• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] can i get troops above my age in HMA ?

Super Catanian

I'm pretty confident that yes.
While in the LMA, I was able to get 2 musketeers and 2 Grenadiers (CA) from the non-abortable quests.

I think that you can also get another grenadier, but I don't remember if I was already in the CA when that happened. But most definitely, the 4 troops mentioned above.

DeletedUser38090

You can't get GE (Guild Expedition) troops above your current age. However, you can get troops above your age from story quests pertaining to your progress on the continent map. In order to obtain the Grenadiers and Musketeers from the story quests, you'll have to age up to LMA, since there is one quest that requires you to build a Tower Ruin, which is an LMA decoration. You can't get colonial troops in HMA.

In response to the title, technically Bronze Age is when you can get units above your age, as completing the IA continent map rewards you with legionnaires, and getting into the bonus provinces should get you EMA heavy infantry, which is still entirely obtainable in BA, but the amount of camping required to achieve that would be inefficient.

DeletedUser29726

You can get 2 EMA heavies from the barbarian line in iron age. Other than that, yes LMA is the next age where you can troops an age up - some grenadiers, muskets, and field guns from the bonus line. In colonial you're able to get some a few progressive troops. In industrial you can make it all the way to a few PME troops