• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Brisgard Conclave

• Thread starter DeletedUser2952
  • Start date

DeletedUser2952

Fellow Lords and Ladies of Brisgard. I have called this conclave for two reasons.
First to expose a cowardly knave that walks among us. This caitiff has the audacity to tell me “I doubt much is beneath you, other than those who can't fight back that you hold down & do whatever unthinkable things to.” Forsooth I am a soldier not a merchant. Indeed I plunder the rich and powerful for what I need, but the weak are only discouraged from sabotage. This coward sits in the seventh chair (four seats below me) of the local counsel and holds the top seat in the jousts (HMA). Early in my reign, this snake would slither into my city eating my resources trying to keep me down. But through perseverance, we grew strong and powerful. Today his army deserts in droves at even the thought of any offensive action against us. My army is small but well trained. His army is twice my size but effete and ineffective like its leader. He has called me a “halfwit mocker”, which is true because I stand before you today mocking this “halfwit”. I leave it up to this sage assembly to determine for themselves who is the despicable craven swine.
The second reason is to warn you about a powerful foe to the east. They have such marvelous weapons including a crossbow that fires metal balls. I found two of these on the battlefield at Ravens Creek. I have my alchemists, scholars and metal smiths working round the clock trying to duplicate these wonders. My Chancellor has named them “mousquet” because they are like deadly “little flies”. The home guard practices day and night to obtain proficiency so they can begin a training academy as soon as we have unlocked their secret. They have also made an alliance with the Will ‘O Wisps. The Wisps have taught their soldiers to vanish in the brush and trees even the most keen eyed scouts and spotters lose track of them.
Now a toast to the brave and proud! Prost!

DeletedUser2952

My Lords and Ladies. Knights and common folk. We have called this conclave to announce a joyous event, GRAND GAP HAS FALLEN!.The pompous King Godefrey Darkblood rots in Our dungeon! Even his ensorcelled troops could not stand before the might of Our armies. This marks both a joyous and a sad event. We have conquered all our foes! But, Alas, with no new lands to acquire, We fear We lack the means to keep our armies honed for battle. But, for now we celebrate! Open the granaries! Break out the wine and ale! Slaughter both ox and lamb! On the morrow, market square shall be the scene of a giant feast for all.

There is a mar on Our glory! That buffoon, RinBin, convinced Us that a sector of Ashcrook was too beautiful to be marred by war. ‘Twas a mighty promise he made that the final reward would be well worth the indignity of negotiations to spare it from the ravages of war. ‘Twill not be his face that adorns Our walls, but his head adorning the stocks on the morrow!

Spread the word throughout all Our lands and beyond. Any man or woman, sorcerer or scholar, warrior or thief that can lift the veil of mist that keeps Us from entering the new lands to the south, shall be richly rewarded! A hundred thousand coins, title and a fiefdom shall be theirs!

We fear that if Our armies grow too restless, our neighbors may suffer!