• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] CA troops in IA?

UBERhelp1

So, before I get to the actual question, you need to know about my city. I am currently in IA on Angkor, but I have the cMap explored into LMA. Is it possible to trigger the LMA bonus questline in IA and get the CA troops, or must I advance farther in age before doing so?

Thanks,
UBER.

DeletedUser31440

So, before I get to the actual question, you need to know about my city. I am currently in IA on Angkor, but I have the cMap explored into LMA. Is it possible to trigger the LMA bonus questline in IA and get the CA troops, or must I advance farther in age before doing so?

Thanks,
UBER.

I don't think it can be triggered until you are actually in LMA's. I've got HMA city that is on the Indy Map and hasn't triggered the LMA bonus questline yet.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I am in Iron Age in one of my cities, and have been camped long enough to be in the middle of the HMA campaign map right now. After I conquered Dunkelwald I got the LMA bonus quest line. You don't get CA troops from completing the quest line though, you get 2 LMA Armored Infantry troops. Come in handy for those few times someone actually dares to attack my city and runs up against them with their IA troops.

UBERhelp1

After I conquered Dunkelwald I got the LMA bonus quest line. You don't get CA troops from completing the quest line though, you get 2 LMA Armored Infantry troops. Come in handy for those few times someone actually dares to attack my city and runs up against them with their IA troops.
I believe you mean EMA troops, and yes, I have them. There is another questline that gives you CA troops later on.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Sorry, tired, yes EMA. Disregard everything I have said. Don't know why I would make a bonehead mistake like that (though if you were to ask my wife she could probably recite you a novel).

RazorbackPirate

The LMA bonus questline that gives you troops is triggered by the completion of the LMA storyline. It is launched when you collect the reward from the Story Quest, The Damsel.

DeletedUser32824

I believe you mean EMA troops, and yes, I have them. There is another questline that gives you CA troops later on.
In order to do this quest line you have to build a ton of stuff from LMA tech. The quests give you the options like: "Build one Academy or one (whatever a CA cultural building is)" That way you can fulfill the quest with LMA buildings while in LMA and getting CA rewards. In LMA I received 2 artillery, 2 range, and 5 heavy units. This gives me a full 8 CA defense with 1 heavy to use offensively. I haven't been plundered since acquiring my CA defense. (my city has 5% defense)