• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Can I quit a settlement without completing it? -- Answered.

DeletedUser34480

If so, how to do it?

(in case you were wondering, I'm full of that Feudal Japan)

Yes, you can. Talking from my experience of Vikings - you will see 3 icons at bottom left of your screen on PC. One of them is very similar to stop sign, clicking on that will let you abandon settlement.

DeletedUser34480

Thank you! I believe I've even seen it once -- but forgot where it's located.

Lannister the Rich

If you're on mobile, you have to click the arrow at the bottom left. An icon will appear called "abandon". You won't be able to start another of the same settlement for 24 hours (If playing japan, then you can start a Viking settlement right away and vice versa).

Note also, if you start the settlement again, the impediments will not change from before.

Lannister the Rich

Both the settlements will be locked for that 24 hour time period. You can start either of them once the timer gets to 0
From personal experience, recently, I’ve accidentally started a Japan settlement, abandoned it, then was able to immediately start a Viking one. Maybe it’s something they’ve changed?

I won't be sure about if they have changed it, but I tried that few mins back in my 2nd city, and it locked me out for 24 hours. So it could be a change, but currently it locks out everything.

From personal experience, recently, I’ve accidentally started a Japan settlement, abandoned it, then was able to immediately start a Viking one. Maybe it’s something they’ve changed?

DeletedUser

When Japan was first released I found it locked out both then. Possible it glitched
If you start a settlement (either one) and immediately abandon it without doing anything, you can then start another settlement (either one) right away. If you build enough to finish the first quest and then abandon it (either one) you will have to wait 24 hours to start another settlement (either one). I just tested this on two of my worlds.
Start settlement, immediately abandon without building anything: Start another of either culture right away.
Start settlement, build one building but not fulfill first quest, abandon it: Start another of either culture right away.
Start settlement, build enough buildings to fulfill first quest, collect first quest, abandon settlement: 24 hour wait to start another settlement of either culture.