• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Bullies in a Late Middle age neighborhood

• Thread starter DeletedUser21112
  • Start date

DeletedUser21112

I am trying to gather data on a bully that's making life miserable to a lot of people in our neighborhood.

Since he is 5 or 10 ages ahead of everybody he just acts like a brat.
He needs to be shown his limitations

No 1
Name :
Maximus 420

his last attacks were:

7/27/15 Att.: 1.35 pm ET
Plu': 1.36
7/28/15 Att. 3.13 pm
7/29/15 Att. 6.53 pm
Plu 6.54 pm
7/30/15 Att.: 7.12 pm
Plu. 7.14
8/01/15 Att 12.37 am ET
Plu 12.38 am

No 2
JoeyOlstad

7/27/15 Att. 2.50 pm
Plu 2.59 pm
7/31/15 Att. 6.38 pm ET
Pl 6.40 pm

more to follow

DeletedUser21112

Just felt like that.
You got Berzerkers with Hacksaws or whatnot being attacked by Helicopters

DeletedUser21486

Another Bully

I am trying to gather data on a bully that's making life miserable to a lot of people in our neighborhood.

No 1
Name :
Maximus 420

his last attacks were:

7/28/15 Att. 3.13 pm
7/29/15 Att. 6.53 pm
Plu 6.54 pm
Plu. 7.14
8/01/15 Att 12.37 am ET
Plu 12.38 am

No 2
JoeyOlstad

7/27/15 Att. 2.50 pm
Plu 2.59 pm
7/31/15 Att. 6.38 pm ET
Pl 6.40 pm

more to follow

You might look at Patrick deVoor. He is way up in the top 10 players. I dont mind attacks for tower points or a house plunder (got over a million of that annoying gold stuff). But last June deVoor would hit every 25-28 hours and plunder a farm or steal the latest goods. There were other pit bulls in the hood ( 5 or 6 plunders a day) but deVoor was THE bully. I sent him a polite note offering to trade him my goods in an effort at damage control. No response. He got lost in the neighborhood shuffle and now I live in peace. But Im sure there is a hood out there that suffers from deVoor plunders.

Emporer of the Gods

DeletedUser21112

Every neighbor hood has them more or less.
It's this stupid game and the way it's set up.
Game developers seem oblivious to the problem and therefore become enablers and support "claims", that they cannot do anything about it.

I think the solution would be to cap ages that players are apart.
What sense does it make to get reamed every 24 hours with no remedy except to stop all production which essentally means stop play.

Maybe this should become a general "BULLY THREAD" ??

Exchange information so that the group can fight the individual !

Re: DeVoor , have not had the 'pleasure', BUT BY ALL MEANS:
Anybody want to post info on dates, time of day, attacking units and other info, you're more than welcome.

Information is king !

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6172

I think the solution would be to cap ages that players are apart.
Don't forget that those same more advanced neighbors can trade with you for more advanced goods, and you can get more advanced blueprints when you aid/motivate/polish their cities.

It truly sucks to be the most advanced player in your neighborhood, because you have to break trail WITHOUT any support from the neighbors.

Furthermore, defending your city is fairly easy. Mostly you need a Saint Basil's and a Deal Castle, so that your City Defenders will have some teeth. Watchfires and other defensive bonuses are pretty worthless if you can't do anything other than gum the attackers. You don't even have to win all of the time. If attacking your city is expensive, then most of the neighbors will leave you alone.

DeletedUser8796

....and how is 2 attacks bullying??? he could be doing 7 attacks you know

DeletedUser8152

No 1
Name :
Maximus 420

his last attacks were:

7/28/15 Att. 3.13 pm
7/29/15 Att. 6.53 pm
Plu 6.54 pm
Plu. 7.14
8/01/15 Att 12.37 am ET
Plu 12.38 am

No 2
JoeyOlstad

7/27/15 Att. 2.50 pm
Plu 2.59 pm
7/31/15 Att. 6.38 pm ET
Pl 6.40 pm

more to follow

Just to be clear, what these players are doing is a legitimate part of the game. If they aren't trash talking you in messages, then there's no real justification to call them a brat or a bully.

You are allowed to discuss their actions here and try to recruit someone to attack them back, but it would be better to do that without extra insults. It would probably also be better to directly contact people in your neighborhood about this, since no one else can help.

A more effective approach in my experience would be to try to find someone who is friends with them, and get that person to ask them to accept a friend request from you. (Assuming of course that you already made a friend request yourself and were declined.)

DeletedUser8796

try chatting with them become friends with them. I have met alot of great people on foe just from simple conversations several are close friends. With me if you are in my hood chat with me regularly and make a notable impression i remember them then i might still attack but not plunder.

DeletedUser

Furthermore, defending your city is fairly easy. Mostly you need a Saint Basil's and a Deal Castle, so that your City Defenders will have some teeth.

Unfortunately the Cathedral of St. Basil is LMA and the Deal Castle is CA. If you're not there yet, or even if you are, but haven't managed to get all the blueprints yet, the fact that there are good defensive GBs is of little comfort.

On P, my first neighborhood and now in my second are fairly consistent as to Age. But on the Beta Server? In my neighborhood of 71 players (including myself in IA), about a third is Stone Age, and another third is Bronze. The top 5, on the other hand, are HMA, LMA, HMA, HMA & EMA respectively. And yet, I'm finding a way to advance in spite of the huge disparity of eras.

DeletedUser21112

....and how is 2 attacks bullying??? he could be doing 7 attacks you know

it's just the LATEST two.

he has attacked on an almost daily basis for a month, and I hear the same from others.
He is as plain and simple an A S S H O L E as they get.

- - - Updated - - -

OF COURSE, you can have your opinion, but mine and others victimized are more important.
AND I did not ask for opinions, I asked for info.

Thank You

- - - Updated - - -

Let's face it :

there are as*es in society as much as there are here, maybe the percentage is higher here, because they can push you around and others (see above) see nothing wrong with that. PLUS they can hide behind a user name and a keyboard.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately the Cathedral of St. Basil is LMA and the Deal Castle is CA. If you're not there yet, or even if you are, but haven't managed to get all the blueprints yet, the fact that there are good defensive GBs is of little comfort.

I took that as a given pre-requisite.

I have other 'worlds' that I am playing in and that is by far , from the get go, the most hostile and unruly.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17558

he has attacked on an almost daily basis for a month, and I hear the same from others.

Is that all he is doing? Is he plundering? Is he trying to extort FP from you? Is he leveling personal attacks at you?

DeletedUser21112

Is that all he is doing? Is he plundering? Is he trying to extort FP from you? Is he leveling personal attacks at you?

I did not mention, but of course he is plundering and sometimes returning hours later.

Others are not, though I know they could have

DeletedUser17558

I did not mention, but of course he is plundering and sometimes returning hours later.

Others are not, though I know they could have

If all he is doing is plundering then he isn't doing anything against the rules. I he plunders you with 5 minutes to go and then immediately attacks and plunders again, what rule is he breaking? If he isn't breaking any rules and isn't doing anything else to threaten, cajole, extort, or otherwise entice you against your will to do something you don't want to do, what justification do you have for calling someone an A S S H O L E?