• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Buff the Arctic Orangery Chance

DeepShagy

At a low level the Arctic Orangery barley gives you a chance its like 4.80% and for people like me its pretty hard to level it.

Agent327

My friends said it was a good gb to get and it was one of the best gbs in there opinion so I got it and now I don't want to sell it.

So because you do not want to sell it, it needs to be buffed to suit your needs?

Hey I am 12 and I bought a car. I can not get my drver's license till I am 18 so that needs to be changed now to 12, cause I got a car.

DeepShagy

So because you do not want to sell it, it needs to be buffed to suit your needs?

Hey I am 12 and I bought a car. I can not get my drver's license till I am 18 so that needs to be changed now to 12, cause I got a car.
It doesn't need to be buffed it was just a suggestion its still a good gb on its own. Its just that it would be helpful if it was buffed. Sorry for not being specific...

I will delete the post now...

Never mind I don't know how to delete it you can delete it yourself...

CaptainKirk1234

It doesn't need to be buffed it was just a suggestion its still a good gb on its own. Its just that it would be helpful if it was buffed. Sorry for not being specific...

I will delete the post now...

Never mind I don't know how to delete it you can delete it yourself...
It still gets the forge points, 1 per level in addition to its main boost.

DevaCat

Like any of the "xx% chance" buildings, your results can be subject to "streaks" both good and bad. In one city I recently put one down and even at level 2 in one fight the crit hit proc went off 3 times - happy me! But I know I'll probably pay for that luck by having many fights pass before I see another proc lol, it's just how it works. Over time and with increased levels I suspect it will prove to be a valued component of my GB suite, and as noted the FP production is a nice secondary add.

wolfhoundtoo

You shouldn't build GBs because your friends say they are good (which AO is a good one). You need to decide how that GB will fit in your city, how you will level it to get the benefits, and how it will impact your development. That or you need to have a friend that will actually help you design your city because most GBs are only 'good' if your city and play style will utilize them effectively. Alcatraz is a great building doesn't mean it's a good idea to build it early for everyone.

Algona

At 6.7% there should have been 17 critical hits yet I got none.

I got something like .0000002 (maybe not enough zeroes?) chance of that happening.

Any chance you are using different Era troops?

Sometimes a crit hit is still not enough damage for a one shot kill. That means up to half of crit hits can be second hits.

What Era are you in, what units are you using, what is you attack percentage, and what attrit are you reaching?

wolfhoundtoo

Has anyone noticed a drop in the number of times the AO fires? My AO is at level 9 and should be delivering critical hits 6.7% of the time. Over the past several days I've not seen a crit once despite a bunch of battles. Just today I fought 32 battles in GBG. Excluding second waves, my troops killed 256 opposing units. At 6.7% there should have been 17 critical hits yet I got none. Just bad luck?

Your math is probably wrong as you are using 256 times as the number of times you'd get a critical hit when you are likely 2 shot killing the enemy. So that means half of the 'chances' of an AO hit aren't likely to show up as you just see the enemy die and don't really care if it was due to the AO working.

Also, Algona has some very good points above that might explain it as well.

DavidAnnArbor

Does anyone understand how the Arctic Orangery works? It says in the Wiki that it provides a 150% critical hit. Lets say as an example my attack is 200%. Does that mean that a critical hit adds 150% to the 200% to yield a 350%? Or does it mean that it multiplies my 200% by 1.5, which is 300%, and adds 300% to my 200% to yield a total of 500% as a critical hit?

wolfhoundtoo

Does anyone understand how the Arctic Orangery works? It says in the Wiki that it provides a 150% critical hit. Lets say as an example my attack is 200%. Does that mean that a critical hit adds 150% to the 200% to yield a 350%? Or does it mean that it multiplies my 200% by 1.5, which is 300%, and adds 300% to my 200% to yield a total of 500% as a critical hit?

It says it delivers 150% damage so that means whatever damage your attack does that gets calculated by the system and then that damage is multiplied by 1.5 to equal the amount of damage that you deliver. AO does not increase your attack.

It also only works on units of the same age if you didn't notice that (or if it wasn't mentioned in the wiki). So when you attack a unit (and in my case I have about a 25% chance of a critical hit) the damage is calculated then 1/4th of the time (statistically speaking that doesn't mean every 4th time) the damage that unit does will be 150% so if i did 2 damage then it would be then be 3.

personally, I tell my peeps dont put it down unless you are prepared to level it straight up to 25. That way the FP output makes the space worth it. The % for a crit is gravy, until you have time later to take it to 80. When you get much older in age it needs to go further. I plan to push mine to at lease 33.33% chance to proc.