• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Can we get more info on GbG changes

I'd recommend starting a beta city to figure this one out. I think there's a long way to go with the testing before they determine what changes, if any, come to the live servers.

Ebeondi Asi

As a beta player i can confirm that the only change is individual rewards from gbg.....
The strong guilds still own the maps....
On the bright side gbg only takes 10-15 minutes per day, then You are out of attrition until tomorrow...
Works the same for everyone....
Thank you good to know. Best comment I have seen so far on the change.

blueskydwg

LOL - MJ and I are in the same beta guild and we have slightly different opinions on the change being "tested".
I do agree that the maps are still controlled by the more active guilds, but my observation is that there is more opportunity on the beaches for the smaller guilds - if they want it. Right now our map is mostly controlled by three guilds with 19, 10, and 9 tiles. But there are three other guilds with 8, 5 and 4 tiles. Prior to the change, the other guilds would be fortunate to have more than one or two tiles besides their HQ.

And my experience has been that the number of my fights has tripled from before the change. I find that now, most time when I check the map, there are a couple of opportunities with 2 or 3 siege camps supporting for me to get my 100 to 150 fights per day. Prior to the change most of these opportunities would have long since been gone, taken by those in the guild who are more attuned to the timing of new tile openings. I would be left with zero or one SC support, and fortunate to get 30 or 50 fights. Now, towards the end of the day, those players have used up their attrition, leaving openings for others.

I do agree with MJ that the time spent is less - once you hit your max attrition, you're done for the day. No more endless hours hitting auto battle over and over and over again (like in my main city - really get bored with that.)

As an example - I just spent about 10 minutes in battlegrounds - got 112 fights and attrition of 41 - had 4 SC support. Reset isn't for another 20 hours, so I'm likely to get another 40 or so fights in tomorrow. Fun stuff. :)

Ebeondi Asi

In a regular World/Guild I had to use up 115 Attrition within a few hours of reset. That means all day nothing to do for GbG. there. It is an interesting change. When all three of my Worlds gets to be like that, I will be in Forge of Empires a lot less of the day. Whether that is intended or not it is what will happen to Foe players who are into the game.
(for player who are on once a day anyway, no matter LOL)

wolfhoundtoo

There is a lot of space between a heavy GBGer and someone who logs in once a day. I suspect that is why Inno is of (at least) two minds of this change (since they are testing it for what surely is longer than any other feature on Beta?) since they are wondering what's better for their bottom line: a few heavy players who spend presumably a fair bit of money or a bunch of light players who can log in and have some GBG action available and who spend less (time and money). Perhaps they are using beta as a long-term test of how the heavy players act since Beta likely brings in the more hard-core player.

Emberguard

There is a lot of space between a heavy GBGer and someone who logs in once a day. I suspect that is why Inno is of (at least) two minds of this change (since they are testing it for what surely is longer than any other feature on Beta?) since they are wondering what's better for their bottom line:
Quite possible. Might be something else, might be a combination of factors. But I wouldn’t be surprised if that were a contributing factor given I have seen players leave on the basis of it being too time consuming.

Pericles the Lion

There is a lot of space between a heavy GBGer and someone who logs in once a day. I suspect that is why Inno is of (at least) two minds of this change (since they are testing it for what surely is longer than any other feature on Beta?) since they are wondering what's better for their bottom line: a few heavy players who spend presumably a fair bit of money or a bunch of light players who can log in and have some GBG action available and who spend less (time and money). Perhaps they are using beta as a long-term test of how the heavy players act since Beta likely brings in the more hard-core player.
I could be wrong, but I don't think that the heavy player of GBG purchase many diamonds, they don't need to. GBG pays out a lot of diamonds. While some are used rushing siege camps there is likely a surplus for heavy players.

Just An Observer

I could be wrong, but I don't think that the heavy player of GBG purchase many diamonds, they don't need to. GBG pays out a lot of diamonds. While some are used rushing siege camps there is likely a surplus for heavy players.
I buy the $199 Diamond packages when they are a great deal and I am also a heavy duty GBG player. The purchased Diamonds get used for the seasonal events so I can pile up the buildings I want. As for the Diamonds collected from GE and GBG, they wind up used for camps that need dimed and doing Negs, which would be breakeven for most players but since I do map driving duties, my Diamond expenditure runs heavier than the regular player.