• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Bulletin board, or chalkboard in Friends Tavern

RetiredGuy

Has there ever been a discussion about adding a bulletin board in the friends tavern so you can make announcements,, eg new GB, I'm on vacation, etc?

DeletedUser

Has there ever been a discussion about adding a bulletin board in the friends tavern so you can make announcements,, eg new GB, I'm on vacation, etc?
I believe that there was a proposal or suggestion about a "chat" type feature, but it didn't get any traction if I remember right. The problem with ideas like this is that two players rarely, if ever, have identical friends lists. So the information would be irrelevant to many of those visiting. Unless you're talking about a bulletin board that only the Tavern owner could post on. Now that might be nice.

Emberguard

Yeah count me in.

I mean the profile has that function already, but it’d be nice to have it expanded further in the Tavern

DeletedUser28147

Yes, only the owner could post..
I would support this proposal as well but make it so you can only put in a certain number of words. And maybe mention the fact that not everyone reads the "profile message" you can make when in the town hall. Whereas everyone would see the bulliten board on the tavern when visting if they place it properly.

Emberguard

Everyone can see the profile message when visiting even on mobile by clicking on the city name. If they’re not going to see the profile message it’s less likely they’ll see the tavern message as that requires going even further out of their way then the current system

Still in support of the idea as another way to communicate, just don’t agree not reading the profile message is going to work in your favour.

DeletedUser

If players do not read your profile they will most certainly not reed a message in your tavern. Sitting in the tavern is the same as aiding. All you do is repeatedly click a button. You do not pay attention to anything else.
That is true now because there is nothing else to pay attention to. However, if there were a new feature like this it could come in handy, especially in cases where you want your friends to know you're on vacation but don't want to put it in your profile where your hoodies can see it easily.

DeletedUser33179

I'd never read it. I do tavern visiting quickly, just like aiding. No way I'm taking the time to pause to look at every tavern's message board each day.

In essence, it's a fixed point from which all my friends can spam me with whatever they want to say - which will quite likely be entirely useless to me (or to everyone), or outdated, or irrelevant, etc.

DeletedUser

I'd never read it. I do tavern visiting quickly, just like aiding. No way I'm taking the time to pause to look at every tavern's message board each day.

In essence, it's a fixed point from which all my friends can spam me with whatever they want to say - which will quite likely be entirely useless to me (or to everyone), or outdated, or irrelevant, etc.
This idea is for a bulletin board that only the Tavern owner can write on.

DeletedUser

That's correct.
(sorry if my use of "message" instead of "bulletin" board created unintended confusion)
To expand on my post (and incorporate parts of the now proposal), the proposed bulletin board would be small and unobtrusive. In other words, easily ignored. If someone wishes to still just sit and move on, they could still do so as this has been proposed. However, (and this is the reason I'm in favor of it) if I had a friend who didn't aid for a few days, I could look at his Tavern bulletin board to see if he has posted there that he is on vacation or something. Right now there is no way of posting that without either spamming a group message to friends or putting a notice in their profile where the hoodies can easily see it.

DeletedUser

@Stephen Longshanks what would prevent hoodies from seeing the tavern notice?
They could access it if they wanted to go to the trouble, but are you going to visit the Taverns of all your hoodies? Even if you're a dedicated plunderer, that's up to 80+ Taverns to look at. In fact, most friends would rather just hit the visit button without being taken to the Tavern if they could. If a vacation notice is in a player's profile, however, a hoodie doesn't even have to visit the city to see it.

Agent327

That is true now because there is nothing else to pay attention to. However, if there were a new feature like this it could come in handy, especially in cases where you want your friends to know you're on vacation but don't want to put it in your profile where your hoodies can see it easily.

Doesn't change a thing. Most players will not even know it is there, let alone notice it.