Buttons that sell or move objects Glitch ? Automatically selecting stuff underneath in error

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Agent89Alpha, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Agent89Alpha

Agent89Alpha Member

Not sure how to describe this. I have been encountering a strange situation using the computer version of FOE. On the buttons that lets you move objects or sell objects. Example. Sometimes when I want to move something and I try to select the move button it will automatically select the building or item underneath the button instead of letting me move to the object I wanted. I will have to replace it in it's original position and then go to the one I actually wanted. Or like I will select the sell button if it's over a road it will automatically delete the road which was untended.

This happens at random

Has anyone else encountered this ?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    Aprold likes this.
  2. Dursland

Dursland Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

Sounds like could be some kind of overlap problem? Do you have your city focused in the middle of the screen when pressing the button?

Maybe try moving the screen so the move button overlaps with the wilderness instead of objects in your city?

Does that fix it?

Stephen Longshanks likes this.
  3. ODragon

ODragon Well-Known Member

This has been a problem for a while now. I get it when I hit aid (it will select the building underneath it), click story, selects something under it.

Its pretty frustrating when it but happens infrequently enough that you can't really pin point it.

4. purps99

purps99 Active Member

They added a feature that ghosts buildings so you can see behind them. This has caused a few problems with mousing over a building. If you MOVE a building by mistake click the red circle with a line through it (cancel move) and it will place it back to its original place. If you SELL a building always read the pop up window before confirming as selling the wrong building can mess you up. Regarding roads, there is no pop up and so you just need to waste resources to build a new one. This has happened many times to me.

5. pic2z

pic2z New Member

Try a new mouse - the clicker on the mouse will wear out. I had this problem not too long ago where clicking an item in my city would bring up a different building back behind it. Got a new mouse and everything was working good.

6. purps99

purps99 Active Member

I had this too, quick fix for that until the new mouse arrives is to switch the left/right clicks around and then you can use the more frequently used click that hasn't worn out. (mine wouldn't allow me to double click as it took 20 attempts at registering the click so not the same problem as OP has but worth a shot).

7. Praetorius

Praetorius Active Member

Not just the sell or move button, the plunder and build buttons do it too.

8. ODragon

ODragon Well-Known Member

Yup, plundering the building under the plunder button is really annoying.

9. Aprold

Aprold New Member

Yes, it has behaved like so for as long as I remember. At first I also suspected that my mouse was faulty but after trying to send mouse clicks with a keyboard macro it behaved the same so the broken buttons were ruled out. I suspect that although the clicks are handled by the intended button they are also passed through to the underlying component which catches the click event as well. I have learned to move the city away from under the buttons like Dursland suggested but it's not a fix but only a mitigation to an annoyance.

EDIT 12/16/2017: I tried to find a place on the overlay and on any of its controls where it works as it should and it seems the whole overlay is affected. No matter where you click, the first click seems to be handled but the following clicks are not and pass through to whatever is behind.

The clicks should not pass through the overlay, it has been an annoyance for too long already and would be nice to have fixed in the next update already. InnoGames, are you up to the challenge?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    Graviton likes this.
  10. Hvckus the Hvckster

Hvckus the Hvckster New Member

I've had this problem for a long time too. My suspicion is that sometimes my computer sends a double click and so with the first I select the Sell/Move tool and with the second (as I'm moving away) the mouse activates a building below. Either that or my CPU is busy or memory is quite full so the game is a bit slow and things react differently than usual.

The solution that I have adopted (and works) is to pause a half second after clicking on the Sell/Move tool. Doing this I have never had this problem of activating buildings below the tools.

11. Agent89Alpha

Agent89Alpha Member

Buildings give a confirmation button but roads do not. When the two lane roads get deleted they are expensive mistake.

12. Graviton

Graviton Active Member

Yes, this happens to me a lot. I notice it mainly when I'm trying to mopo using my Guild and Friends lists. My workaround is to move my view so that there's wilderness behind the bottom bar, so there's nothing behind it to click on. I have also inadvertently deleted items due to this. I had thought it was some kind of sensitivity setting for my mouse, but I couldn't find anything that helped. It's good to know I'm not the only one, but I'm not sure what's causing it.

13. Agent89Alpha

Agent89Alpha Member

This happen again ugg... So annoying. Why want they fix this ? I just sent in a trouble ticket. I lost two 2 lane roads when trying to move things around. I clicked on the sell button to remove another 1 lane road but it selected the object underneath and deleted it instead.

14. Agent89Alpha

Agent89Alpha Member

I don't understand why they do this crap. It's like with the instant finish tab pop ups with training troops. You can't shut them off and are annoying. They do things backwards it seems.