• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Butthurt by plundering & leveling someone else's GB

• Thread starter DeletedUser40176
  • Start date

DeletedUser40176

I'm really into battles and plundering because
A, I get points.
B, it's nice getting extra resources.
C, I'm good at it and think it's fun.

Of course a lot of people get bugged by being plundered, but it's part of the game so they need to suck it up. I've been plundered before, but instead of crying about it, I work on both my defending and attacking army so I can defend my city and attack/plunder back. Maybe other people should consider doing the same.

But that's not entirely what this discussion is about...

A player I've plundered has gotten so butthurt by it, he decided to level some of my GBs so I wouldn't be able to double dip. Take my Cape Canaveral for example. He decided to level it himself so I couldn't collect twice and get an extra 14 FP out of it. Ouch? Not really... because what he did was contribute 200 FP to it (meaning I gained 200 FP by losing only 14), because if he hadn't put them there, I would have. So his "revenge" did nothing but save me much more time and FP than I had planned to spend.

So I guess when triggered plunder victims do that, they're actually giving their attackers more than they're taking, and I'm just wondering what they think they're accomplishing by doing so LOL.
Anyone here who can relate from any side? I would love to hear the other side's perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I mostly ignore plunders anymore, mainly because I don't ever lose anything major in the grand scheme of things. One thing I do pretty much every time someone does plunder me, though, is check their GBs. If there is one very close to leveling, and it has either a goods or FP payout (or the Traz), I will usually level it. Never to the tune of 200 FP, though, that's just stupid. If I'm really annoyed for some reason, I'll also send a fake apology message to them, which usually gets a better reaction than the leveling itself simply because it's so obviously fake. In any case, whether I level something or not it's all water under the bridge after that. After all, if I really cared about what they plundered, I would have protected it better.

DeletedUser40176

I mostly ignore plunders anymore, mainly because I don't ever lose anything major in the grand scheme of things. One thing I do pretty much every time someone does plunder me, though, is check their GBs. If there is one very close to leveling, and it has either a goods or FP payout (or the Traz), I will usually level it. Never to the tune of 200 FP, though, that's just stupid. If I'm really annoyed for some reason, I'll also send a fake apology message to them, which usually gets a better reaction than the leveling itself simply because it's so obviously fake. In any case, whether I level something or not it's all water under the bridge after that. After all, if I really cared about what they plundered, I would have protected it better.

You know, most players I plunder either send me hateful messages or call me a name, but then there are a few who say "please stop plundering me" if they can't send me a friend request, and do you know what my response is? "Okay". When someone just asks nicely I grant them their wish because they took the time to ask me to stop in a friendly way. There's plenty of other people I can plunder, so laying off 1 or 2 from each neighborhood won't really hurt. I don't get why some folks have to be rude about it by calling someone ugly names when all they're doing is playing the game. And usually if someone levels my GB to mess with me, I do the same to them and then I make sure they get plundered daily lol. There was a time I'd get plundered daily too, but then I upped my defenses and made sure I had plenty of attack so now I rule most hoods I'm in. I don't get why it's so hard for others to do the same instead of being jerks about it. I mean, if you're AF and have less than 200% defense and/or use lower age units to defend your city then you're pretty much asking to get plundered.

Graviton

I've converted a few plunderers into friends over the years. It just happened again recently. I was plundered, so I hit him back and happened to get his TF. He sent a message saying, "Nice hit." We hit each other again the next day, and he sent me some crymail he got from another hoodie. We both had a laugh over it (I hit the same player and he sent me the same message). Then yesterday I get a message from him saying he'd accidentally aided me, essentially apologized for it, and asked me to attack him.

It was a lot of fun, attacking each other during the week. We both changed up our defense so it didn't get stale. We agreed we'd become friends after the hood change, so I need to look him up today. But that's an example of how plundering can be handled as just another fun, even communal, part of the game.

Super Catanian

When I plunder someone and they send hate-mail, I'll give them the option to become my friend. All they have to do is donate to my Great Buildings (none of them are close to leveling), and accept some trades (obviously in my favor). It only happened once to me, and it was when the person sending the hate mail said, and I quote, "can we have peace". It worked.

DeletedUser

And usually if someone levels my GB to mess with me, I do the same to them and then I make sure they get plundered daily lol.
As I also don't care about double dipping, I welcome any and all FP donations, so any plunderers that retaliate that way are wasting their time. And since I never leave anything I care about open to plunder, I don't care if they get coins or medals or supplies every single day. The thing is that I take this as a game, and so when someone thinks they're really getting to me one way or another I just laugh. These are imaginary cities that have no bearing on my real life, so I lose no sleep over any aspect of this game.
I mean, if you're AF and have less than 200% defense and/or use lower age units to defend your city then you're pretty much asking to get plundered.
I'm pretty sure my OF city has much less than 200% defense, as I deleted most of my defense a couple of ages ago. If I cared about whether anything in it got plundered, I'd build it back up. Obviously I don't.

DeletedUser40176

As I also don't care about double dipping, I welcome any and all FP donations, so any plunderers that retaliate that way are wasting their time. And since I never leave anything I care about open to plunder, I don't care if they get coins or medals or supplies every single day. The thing is that I take this as a game, and so when someone thinks they're really getting to me one way or another I just laugh. These are imaginary cities that have no bearing on my real life, so I lose no sleep over any aspect of this game.

I'm pretty sure my OF city has much less than 200% defense, as I deleted most of my defense a couple of ages ago. If I cared about whether anything in it got plundered, I'd build it back up. Obviously I don't.

Yeah that's another way to go. Some people just dont care cuz in the end it's just a game and we're losing fake resources lol. But I was talking about the people who get mad at you for plundering them and then call you names instead of just doing a better job at defending their cities

DeletedUser40191

I just started playing two months ago. My dad who has played before but since quit told me the fighting angle was the way to go. I plundered this one player who sent me the worst messages you can imagine. I took like 20 ebony from him and they freaked like, "what did I ever do to you!?" Except that it was much worse than that and he threatened me. I couldn't believe how this guy spazzed out over a game. Ya I don't like it when someone takes some of my stuff, but there isn't much I can do about it other than just keep collecting and limiting peoples chances to steal from me. I don't know why people get so upset over a game.

RazorbackPirate

When I got plundered the first time, it was early in the game, just after I unlocked PvP. I had yet to set up a defending army, I had yet to figure out how. I got hit and sent a message asking, "Hey, what did I ever do to you?" He sent me an answer that said,

Leave your back door wide open with stuff sitting out on your table, I'm gonna come in and take your stuff. At least put up a defense. So I did.

Each time I got plundered after that, I sent messages to the attacker asking questions about fighting, plundering or their city. Some asked for friend requests, some didn't, but I learned a lot from them.

DeletedUser40176

When I got plundered the first time, it was early in the game, just after I unlocked PvP. I had yet to set up a defending army, I had yet to figure out how. I got hit and sent a message asking, "Hey, what did I ever do to you?" He sent me an answer that said,

Leave your back door wide open with stuff sitting out on your table, I'm gonna come in and take your stuff. At least put up a defense. So I did.

Each time I got plundered after that, I sent messages to the attacker asking questions about fighting, plundering or their city. Some asked for friend requests, some didn't, but I learned a lot from them.

Yeah I was the same at first. Had no idea how to pick a defending army so I had 2 spearfighters up until LMA. I also had no idea you would get the stuff you plundered. Once I discovered it I started doing it constantly. My army wasn't that great tho. Once I hit PE I started working on it more and now it can beat most other armies. Could still use a little work since one single person from every other hood manages to beat it, but most of the time it works out great

Jern2017

When I plunder someone and they send hate-mail, I'll give them the option to become my friend. All they have to do is donate to my Great Buildings (none of them are close to leveling), and accept some trades (obviously in my favor). It only happened once to me, and it was when the person sending the hate mail said, and I quote, "can we have peace". It worked.

I generally don't accept friend requests from neighbors. But I most definitely will not accept one from someone who sends me hate/cry mail. They missed that opportunity with sending the mail and I make sure I plunder them whenever I can.

DeletedUser30312

Most of the people who break through the defense on my main are using a 7 rogues +1 strategy. What's for me to learn there? That rogues and a big attack bonus can smash nearly any defense? Yeah, I knew that already.

Recent attacks in my event log:

Jaims. 1 successful attack against me. Retaliation for me attacking the player, most likely.
Arvahall: 1 successful attack against me. Only 1? I get like a half dozen a week over there usually. But there's nothing in that city but WWs and GBs, so there's nothing to steal. I don't fight there either, so I don't care if they take tower points either. I still put up a real defense though.
Parkog:

attack.png

Well, it's usually pretty quiet over there, but this guy tried and failed to take me yesterday. I retaliated and got this:

defense.png

LOL another wannabe attacker with no defense. Plundered a Sleigh Builder...and got 80 supplies.

DeletedUser13838

What you can learn is that unit matchups are a big deal in later ages. I was attacked with a SAM champ + 7 rogues with a 317/228 boost (A/D of 1668/1968) and forced him to retreat from my 8 VF rocket troop with a 101/289 defense boost (A/D of 603/778). It's not worth the space to put up a massive defense because players with a good enough attack boost will plow through it anyway. But if you select the right DA you can still win. I'll lose more times than not, though simply as we both try to guess each other's tactics.

DreadfulCadillac

You know, most players I plunder either send me hateful messages or call me a name, but then there are a few who say "please stop plundering me" if they can't send me a friend request, and do you know what my response is? "Okay". When someone just asks nicely I grant them their wish because they took the time to ask me to stop in a friendly way. There's plenty of other people I can plunder, so laying off 1 or 2 from each neighborhood won't really hurt. I don't get why some folks have to be rude about it by calling someone ugly names when all they're doing is playing the game. And usually if someone levels my GB to mess with me, I do the same to them and then I make sure they get plundered daily lol. There was a time I'd get plundered daily too, but then I upped my defenses and made sure I had plenty of attack so now I rule most hoods I'm in. I don't get why it's so hard for others to do the same instead of being jerks about it. I mean, if you're AF and have less than 200% defense and/or use lower age units to defend your city then you're pretty much asking to get plundered.
same here.some of my best friends in the game have been made because they asked me nicley to stop plundering them and i stopped..and taught them a thing or 2 bout city defense while i was at it
i dont set city defnse anymore tho