• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Butterfly Sanctuary Set

Citizen0

The standard layout which I am using has the main building - the House- not connected to a road. Several alternative layouts also have segments not connected to a road. The Mooingcat layouts likewise. Does that matter? How does this work?

Local Lunatic

No, most of the pieces do not need a road in order to get the boosts. I have 3 wildflower meadows not connected to a road and i still get the boosts. Doesnt look pretty with the annoying icon, but its efficient because more roads take up more space.

Last edited:

Snek

Why disconnect them? I've got 'em all connected, waiting to research the next expansion to place the ones from the calendar.

Kranyar the Mysterious

The standard layout which I am using has the main building - the House- not connected to a road. Several alternative layouts also have segments not connected to a road. The Mooingcat layouts likewise. Does that matter? How does this work?
The standard layout does allow for placing a road to the main building on the one empty segment shown in the event splash screen, they just didn't show the road on the splash screen.

Not all the parts of the set require a road, and depending upon your layout it can sometimes be advantageous to not place a road to a segment that does requires it, but you lose the reward from it. Why do it then? Because it still counts as a set piece for other pieces that you do want the reward from, such as attack bonus or forge points. For example, if you don't care about defense, then giving up that bonus in order to be able to fit an extra piece with the reward you do want can make a lot of sense when min-maxing.

=s1b=

My original post: I figured out what I wanted to do but the selection kits do not allowme to make a selection. Must I build the Butterfly House first? Hat to build something I might not use.

Answered myself: Yes, the House must be built first and be connected to a road to unlock the selection sets.

Last edited:

Kranyar the Mysterious

I figured out what I wanted to do but the selection kits do not allowme to make a selection. Must I build the Butterfly House first? Hat to build something I might not use.
No you don't need the Butterfly House at all if you don't want it. You have to click on the Hand and Hammer button to use it, not the picture.

Agaselle

Wow I can see butterflies everywhere. W as it intentially that they got out of the house , they might fly away and leave the house forever....

UP ONLINE

I sell them what a waste of time lots have no clue What to do with them lol
The best ones are like the October event buildings Level it up, the last level pick 1 of the 3 U want

Pericles the Lion

The set pieces work without the Butterfly House. MooingCat shows several layouts that offer decent attack/defense boosts. Not the greatest but not bad. I have 11 selection kits and am waiting to age up to find space for them. I should get 60A/21D on 54 squares.

Sledgie

The set pieces work without the Butterfly House. MooingCat shows several layouts that offer decent attack/defense boosts. Not the greatest but not bad. I have 11 selection kits and am waiting to age up to find space for them. I should get 60A/21D on 54 squares.
Agree. I have 10 pieces and I will include them in my next city redesign. I sold the butterfly house and upgrades in the AD and kept the selection kits for the gardens.

cathea

Pardon , but the butterfly house is locked in inventory. How did you manage to sell it to AD? put it out and then take back into inventory?

cathea

duh, now I see how to do it, once you hit the lock and then remove the individual checkbox on the item.... did not see the checkboxs before... duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, hits my forhead. ty ty ty

FooDogDat

I finally set out my Butterfly Sanctuary and used 6 of the 10 Garden units I have, I was able to collect the 10 FPs several times for having 6 attached units, but today when I collected, I got Zero FPs from the Butterfly Sanctuary. Nothing has changed, nothing moved, roads connect things, stars show they have been aided.

What happened to the FPs I should have collected?