• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Can we group the hard core battle mongers into their own neighborhood and towers?

DeletedUser36032

It seems like every week, we have these major contenders in every tower, racking up thousands/millions of points, with only 1 or 2 challengers at the most securing the top spots, the rest of us seem to have our own challenge going for places 5 through 10 if we are lucky, spots 1 through 5 are almost always way way out of reach for most of us because of the lopsided hoods. I think they have us at a disadvantage, especially if we don't/can't invest much in diamonds. It makes more sense to me to group them all in their own neighborhoods so they can plunder and battle each other all they want and give themselves a better chance at a true competition. I suspect it is the same story over on the GVG side of the fence. If we are not equally matched, many of the FOE aspects of the game are rendered useless. :(

DeletedUser26965

It seems like every week, we have these major contenders in every tower, racking up thousands/millions of points, with only 1 or 2 challengers at the most securing the top spots, the rest of us seem to have our own challenge going for places 5 through 10 if we are lucky, spots 1 through 5 are almost always way way out of reach for most of us because of the lopsided hoods. I think they have us at a disadvantage, especially if we don't/can't invest much in diamonds. It makes more sense to me to group them all in their own neighborhoods so they can plunder and battle each other all they want and give themselves a better chance at a true competition. I suspect it is the same story over on the GVG side of the fence. If we are not equally matched, many of the FOE aspects of the game are rendered useless. :(
yep, mentioned many times, hoods can have some at the top who have been camping for years in that age matched up with players who just started playing, rather silly, and you can farm GvG for PvP tournaments, another goofy thing that's been brought up forever. While it may be similar in a way to GvG in that you can have top guilds who've been together for years dominating GvG you can overcome such a thing but in PvP you're in a mousewheel, you'll never catch up to the campers.

DeletedUser29726

- Points mean not much. It won't take long til you're able to compete in the towers - you just have to know what you're doing to make the fighting sustainable
- Towers mean not much. It's only a handful of medals. There's a good chance the top people in your hood aren't even trying to win them - it just happens because of what they like to do. i.e. on my camp world on H one week I got a message from someone congratulating me on my tower win and saying how he thought he had it sewed up after a battle with someone else all week and then i shot right by them both. I'd put off my GE til the last day - that was ALL my points. I hadn't fought any other battles. And i certainly didn't care about winning the iron age tower!
- GvG mechanics favor those who hold no land over those who hold lots of land. Yes longstanding guilds might have legions of fighters more than you - but if you manage to take something, it'll cost them a lot more to take it back than it cost you. And sometimes, the landholders just haven't been tested recently and they're not as strong as their ranking. Incidentally if you GvG a lot you will tend to start winning towers because that involves winning a lot of fights. In higher ages this is ALWAYS who wins the towers, those who fight in GvG the most - nothing to do with plundering at all which is only a small amount of fights daily.

DeletedUser

First, welcome to the Forum! Second, as many have pointed out every time this is brought up (which is often), the towers and their rewards of medals really don't mean much. You can get more medals in a week from a few Victory Towers than the tower tournaments, and at no cost in military. Also, points from GE and GvG as well as the Campaign Map go towards the tower point totals, so anyone that is involved in any or all of these on a weekly basis is going to have an advantage over anyone that only fights in their hood.

The thing I really object to in your post is the part about being equally matched. I object to it on two levels. One is the fact that there are many, many players who do very well at this game without spending any money at all. In fact, it is more often the case that the people at the top of any particular hood are the ones that either camp in an age for an extended period of time, or have taken their time moving up at a steady pace while developing their city along the way in order to be successful as they advance, or it is people who are members of a really good guild that knows how to support and assist their members. Usually it is some combination of the three. The other level is the fact that every player starts out with the same tools and has the same opportunities as they play. We all make choices with our playstyles, and part of enjoying this game is learning to live with the shortcomings of whatever playstyle we've chosen. If players could learn that one simple thing, posts here on the Forum complaining about various parts of the game would start to dwindle.

DeletedUser36032

"brentolomeus, post: 215220, member: 32328" They win because they play better. Instead of asking for an easy ride, improve your skills."
The "campers" are resting on their laurels. There is no way for a new player to do this. They do not necessarily play better, they just hang around in eras forever and dominate creating a stale game play for everyone. If a new player is just now receiving their last blue print for their Zeus whereas the camper has his 3 military boost buildings up to 30%, has an orangery, has a Kraken, has an Terracotta Army and has an Alcatraz, has about 50 or so ritual flames, 50 or so watchtowers, etc. and has a Monastery for crying out loud whereas the new player does not, how could that possibly be asking for an easy ride? lol. I stand by my original request, to even out the playing field and reinstate the full game features to well matched players.

DeletedUser36032

In the summer event , once you get your large ship , what value are ship upgrades \?
google FOE WIKI then at that website, search for events or summer event, but what is your opinion on this thread question?

DeletedUser36032

yep, mentioned many times, hoods can have some at the top who have been camping for years in that age matched up with players who just started playing, rather silly, and you can farm GvG for PvP tournaments, another goofy thing that's been brought up forever. While it may be similar in a way to GvG in that you can have top guilds who've been together for years dominating GvG you can overcome such a thing but in PvP you're in a mousewheel, you'll never catch up to the campers.
Sounds like they need to do the same thing to the GVG map.

DeletedUser36032

- Points mean not much. It won't take long til you're able to compete in the towers - you just have to know what you're doing to make the fighting sustainable
- Towers mean not much. It's only a handful of medals. There's a good chance the top people in your hood aren't even trying to win them - it just happens because of what they like to do. i.e. on my camp world on H one week I got a message from someone congratulating me on my tower win and saying how he thought he had it sewed up after a battle with someone else all week and then i shot right by them both. I'd put off my GE til the last day - that was ALL my points. I hadn't fought any other battles. And i certainly didn't care about winning the iron age tower!
- GvG mechanics favor those who hold no land over those who hold lots of land. Yes longstanding guilds might have legions of fighters more than you - but if you manage to take something, it'll cost them a lot more to take it back than it cost you. And sometimes, the landholders just haven't been tested recently and they're not as strong as their ranking. Incidentally if you GvG a lot you will tend to start winning towers because that involves winning a lot of fights. In higher ages this is ALWAYS who wins the towers, those who fight in GvG the most - nothing to do with plundering at all which is only a small amount of fights daily.
I don't necessarily care about the points, but the medals do mean much to me as they are equal to expansions which in turn relates to more land, more land available to have bigger armies etc and so on and so on.

DeletedUser36032

First, welcome to the Forum! Second, as many have pointed out every time this is brought up (which is often), the towers and their rewards of medals really don't mean much. You can get more medals in a week from a few Victory Towers than the tower tournaments, and at no cost in military. Also, points from GE and GvG as well as the Campaign Map go towards the tower point totals, so anyone that is involved in any or all of these on a weekly basis is going to have an advantage over anyone that only fights in their hood.

The thing I really object to in your post is the part about being equally matched. I object to it on two levels. One is the fact that there are many, many players who do very well at this game without spending any money at all. In fact, it is more often the case that the people at the top of any particular hood are the ones that either camp in an age for an extended period of time, or have taken their time moving up at a steady pace while developing their city along the way in order to be successful as they advance, or it is people who are members of a really good guild that knows how to support and assist their members. Usually it is some combination of the three. The other level is the fact that every player starts out with the same tools and has the same opportunities as they play. We all make choices with our playstyles, and part of enjoying this game is learning to live with the shortcomings of whatever playstyle we've chosen. If players could learn that one simple thing, posts here on the Forum complaining about various parts of the game would start to dwindle.
The diamond comment was presented as a suggested possibility, though I have heard other players stating they will plunder those with premium buildings more often than those that do not. also, your comment.... "Also, points from GE and GvG as well as the Campaign Map go towards the tower point totals, so anyone that is involved in any or all of these on a weekly basis is going to have an advantage over anyone that only fights in their hood." just substantiates my request for evening out the playing field even further. You cannot participate in GVG if you do not have an alcatraz, so the campers really should have their own arena and plunder each other. I would pay money to see that happen, lol.

DeletedUser29726

I don't necessarily care about the points, but the medals do mean much to me as they are equal to expansions which in turn relates to more land, more land available to have bigger armies etc and so on and so on.

It's not that medals in general are worthless, just the amount that comes from the pvp towers is :) You can get medals much faster via:
- quests
- donation to high era buildings and finishing in the top 5
- lump sums from events

another trap you should not fall for for medals
- buildings (unless you have them for another reason, or in the case of victory towers it's a 1x1 space you couldn't use anyways) - in general it will take forever for a medal producing building to make enough medals to have bought you a replacement for its spot - and the more medal expansions you get the longer that period is.

DeletedUser29726

The diamond comment was presented as a suggested possibility, though I have heard other players stating they will plunder those with premium buildings more often than those that do not. also, your comment.... "Also, points from GE and GvG as well as the Campaign Map go towards the tower point totals, so anyone that is involved in any or all of these on a weekly basis is going to have an advantage over anyone that only fights in their hood." just substantiates my request for evening out the playing field even further. You cannot participate in GVG if you do not have an alcatraz, so the campers really should have their own arena and plunder each other. I would pay money to see that happen, lol.

You can GvG without an alcatraz - it's not a prerequisite. And in early ages it's possible to do a hell of a lot of damage without one. I used to do hundreds of fights in iron age in a night by using mass soldier barracks to charge 6+ ballista defenses, and ballistas w/ a couple of rogues to go for zero-damage-taken victories over everything else. It's oh so pointless and boring, but you'd win the tower if you cared.

DeletedUser34800

Yeah, the medals from the towers are pathetic and worthless. Especially at low ages, though it's true for all ages.

Expansions cost hundreds of thousands of medals over all. You think a weekly pvp tower paying 200 a week matters? Not even remotely.

I'm just commenting on the medals. Have nothing to say about the rest of this post. Again, no, the medals from the PvP towers are meaningless. I don't even look at the towers, ever. It's a worthless feature. As said, donations to GBs are where you get your medals.

- KQ -

There are many ways to get medals. Most of them are better in the long run than PvP rewards. Get an Arc and get a Chateau Frontenac. An Arc gets you greater rewards in forge points, medals and blueprints. A Chateau Frontenac frees up space when you're doing recurring quests by giving you goods without taking up space with goods buildings. One in fourteen rewards is medals. The higher your Chateau, the greater the number of medals. I get 600 plus medals each time I hit them in recurring quests with a level 28 Chateau in Progressive Era. Level 4 of GE is another source of medals. I typically get more in GE than I get when I win a PvP tower for the week, but they pale in comparison to what I get from my Arc and Chateau.

It took me about eight months to get my Arc to 80. The medals I made while leveling my Arc vastly exceed what I would have made winning two or three towers weekly in PvP over the same period.

DeletedUser32328

"brentolomeus, post: 215220, member: 32328" They win because they play better. Instead of asking for an easy ride, improve your skills."
The "campers" are resting on their laurels. There is no way for a new player to do this. They do not necessarily play better, they just hang around in eras forever and dominate creating a stale game play for everyone. If a new player is just now receiving their last blue print for their Zeus whereas the camper has his 3 military boost buildings up to 30%, has an orangery, has a Kraken, has an Terracotta Army and has an Alcatraz, has about 50 or so ritual flames, 50 or so watchtowers, etc. and has a Monastery for crying out loud whereas the new player does not, how could that possibly be asking for an easy ride? lol. I stand by my original request, to even out the playing field and reinstate the full game features to well matched players.

Resting on their laurels? Hardly. More like making their city more productive.
Hood after hood, I see players with cities full of outdated buildings, unboosted goods buildings, residentials that are (in theory) high on coin production and low on population, incomplete sets and empty spaces. Those players usually joined one of those crap guilds which are a dime a dozen. Or worse they created another one nobody really needed. People want to play like this? Fine, but they shouldn't be surprised that the lack of productivity puts them at a disadvantage. Because that is actually the problem: a complete lack of space efficiency in the majority of cities. Not those that have actually developed a strategy, set themselves some goals and then diligently worked towards them.

The new player just receiving his last Zeus BP? What are we talking about here? Iron Age? And this top player has obtained and then crammed in all of the things you listed? Well done! Took a lot of patience getting those victory expansions and/or higher-era goods to get ahead on the campaign map for the necessary expansions.

These days, we are getting a steady stream of events. There are the DCs and GE every week. Those give plenty of special buildings and resources. The forum and unofficial fan wiki are full of information on all kinds of aspects of the game. There are plenty of well-organized, high-level guilds that will take new players on board. All the tools are there to be competitive.

I could agree with a more positive proposal where the top-scoring players would be put together once in a while for a play-off tournament. But of course the rewards should then be upgraded accordingly. For example: same values, but goods instead of medals. And then a tournament of the winners of the winners for FPs. But you just want to get rid of the competition. And yes, that is asking for an easy route.

Also, it would be appreciated if you would hit 'Reply' instead of just copy-pasting my post. Then I know I am being quoted.

DeletedUser27889

Sooooo sick of hearing this. I've bought diamonds ever summer event, you know how much help that's given me in GvG, none, 0, nada. Not every time you lose something to someone else is because they paid to beat you. Far too many people with zero evidence want to continually say their failings are not due to them not being as good but an outside factor. It's a game, if you have to make excuses up as to why it's unfair that someone is beating you how much fun can it be for you?

Campers have an advantage, camping requires no money. If you want to do better in the towers you can also camp. Depending on your era there are multiple towers you can compete towards. Just because your current tower may be overwhelmed with GvG players doesn't mean the others are.

I'm ME here's a look at my current towers
Bronze- No one
Iron- No one
EMA- No one
HMA- No one
LMA- No one
CA- No one
Indy- No one
PE- 3 Fights in #1

In my second world I'm PE, towers in that hood:
Bronze- No one
Iron- No one
EMA- No one
HMA- No one
LMA- 12 in first all other spots clear
CA-No one
Indy-21

Some of these will get their first places taken if someone from the hood does a prior ages GvG. However anytime I have been on them spots 2-10 are completely empty. All you need to do is 1 fight using another eras troops and rack up medals. See someone setting siege in a landing zone of a map you own no land in? Do a single fight against their siege army. Hit a hoodie with a 2 spear fighter defense, use 2-3 era behind troops for the first battle of GE. All of these are things you're not doing to get on the towers and it's not just that you haven't spent money. People don't pay for a spot on the towers they earn a spot on them. Earn yours.

Also there are better ways to get medals than towers as stated by others. Most of the people getting the medals for the towers probably don't care about the medals, they are playing GvG or fighting in GE and aren't going to stop playing their games to let you be number 1.

DeletedUser34480

Yeah, the medals from the towers are pathetic and worthless. Especially at low ages, though it's true for all ages.

Expansions cost hundreds of thousands of medals over all. You think a weekly pvp tower paying 200 a week matters? Not even remotely.

I'm just commenting on the medals. Have nothing to say about the rest of this post. Again, no, the medals from the PvP towers are meaningless. I don't even look at the towers, ever. It's a worthless feature. As said, donations to GBs are where you get your medals.

I disagree. Tower medals do matter.
And, low ages, actually, where it hurts more.

DeletedUser34480

Well, I think, it's the whole thing is about this game letting people to camp -- and have stuff from Era they haven't reached yet.
It is probably not simple to divide those groups of players. What's more, I'd speculate that management perception is that major part of money comes into the game from the top-standing players. As such, a little inclination for a change.