• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Can't get recurring quests: side quests progress to next era

MOAGLEE

I'm trying to camp in HMA but after skipping/completing HMA side quests I'm just getting LMA side quests instead of getting recurring quests.

How many ages of SQs do I need to skip before I get recurring quests?

Ebeondi Asi

You cannot stay in HMA and get recurring Quests now. The Quest are connected to the Continental Map. I am cerrtain you worked the Contintal Map in advance of HMA. That is the downside of Going ahead on the Continental Map.Too bad no one warns anyone about this
Next Era you move up. do not complete the main quest once you get the recurring Quests for LMA. or you will be in the same boat.
Or, do not do the Contintnal Map in advance of your current Era until you want to move ahead in Era

MOAGLEE

Wait hold on, I skipped the LMA side quests and I'm getting the recurring HMA quests now. I guess it's fine cause I only acquired two provinces in LMA.

Ebeondi Asi

Lucky. don't complete any more of the main Quests if you really want to stay in HMA and keep your recurring HMA quests
THis is a complicated problem that no one has really discussed.
All I can do is suggest not continuing the main Quest. If you do risk doing more main quests (and bump into the LMA quests Whch In LMA main Quests it is possible do some, but soon will hit one you have to be in LMA to complete) you will ruin your side quests.

HallowedYama

Just do not, under any circumstances, touch Las Penas on the Indy continent map. That would actually steal your only recurring quest slot in HMA.
Im also camping in HMA and planning to go to CA. But I acquired all the sectors till the 2nd one in the modern era. Does it mean that I won't get recurring quests?

PS: Eminem is not garbage

xivarmy

Im camping in HMA as well, and im planning to go to CA. BUT i acquired all the sectors till the 2nd one in the modern era. does it mean that i wont get recurring quests?
You get a 2nd side/recurring quest slot in LMA - you will be able to have 1 RQ slot when you finish the LMA bonus line.

The Industrial bonus line (triggered by conquering both Las Penas and Garrincton on the industrial map - you have to take garrincton to move to PE map, so Las Penas needs to be skipped if you don't want to trigger it yet) cannot be finished until you advance to industrial age (requires you to research the industrial road tech). When you can get that done you can have 2 RQ slots.

xivarmy

But what if I already took it? I'll only have one slot, or what?
That's correct - for the moment you should have no slots having taken it (unless something's changed - you should have a story quest and a bonus quest atm if you've already taken it and garrincton) - until you get the one in LMA. You can't get back the slot you lose until industrial.

Perhaps something did change.

I have been sitting in Postmodern Era for months, trying to max out my GB's and cycling through same two sets of recurring quests. I was aware that speeding through Tomorrow map would bite me, so was acquiring sectors only when some quest called for it. Well, today I completed the sixth province (Rio Roxo), with five(?) more provinces to go, and suddenly received "Gadgeteer" quest, which requires Tomorrow Era buildings.

Sharmon the Impaler

Nobody knows why would I receive a Side Quest from two ages ahead?
You went too far on the map and you triggered a tech lock which forces you to move up an era if you want your RQs back. Look up "wiki story quests Forge of Empires" in google and it will take you to a page with all era quests in order and by era and the tech lock quests to avoid as well.

xivarmy

Perhaps something did change.

I have been sitting in Postmodern Era for months, trying to max out my GB's and cycling through same two sets of recurring quests. I was aware that speeding through Tomorrow map would bite me, so was acquiring sectors only when some quest called for it. Well, today I completed the sixth province (Rio Roxo), with five(?) more provinces to go, and suddenly received "Gadgeteer" quest, which requires Tomorrow Era buildings.
Side quests can be triggered by map progress (as can story, but you can only have 1 story quest). But side quests can also be aborted.