• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Issue Cancel button doesn't work in Reconstruction mode!

DreadfulCadillac1

• Browser and Version: Google Chrome, latest version I believe.
  • Overview of the bug: While using reconstruction mode, if you take a building out of the reconstruction menu, and then try to cancel their placement using the cancel button, it does not work. There is no way to cancel placement of the building besides putting it down, or reloading the game. You can also not swap the building you are meaning to place with another building you want to place instead in the reconstruction menu. While something is in your hand you can obviously not press the move button to move a different building with out placing down the building, and there is no way to cancel the placement of the building in any way besides placing it or re-loading it.
  • The Cancel button does still work to cancel moving a building, just not to cancel a building you are taking out of the menu.
  • Screenshots: Show us any screenshots that you have of the bug, or any other visual aids. These are often invaluable.
https://prnt.sc/1593mgl (Screenshot of what I mean by building in cursor)
https://share.vidyard.com/watch/Vda7Kj1CC2qQNmLYsY3F2P? (Video/Screen Recording of it happening)
  • How often this occurs: First time, I am in EST and it is 6:33 AM.
  • Urgency: It is very game-changing, It is incredibly difficult to reconstruct my city now, something that needs to be done with quite frequency.
  • Preventative Actions: Haven't tried anything.
  • Summary: Give us a brief summary of the bug.
  • I have performed a quick search of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes
  • Have you tried fixing it by using the methods described?
  • I have tried using firefox, using both hard refresh and soft refresh, reloading computer, disabling (scripts, extensions, etc.), using a different IP, clearing cache, using a different computer, and restarting my computer. All the fun steps.
Sometimes when you are redesigning city you need to cancel building placement as you have no free tiles to place, and reloading EVERY SINGLE TIME is not an optimal solution. Please fix this ASAP.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

I have picked up a building in reconstruction only to have to quit that mode to 'drop' the building. Sometimes tere was an object in the way to placement, sometimes it just will not fit (my fault) Never the less noting can be done except switch out of Reconstruction and go back in, to let go of the building selected. I have needed to do that a lot of times .. Personally it is no big deal. just a small flaw in a great game.

DreadfulCadillac1

I have picked up a building in reconstruction only to have to quit that mode to 'drop' the building. Sometimes tere was an object in the way to placement, sometimes it just will not fit (my fault) Never the less noting can be done except switch out of Reconstruction and go back in, to let go of the building selected. I have needed to do that a lot of times .. Personally it is no big deal. just a small flaw in a great game.
For me, going back to city doesn't even work unless you place the building.

WANDERERthe

Sometimes when you are redesigning city you need to cancel building placement as you have no free tiles to place, and reloading EVERY SINGLE TIME is not an optimal solution. Please fix this ASAP.
[/QUOTE]
i never try using that button
Just use the 3 icons And BACK TO CITY
It's all there and works just fine
Change your mind hit the
Revert all changes

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

I find a new problem with it in (On PC version) I pick up a building. nope does not fit and now the only way to leave is click delets the current setup.then even going back the building I was working on cannot be moved Period. Until I quit the program (FOE) and return. this is just getting worse. .. it used to work perfectly, now it is a mess.

Andelhex

Think we have to buy more diamonds, this is not getting fixed. Not even marked as a new issue ....
The OP even gives video material to show what the problem is.
Chrome version: 91.0.4472.114

67Sage101

This is broken for certain. I just tried it with one GB. I moved it and went to replace it, then hit the red cancel and it dropped me out of the reconstruction menu but I still had the cursor to place the building down as I was returned to a city without the GB. The when I put the GB back into place, the whole Chrome interface stopped working. Had to reload the game.

Nashtah

Same problem yesterday when I redid my city using reconstruction mode, was unable to cancel or change building by selecting a build by clicking on it.
I use Safari

DreadfulCadillac1

Reconstruction mode works properly again! This was not talked about in the update report, but it is working for me so... Idk about if it's working properly for you guys?