• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Can't use units that I have?

The Froggle

Hi, I'm in Indy. According to information in the appropriate buildings, I've got 2 Howitzers and 2 Breach Loaders "Ready For Battle." I'm trying to use PvP, but cannot add them to my army. I haven't started "training" the other 3 of each, but I'll do that as soon as I can figure out how to use the ones I've already got. I've tried adding them both when entering the PvP Arena screen, and the City Army Management Screen, and they do not appear in the icons on either screen. I've also tried just showing Indy units-still can't see them. Please, what am I missing here? Thanks.
[Edit] I just "trained" one more each of Howitzer & Breach Loader. I can access them just fine, but still cannot see the other 2 of each that the building tells me are "Ready For Battle."

Last edited:

wolfhoundtoo

Have you checked to see if you assigned them to your PVP defense army? I haven't had a problem seeing troops before but I rarely do PVP but I don't recall not being able to access troops.

The Froggle

Have you checked to see if you assigned them to your PVP defense army? I haven't had a problem seeing troops before but I rarely do PVP but I don't recall not being able to access troops.
I tried to put them into my PvP Defense Army, tried to put them into my regular attack army, and also into armies I wanted to use in Guild Battlegrounds and Guild Expedition armies also. The problem is that when I open and look at the Howitzer and Breach Loader Factories, there are 2 units in each which do not appear in the, I guess I'd call them "recruitment icons." They are definitely "collected," and show up as "Ready For Battle" when I open up the buildings, but do not appear on any of the Army Management boxes I open. So I cannot add them to my armies.

Is this perhaps a glitch I need to ask support about?

Johnny B. Goode

Is this perhaps a glitch I need to ask support about?
Those units you can't access? You've designated them as part of your defense army for PVP Arena. Units that are part of the PVP Arena defense army no longer show up in the army management screen. Click on "Defending Army" on your PVP Arena screen and you will see the units you have assigned to it highlighted in brown. They are the first units on the left side of the displayed units.

The Froggle

Those units you can't access? You've designated them as part of your defense army for PVP Arena. Units that are part of the PVP Arena defense army no longer show up in the army management screen. Click on "Defending Army" on your PVP Arena screen and you will see the units you have assigned to it highlighted in brown. They are the first units on the left side of the displayed units.
Geez! The one place I didn't look. I thought the "defending army" and "currently selected army" were the same. So, in other words, as long as they're in the PvP "defending army," I can't use them elsewhere! Definitely not an intuitive situation, nor handy, since as long as I'm in the tower, I'm essentially short 4 strong ranged units. Ouch! Thanks very much for the info. I did find them there.

Cyrus the Adequate

Geez! The one place I didn't look. I thought the "defending army" and "currently selected army" were the same. So, in other words, as long as they're in the PvP "defending army," I can't use them elsewhere! Definitely not an intuitive situation, nor handy, since as long as I'm in the tower, I'm essentially short 4 strong ranged units. Ouch! Thanks very much for the info. I did find them there.
Helpful hint:

For defending armies, use unattached units. Defensive units are never destroyed and are replenished immediately after battle, so you don't stand to lose them like you would when using them for attacking. Meanwhile, when you use attached units for attacking, they will be regenerated by your troop building after the battle ends.