• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Camping out in the early ages

DeletedUser40191

Okay, so I am pretty new here, but I've learned a few of the nuances of the game. While I understand it may not be advantageous to advance through the ages as quickly as possible, I have to question those who play the whole game in one of the earlier ages. There are players in the Middle Ages with all of the advanced Great Buildings that require goods from eras far beyond their capability of crafting or even negotiating for.

In my opinion, this is like the child that never grows up. Either that or these people are stay-at-home players that don't pay rent and just spend their weekly allowance on diamonds.

If I am way off base here, please let me know, but I find it pointless and somewhat questionable for a player to sit in one era for what likely amounts to either years of continuous gameplay or thousands of dollars on pay to win.

What are your thoughts?

7PZG.gif

UBERhelp1

Okay, so I am pretty new here, but I've learned a few of the nuances of the game. While I understand it may not be advantageous to advance through the ages as quickly as possible, I have to question those who play the whole game in one of the earlier ages. There are players in the Middle Ages with all of the advanced Great Buildings that require goods from eras far beyond their capability of crafting or even negotiating for.

In my opinion, this is like the child that never grows up. Either that or these people are stay-at-home players that don't pay rent and just spend their weekly allowance on diamonds.

If I am way off base here, please let me know, but I find it pointless and somewhat questionable for a player to sit in one era for what likely amounts to either years of continuous gameplay or thousands of dollars on pay to win.

What are your thoughts?

7PZG.gif
The goods can be bought with FP. Also, it doesn't take that much work to get them. Plenty have made it without spending anything.

Graviton

Camping is just another way to enjoy the game. It becomes difficult to do after awhile, as you'll run out of tech and sectors you can take, so you'll end up missing out on Event quests and even daily quests. It's a trade-off that a lot of people are willing to make, for awhile anyway.

I'm not a camper but I'm a firm believer in building up your resources, including GBs, before you even think about advancing. Some people make the decision based on how far they can get through GE comfortably. Others like to save up enough goods, coins, and supplies to make it far into the next age's tech tree before they pull the trigger. Some wait until they're in the top 10 or so of their neighborhood.

Yet another great thing about FoE is that you can create more cities on other worlds and try out all of these strategies (and more!) to see what works best for you.

Super Catanian

I'm not a camper but I'm a firm believer in building up your resources, including GBs, before you even think about advancing.
Same here. I'm still sitting in the InA after several events, and I plan to wait until the end of the current event before moving on. During this time, I worked on my Great Buildings (I plan on building the RAH soon) while accumulating a vast amount of Goods. One has to be prepared, I always say.