• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Can we group the hard core battle mongers into their own neighborhood and towers?

DeletedUser34800

Oh my god, who the hell cares?

It's the PvP towers. They give the lamest, least amount of medals I have seen. There is NO COMPETITION. None. You get points just for using that eras troops, in battles you were already going to do (GE or GvG) that the small amount of points you get from actually playing the PvP doesn't matter.

Nothing is going to change. The devs don't care about the towers, at all. Because they're worthless, and almost everyone realizes it. There are far better things for the devs to devote time to than the PvP towers.

Whatever though. Keep yelling about the long forgotten and not cared about PvP towers.

DeletedUser31882

I was listening to the radio last night and my ears perked up when the authors of a book titled, "The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas are Setting Up a Generation for Failure," were guests on a talk show. The subject was how making everything "fair" and "safe" "...interferes with young people’s social, emotional, and intellectual development. It makes it harder for them to become autonomous adults who are able to navigate the bumpy road of life." (https://www.amazon.com/Coddling-American-Mind-Intentions-Generation/dp/0735224897)

A recent female college graduate called in and began railing at the authors about "They don't realize there really IS (name your favorite "-ism" I think this person covered them all)" and said there should be a "level playing field." One author said the only place where a level playing field was needed was a soccer field; trying to make everything "level," or "fair" was becoming a huge problem, especially for children-college graduates.

Made me think of this thread.

The sad part is, a level playing field is determined by the refs. So, if we want to be fair, we'd need to point out how people are defining the words 'fair' and 'safe'. Are they the authors 'refs' of determining the 'fouls' of this Generations soccer game? Are they the true arbiters of 'truth'?

Or just another subjective viewpoint.

We can laugh at the '-isms', but history shows us how 'unfair' certain Generations were to different demographics. If our response to people desiring 'fairness' is disdain, derision or dismissive, then I'm sure we can rationalize why we are not the '-ist' that people accuse us of being.

Perspective: U.S. Women's Suffrage is less than 100 years old.
U.S. Segregation was 'legally outlawed' less than 60 years ago.
U.S. Supreme court struck down all State Bans on gay marriage a little over 3 years ago.

If we are going to be 'fair' then we should be specific in what 'soccer field' we are playing in. Broad generalizations like "What doesn’t kill you makes you weaker; always trust your feelings; and life is a battle between good people and evil people" should be considered hyperbole unless you find groups who explicitly state those 'three Great Untruths' as 'truths'. Remain vigilant for the people and narratives telling you what 'those strawmen over there' believe. You may be surprised when you try to understand the ideology, rather than soundbites from the misguided or extreme.

Especially when we consider the political climate in conjunction with the third 'Great Untruth'.

I think it is important to see the ease of using cheap ideological cudgels. Be it for easy points in your echo chamber or to deface an ideology you are biased against.

That being said...

This is a game. A free-to-play, mobile market dominated game.
I'm pretty sure 'entitlement' sums up a lot of complaints without having to resort to cultural warfare.
I think that's the real Great Truth to all this. Entitlement leads to people demanding something.

Personally, I find it unfair that people would demand to take away pillaging.
I think it is equally unfair to be upset that others are upset over pillaging. Pillaging is upsetting, thus complaining is natural.
Let's get back to helping players understand how the current game balance is 'fair'. Even with the 'unfairness' of a 3 year Vet player being able to pillage a newbie tech-rusher.

Let's help the misguided SJWs who can will listen to reason by explaining how historically accurate the game is when we have one city grossly overpowering another. Once the conversation becomes unreasonable, maybe we should stop harvesting likes and begin ignoring the trolls instead of feeding or joining them on their level.

We all have four choices when we see the negative consequences of our game choices.
A) Get upset. Whine about it.
D) Quit the game.
those remarks are inappropriate and have been reported as offensive. you are over thinking this and it is not up to you to decide who should quit the game.

Should I report you for being grossly offended over another person's opinion who has no power over what choices you make?

How was their remark inappropriate? Can you explain in detail, similar to my soapbox above? In a way that may convince someone rather than dictate to them?

The problem is, you guys pretend there is no problem. Imo, that was pissed off that girl. I, myself, find the issue in topic to be valid -- I just don't complain, the game is screwed, no one is going to change any fundamentals.

Eh, I think it's a bit more complicated. Some players believe the fundamentals are fine. Others, like you and I, think they can be improved. Some will argue the fundamentals are immutable, others argue there can be a way to 'balance' the field.

We're not pretending. There is no problem...with the game. So guess where the problem is?

Once City defenders have the ability to have their defense AI use C-map alternative rogue targeting scripts, I'll agree with this statement.

Until then, yes, we are pretending or delusional if we are saying this game is perfectly balanced with no problems.

Whatever though. Keep yelling about the long forgotten and not cared about PvP towers.

I care. When I remember they exist. Which usually happens when someone yells about it.

So maybe that is the real issue, us getting upset when we are reminded how not cared about PvP towers are.

I mean, if we really didn't care... How did we get 7 pages on this topic? That's a whole lot of caring and yelling...

As an anecdote: I know players who compete with other players in their hood for top spots on the PvP tower. Not for the medals, but for the satisfaction of sticking it to that 'other' player who wanted to win.

I used to enjoy sweeping my towers by strategically using different era troops as I did GE. If competition in the PvP towers appeared, I'd use my pillage data to 'win'. Why? Because I had way to much time on my hands and I asked myself 'Why not win so I can see my beautiful avatar as the Champion when I scroll through all the towers?".

On a plus side, time restraints keep me from asking myself that question the past few months. Which begs another question...

Why do we have so much time to complain about complainers complaining? Now you know why I enjoy complaining about the complaints about complainers complaining. Because the complainers complaining about complainers complaining don't see how similar they are to each other.

It really is a pity more people don't actually sit around a camp fire and sing together. Or share scary stories. You know, kind of like what a forum is supposed to be about. Building a community.

DeletedUser

Until then, yes, we are pretending or delusional if we are saying this game is perfectly balanced with no problems.
My view on this particular aspect of the game is that while not perfectly balanced, that imbalance is not a problem. Everyone knows it's imbalanced. The ways of successfully dealing with the imbalance are shared here every time there is a thread about it. Even the players complaining about it can see some of the solutions available to them, because they specify how others are able to "take advantage" of them. It would only be a problem if the ways of dealing with it were a mystery known only to a select few.

debuffed

As someone who participates as best I can in all aspects of the game (IE trading, GE, GvG, PvP towers, events, etc), I am a firm believer in rewards vs effort. You do not put in the effort, why should you get get any rewards.

You want to penalize someone like me, who spends the time every day attacking people, because I often lead the PvP towers in my neighborhood each week.
You want to penalize someone like me, because my guild helped me get GBs outside my era.
You want to penalize someone like me, because I am choosing to sit back in my era....advancing my GBs in levels rather than tech and moving to the next era.

What it really sounds like is that you want to penalize players who do not play the same way you do. There is no in game rule that says you must move through the eras as fast as possible. There is no in game rule that says your guild cannot help you obtain GBs outside your era.

Editted:

BTW, I have only bought about 20k diamonds in my entire time in game. I do what I can without spending money in game. I get things slower than others, but I get them.

DeletedUser

"brentolomeus, post: 215220, member: 32328" They win because they play better. Instead of asking for an easy ride, improve your skills."
The "campers" are resting on their laurels. There is no way for a new player to do this. They do not necessarily play better, they just hang around in eras forever and dominate creating a stale game play for everyone. If a new player is just now receiving their last blue print for their Zeus whereas the camper has his 3 military boost buildings up to 30%, has an orangery, has a Kraken, has an Terracotta Army and has an Alcatraz, has about 50 or so ritual flames, 50 or so watchtowers, etc. and has a Monastery for crying out loud whereas the new player does not, how could that possibly be asking for an easy ride? lol. I stand by my original request, to even out the playing field and reinstate the full game features to well matched players.
Princess, if somebody will deploy all you said the map won't have enough space.
the truth is that the race to do the research as fast as you can is a mistake
More, you have to be aware that there are 3 building to boost defense while there are 4 building to boost attack, so attackers will always have a better chance
Deploying ritual flames doesn't add to the defenders attack so - it's not really helpful
The best way out is to collect on time and never leave anything to plunder

DeletedUser15539

There are multiple ways that FOE is like most other things in life:

1. The more effort you put into it, the more you will get out of it.
2. Competition will make you sharpen your skills.
3. Nothing is ever perfectly fair.

The best advice I can offer is to figure out what actions you can take to better your position as things stand right now, instead of spinning your wheels fantasizing over some make believe conditions that will never exist.