• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Building boost from Tavern doesn't show in buildings

Skag

Given a quest to boost population. Started 2 new houses. Used 75% boost from Tavern to reduce 9:00 hour build time to 2:25 hour build time. Build time still shows 8:54 hours left to construct. This is the first time I have tried this boost.
Looks like the boost did not get applied. Any ideas?

Pericles the Lion

Given a quest to boost population. Started 2 new houses. Used 75% boost from Tavern to reduce 9:00 hour build time to 2:25 hour build time. Build time still shows 8:54 hours left to construct. This is the first time I have tried this boost.
Looks like the boost did not get applied. Any ideas?
Build multi-story houses (20 sec construction), plant, sell, repeat. I had same quest today. Oddly, the population was credited to the quest when construction began instead of when it ended. This is the first time I've noticed this.

Joeyjojojo

Build and delete a military building...when it's built you lose population which is credited back when you delete it. That counts for these quests--probably shouldn't but it does, which is very nice in later ages because it would take forever otherwise. Oh, and military because they tend to have a large population requirement.

DevaCat

Build and delete a military building...when it's built you lose population which is credited back when you delete it. That counts for these quests--probably shouldn't but it does, which is very nice in later ages because it would take forever otherwise. Oh, and military because they tend to have a large population requirement.
I use the military build for the same reasons. I think the reason the pop counts for the quest is that the resource costs for a building (pop, coins etc) are deducted from your city when you click/tap to build it, and when deleting the building you’re getting a refund (full or partial) of those resources so it’s a legit operation. With the military building you don’t have to wait for completion, just build and delete while in “sticks” - and it doesn’t even have to be road attached.

Aethelcatt VIII

Build multi-story houses (20 sec construction), plant, sell, repeat. I had same quest today. Oddly, the population was credited to the quest when construction began instead of when it ended. This is the first time I've noticed this.
Are you sure the population was credited when construction began? I seem to recall that it doesn't happen until the building is completed (yeah...after 20 whole seconds), unlike with those "build a residential building" quests, where you do get credited as soon as you lay down the foundation. That's why I've always used multi-story houses for "gain population" quests and the cheaper but slower framed houses for "build residential building" quests.

Pericles the Lion

Are you sure the population was credited when construction began? I seem to recall that it doesn't happen until the building is completed (yeah...after 20 whole seconds), unlike with those "build a residential building" quests, where you do get credited as soon as you lay down the foundation. That's why I've always used multi-story houses for "gain population" quests and the cheaper but slower framed houses for "build residential building" quests.
I'm sure, I checked again later. When the building is planted the pop increases while it's still stix. When it's sold the pop goes back down. Having read the posts about military buildings I think they are a better wat to go if there's room for the bigger building. Lots more population from a military building means fewer buildings to plant.

wolfhoundtoo

Isn't multistory the diamond building from EMA I think? With a 20 second construction time you probably just had a lag on seeing it complete building rather than credit immediately. That or for 20 seconds they figured there wasn't much reason not to give you credit immediately. What's the most it did save you 10 seconds per building?

Johnny B. Goode

I'm sure, I checked again later. When the building is planted the pop increases while it's still stix.
I believe you're mistaken...or it's a glitch. I just built a Multistory House on 6 different worlds, on PC and on mobile, and on every one it only added the population after the building completed. The only thing that should complete when first placing the building is a "Build residential building" quest.

Ebeondi Asi

Yes population gain the building has to be completed to get the gain. Same thing for happiness. completed.
However for pop loss the pop is taken the moment the building (needing population) is planted

Pericles the Lion

I believe you're mistaken...or it's a glitch. I just built a Multistory House on 6 different worlds, on PC and on mobile, and on every one it only added the population after the building completed. The only thing that should complete when first placing the building is a "Build residential building" quest.
Must have been a glitch. Today the population didn't increase until completion.

Lord Pest

The gain population quest. There is a trick. Pick a goods building that needs population. Start to build it. Immediately delete it. The quest just added the population the goods building subtracted when you deleted it. Repeat until you satisfy the quest. You see it’s not gain total population. It’s gain idle population and it’s additive so start building then deleting a building that use population like a goods building over and over works very well.

Agent327

The gain population quest. There is a trick. Pick a goods building that needs population. Start to build it. Immediately delete it. The quest just added the population the goods building subtracted when you deleted it. Repeat until you satisfy the quest. You see it’s not gain total population. It’s gain idle population and it’s additive so start building then deleting a building that use population like a goods building over and over works very well.

Every goods building needs population and the already suggested use of military buildings for "the trick" is much better. Military buildings require 4 to 5 times the population goods buildings need.