• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Build Multiple Buildings "Mode"

Would you like to see my idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

*KAREN*

Idea:
Allow multiples of a building to be built without clicking/pressing the item again in the "Building Menu".

Reason:
Sometimes to complete quests or especially in the Settlements, it is needed to build multiples of one building. This can be very time consuming and detracts from the enjoyable nature of the game by having to repeat the same step multiple times to accomplish the goal. Similar additions to the game such as multiple building upgrade kits/one-up/reno kits have been implemented to allow a more enjoyable experience to the player.

Details:
When clicking/pressing an item to be built from the build menu, it could be "locked" similarly to the building upgrades/one-up/reno kits to allow you to click in multiple open areas of your city/settlement to build multiples of the building that was selected. When the player is finished, there would be a "Cancel Action" button similar to that process to allow the player to exit out of that mode.

Edit:
---OR---
Adding buildings to your town/settlement could be similar to roads, in that you can drag them to build multiple. This would probably be best suited for buildings with a 1x1 footprint up to a 2x2 footprint (like roads).

Visual Aids:
1621955074063.png

Balance:
This should not affect other game features to the best of my knowledge.

Abuse Prevention:
This idea/feature would not open up any risk of abuse/cheating to the best of my knowledge.

Summary:
This feature would create a smoother gameplay and allow a more enjoyable experience than it is currently.

Last edited:

Graviton

If this is what you want why not have the option to drag buildings, similar like you can do with roads now, as well?
Shortly to be followed by this idea: "Please Give Us A Confirmation Box When Building a Building So I Can Stop Accidentally Building Thirteen Buildings At A Time".

Seriously, though...I don't see a need for this. It's not very often that one wants to build more than a couple of the same building ("Build 7 decorations" comes to mind, but that's pretty much the only one). Most quests like that require you to build two, maybe three, buildings so this wouldn't save more than a couple of seconds; not something I see myself wanting nor using. Maybe there are play styles out there that require building bunches of buildings all at once, all the time, but mine ain't one of 'em.

*KAREN*

Shortly to be followed by this idea: "Please Give Us A Confirmation Box When Building a Building So I Can Stop Accidentally Building Thirteen Buildings At A Time".

Seriously, though...I don't see a need for this. It's not very often that one wants to build more than a couple of the same building ("Build 7 decorations" comes to mind, but that's pretty much the only one). Most quests like that require you to build two, maybe three, buildings so this wouldn't save more than a couple of seconds; not something I see myself wanting nor using. Maybe there are play styles out there that require building bunches of buildings all at once, all the time, but mine ain't one of 'em.
You must not do the settlements then, as buildings tons of decorations in the settlements to unlock techs is the optimal way to complete them quickly.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
I had the same idea as you and then I remembered. At the start of the game I build and replace multiple houses. Same in the Settlements and at the start of a Colony. It is more than just quests, so why not?

SpaceMinmi

Idea:
Allow multiples of a building to be built without clicking/pressing the item again in the "Building Menu".

Reason:
Sometimes to complete quests or especially in the Settlements, it is needed to build multiples of one building. This can be very time consuming and detracts from the enjoyable nature of the game by having to repeat the same step multiple times to accomplish the goal. Similar additions to the game such as multiple building upgrade kits/one-up/reno kits have been implemented to allow a more enjoyable experience to the player.

Details:
When clicking/pressing an item to be built from the build menu, it could be "locked" similarly to the building upgrades/one-up/reno kits to allow you to click in multiple open areas of your city/settlement to build multiples of the building that was selected. When the player is finished, there would be a "Cancel Action" button similar to that process to allow the player to exit out of that mode.

Edit:
---OR---
Adding buildings to your town/settlement could be similar to roads, in that you can drag them to build multiple. This would probably be best suited for buildings with a 1x1 footprint up to a 2x2 footprint (like roads).

Visual Aids:
View attachment 18811

Balance:
This should not affect other game features to the best of my knowledge.

Abuse Prevention:
This idea/feature would not open up any risk of abuse/cheating to the best of my knowledge.

Summary:
This feature would create a smoother gameplay and allow a more enjoyable experience than it is currently.
Good idea

Pickleweasel

I don't really care either way; I would only request that if somehow this gets implemented, that it would include decorations in addition to buildings.

*KAREN*

I don't really care either way; I would only request that if somehow this gets implemented, that it would include decorations in addition to buildings.
Building many decorations quickly would be the primary benefit from this idea. It would be especially useful in the settlements.

Pickleweasel

In the game sense, Decorations are technically buildings. So are roads.
Until they aren't, like when you have a quest to build/delete a quantity of buildings where the only stipulation is age (not type), and those don't count.

Building many decorations quickly would be the primary benefit from this idea. It would be especially useful in the settlements.
Indeed, which is why I mentioned it :)

Johnny B. Goode

unless you have to build specific buildings from your age
When did I say that they worked then? Never, that's when.
Here, let me make what I said clearer to those who have comprehension issues. Residential, production, goods, cultural and military buildings, roads and decorations all count as buildings for quests both when their specific type of building is required, and when no specific type is required. For example, if a quest required 7 Decorations to be built, only Decorations will count. If production buildings are required, then only production buildings will count. If no specific type of building is required, any of these types of buildings will count, including roads and decorations. Got it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.