cup, Nutcracker, Palm Tree, Phoenix Statue, Scarecrow, Sphinx, Sundial, Tree of Love, Vitruvian Man, Well of Welcome.

"Special" special buildings

These buildings give benefits that generally cannot be obtained using ordinary buildings. They can be age-specific (belong to a certain age, require Renovation Kit for upgrade), ageless (same stats in all ages), or auto-age (automatically upgraded to player's age). Motivation of these buildings often has an usual effect and trigger their special function. Based on their special properties, they can be divided into military structures (providing offensive/defensive benefits) and resource structures (allowing production of such resources as medals, FP, etc.).

Military structures

Champion's Retreat (military building, age-specific) - allows production of Champions.

Drummer School (military building, ageless) - allows production of Military Drummers, gives +4% attack to attacking army.

Monastery (ageless) - gives +20% defense to defensive army; has no other benefits.

Rogue Hideout (military building, ageless) - allows production of Rogues.

Tiger's Den (cultural building, age-specific) - gives +5% defense to defensive army.

Watchfire (ageless) - gives +4% defense to defensive army; does not require road; has no other benefits.

Resource Structures

Bazaar (production building, age-specific) - allows production of supplies, coins, guild power, medals, goods, or FP (player's choice); cannot be motivated, but can be plundered.

Caravansary (residential building, age-specific) - when motivated, produces medals and one of each (refined) goods (coins are not doubled).

Hall of Fame (age-specific) - produces guild power on 24h schedule; can be motivated and plundered.

Oasis (residential building, age-specific) - when motivated, produces one of each (refined) goods (coins are not doubled).

Shrine of Awe (coin producer, age-specific) - when motivated, coins are doubled and also produces medals.

Shrine of Knowledge (coin producer, age-specific) - when motivated, coins are doubled and also produces 1 FP.

Victory Tower (auto-age) - produces medals once per week; does not require road; cannot be motivated or plundered.

Wishing Well (auto-age) - once per day, randomly produces coins, supplies, (unrefined) goods, medals, 2 FP, or 50 diamonds; cannot be motivated or plundered.

This list includes all special buildings as of Summer Event 2015. If you noticed a mistype, mistake, or wrong link, please replay to the this thread.

DeletedUser19164

Specifically, which building can we use the Renovation Kit on and what will it turn into when used?

DeletedUser8428

Reno kits work on event buildings - that is, buildings that are only obtained during events and do not appear in your normal building menu (or on the tech tree). 1 reno kit will take one building from the era associated with to your current era. It cannot be used more than once.

DeletedUser9184

Links are still BROKEN!
There's no point in fixing them until the post that the links go to are fixed themselves. As I mentioned in another thread, I do not have the time to fix them now, so please be patient (as I will only be free after the 14th)

DeletedUser

When I acquire a special building via event, the age of the building is given at that moment or at the time when I decide to build it? Eg. if I am at the end of the age and I gain special building, shall I wait until I reach new age and then build it?

DeletedUser8428

When I acquire a special building via event, the age of the building is given at that moment or at the time when I decide to build it? Eg. if I am at the end of the age and I gain special building, shall I wait until I reach new age and then build it?

Nope. The age of the building is determined by the age you were in when you WON it.

DeletedUser24502

Is the effect of the drummer school (4% attack) cumulative, i.e. if I were to build 2 would the attack bonus double?

DeletedUser9375

Can anyone tell me if tiger's dens stack? That is, if I have two of them will they give 10% defense? Thanks.