• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Can we please merge a few world? Answer me Inno!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years ago when they closed the Korean Servers only a handful of players opted to have their cities moved to the US servers. It cause major headaches and issues and bugs on the back end. I could not imagine the problems is 1000's of cities moved. It will never happen, sooner they wipe all servers and start over.

JoyfulRider

Wow. Excellent thought. Do not see any problem on merging with my approach leaving a small headache to all players who opt for merging.

Use-case: (referring two worlds as cities 'A' and 'C')
'A' is my big city and 'C' is smaller city which needs to merge with 'A'.

Problems and Solutions:
1) Multiple cities merging conflicts:
Solution:
-Wipe out all the 'C' city buildings and add in the inventory of 'A'.
-Some buildings cannot be added to inventory (goods, army building,roads etc), so those will be deleted automatically (painful) without any gain on coins/supplies.

2) Guild members and neighbor share of FPS:
Solution:
When GB gets deleted what happens same rule follows here.
Merging player cannot get benefit of city 'C' great buildings and City 'A' do not collect those prints from City 'C' automatically (Merging player: feeling sad).

3) Age and Era conflicts of special events Building, Units and Goods:
Solution:
There are three possibilities only,

a) City 'A' is higher and City 'C' is lower age.
Able to add the events buildings, goods and units from city 'C' to city 'A' with assumption of point 1) taken place with given use-case.

b) City 'A' is lower and City 'C' is higher age.
Very weird scenario but can happen and by following the assumption of point 1), BUGs of city 'C' can be visible to the merging player in city 'A', but other than goods, buildings and units can be used only when reaching that age since merging player current location city 'A' takes precedence even-though it is lower. (merging player: shocked)

c) City 'A' and City 'C' is same age.
- No changes. everything fits properly after merging.

4) FPS, Coins, Medals, Supplies and Diamonds:
Solution: When merging, in which city has more value that will be overwritten.
So,
If city 'A' has 5000 diamonds and city 'C' has 450 diamonds, merging player can have only 5000 diamonds, cannot have 5450 diamonds after merging.
same applicable for coins, fps etc.
If city 'A' has 300 diamonds and city 'C' has 4000 diamonds, merging player can have 4000 diamonds only. (merging player: hurray, finally one decent benefit)

5) Stats, Friends-Tavern, Cultural Settlements:
Solution:
Ranking, Achievements and other forms of records from city 'C' will be wiped out. Only, City 'A' current progress will be considered. Hence, City 'C' will be suspended forever after merging. Cannot create or seen again that player.

What if Inno does the merging without players choice?
every players information is lost or overwritten on the merging world city.

Is it possible for Inno to do it?
Still Inno can do it when there are no active players in a world more than a month, but why. Is there any profit in doing it other than getting trouble.

Today had some free time, hence simply attempted to give long answer. sorry to make you all read and getting tired of my comments.

Ember Umber

Wow. Excellent thought. Do not see any problem on merging with my approach leaving a small headache to all players who opt for merging.

4) FPS, Coins, Medals, Supplies and Diamonds:
Solution: When merging, in which city has more value that will be overwritten.
So,
If city 'A' has 5000 diamonds and city 'C' has 450 diamonds, merging player can have only 5000 diamonds, cannot have 5450 diamonds after merging.
same applicable for coins, fps etc.
If city 'A' has 300 diamonds and city 'C' has 4000 diamonds, merging player can have 4000 diamonds only. (merging player: hurray, finally one decent benefit)
diamonds are not world specific, they belong to your account. you can buy in one world and your diamond balance increases. spend in a different world and your diamond balance between all worlds decreases.
If you have 500 diamonds in A World, you have the same 500 diamonds in B World, C World, etc. You spend 50 diamonds in T world, your balance is now 450 in V World, S world, and every other world on the server.
so there's a lot of problems with your approach if you know how the game works

JoyfulRider

diamonds are not world specific, they belong to your account. you can buy in one world and your diamond balance increases. spend in a different world and your diamond balance between all worlds decreases.
If you have 500 diamonds in A World, you have the same 500 diamonds in B World, C World, etc. You spend 50 diamonds in T world, your balance is now 450 in V World, S world, and every other world on the server.
so there's a lot of problems with your approach if you know how the game works
No problem. Because, no need to change anything on the diamonds since the condition is always take the higher diamonds whether in same server or different servers. Like A >= C with comparing diamonds, if condition fails, C diamonds will be placed if not A diamonds will be placed. Same condition can be applied for FPS, medals etc.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

No problem. Because, no need to change anything on the diamonds since the condition is always take the higher diamonds and if the world's on same server no need to check the condition. But if it is on different servers, then can do condition check to place the higher diamonds by giving premium worth to a merging city. Like A >= C with comparing diamonds, if condition fails, C diamonds will be placed if not A diamonds will be placed.
You're missing his point. You do not have different Diamond totals on different worlds/servers unless you have more than one account (different username). All worlds/cities that you have on one account (same username) have access to all the Diamonds on that account at any given time. You can't spend the same Diamond on two different worlds, but any Diamond you have can be spent on any world on your account.

Example:
You have 3 cities on A, B, and C worlds.
You have 1000 Diamonds in your account, so that is what will show on all three worlds.
If you earn/win 100 Diamonds on A world, your total on all three worlds will now show 1010 Diamonds.
If you then spend 50 Diamonds on C world, your total on all three worlds will now show 960 Diamonds.
Got it?

JoyfulRider

You're missing his point. You do not have different Diamond totals on different worlds/servers unless you have more than one account (different username). All worlds/cities that you have on one account (same username) have access to all the Diamonds on that account at any given time. You can't spend the same Diamond on two different worlds, but any Diamond you have can be spent on any world on your account.

Example:
You have 3 cities on A, B, and C worlds.
You have 1000 Diamonds in your account, so that is what will show on all three worlds.
If you earn/win 100 Diamonds on A world, your total on all three worlds will now show 1010 Diamonds.
If you then spend 50 Diamonds on C world, your total on all three worlds will now show 960 Diamonds.
Got it?
Agree. Not denying except the different server diamonds part. Same user with different server diamonds are not same. And merging means somehow something gets lost, so for three different worlds, users cannot merge three world together at same time. Merge should be performed like one-to-one. World A, B , C getting merged means, it should be like, B to C then C to A. It won't be possible to do like merge B and C together merged with A.
Yes. Myself saying even after merging it shows 960 diamonds which is a complete override. Player cannot get 960x2 =1920 diamonds after merging.

Now a special case where world A has only 50 diamonds in one server 'X' which is same for every world of that user in that server. Now same user from different server 'Y' picks one world and trying to merge with server 'X'. But in Y server diamonds in the worlds are same like 3000 diamonds. So merging makes the Server 'X' world A diamonds to 3000 with the condition given which is increasing the diamonds in every world of server 'X'. And server 'Y' worlds of that user excluding merging world holds there diamonds as 3000 because it only happens on the final merging location of server 'X' worlds, this happen due to sharing of diamonds with every world in server 'X'. So everytime merge happens, diamonds of that servers world's will get affected (which is only gets increased) with the condition provided.

Graviton

So you're not talking about merging two cities from the same account, you're talking about merging two different accounts? I don't see that ever happening.

JoyfulRider

So you're not talking about merging two cities from the same account, you're talking about merging two different accounts? I don't see that ever happening.
No. Same account only myself mentioned. Two different account didn't get option for merge itself.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

There is no point to merge worlds. Inno directs new players and new world selection to low active pop servers. It's why I just got 3 new players in my 8 year old guild on US3. I'm willing to bet if you check the player stats, you will find parity across all worlds.

Johnny B. Goode

No. Same account only myself mentioned. Two different account didn't get option for merge itself.
If it's the same account, then the number of Diamonds will ALWAYS be the same. You will NEVER have cities on two worlds on the same account with two different amounts of Diamonds.

Rabid1

Eh, I didn;t take into account people having multiple cities. I don't find that idea attractive so I did not consider it. That would create too many problems to fix. I suppose making the market worldwide and getting rid of impediments to trading would fit my needs. Opening the market to everyone would have no dissenters and would greatly improve the game experience as you always see people complaining that no one is taking their trades.

Ebeondi Asi

I figured the problem was something else and the OP finally tells what the real problem is. Lack of trading for himself. LOL (I told you guys)
I suggest dumping your never trading friends and find some new ones. Find a Guild with Active members. best one with more than five people. ((sacasm there)) and find out what size trades they are really doing. The wrong size trade will not be taken either.. Few will take a trade that is to small or too large.
I never have had trouble trading. And have traded millions of Goods in Foe.

Emberguard

Opening the market to everyone would have no dissenters and would greatly improve the game experience as you always see people complaining that no one is taking their trades.
If that did happen I think it’d also need a overhaul of the market system in general. Simply because under the current system you already have players that flood the market. It would be nice to have global trading, just think the current setup would need streamlining to make sure you can find what’s needed if it ever became for the whole world

I think it would really improve gameplay for the majority of people. I am on Mt.Killmore. Can anyone tell me the active population of the worlds? I am curious. I wish there were more players to interact with. It would make things exciting if I knew my world was getting a large influx of players.
[/QUOT
I am on Mt. Killmore. My guild and my friends list are plenty to interact with. Plus when we do GBG we set up a thread with neighboring guilds and work together. We chat the whole time through GBG. Maybe you need a more active guild or friends.

The Lady Redneck

I wish there was a way to simply block out traders you did not want to see. Like those who flood the market with pages of trades. I do not even look at what it is they are trading any longer. And It takes to many click and wastes to much time to get past them.

BpTexas

I think it would really improve gameplay for the majority of people. I am on Mt.Killmore. Can anyone tell me the active population of the worlds? I am curious. I wish there were more players to interact with. It would make things exciting if I knew my world was getting a large influx of players.
There are too many worlds for sure. It might be a logistical nightmare to merge worlds, but it would help the game, especially in placement in some game activities such as GbG. Of note, is the the more balanced placement in GE, uses guilds from multiple worlds, and has a more fair placement than GbG, which only places guilds from 1 world.

BpTexas

I am sorry, but perhaps you haven't been playing long? Or perhaps you have a low ARC. This is standard practice by anyone in the know. You can't possibly fill everyone's 1.9 without this method. I hope you take away some knowledge from this after you manage to get yourself up off the floor.
Yes. Any experienced player keeps their friends list below 80, to allow for invites for various reasons.

yee yee boy

It would be cheating basically to merge worlds if bye merge you mean putting together then u could work on all worlds just to make them all one city and hoge players would turn into monster huge players just sounds like a all out bad idea

Status
Not open for further replies.