• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Can't visit people's cities anymore?

DeletedUser26925

Fred, I think the number you are seeing is the number of friend request you have to answer, which are now put in the very front of the friends list.

I see now what happened is that the friend requests are now all the way to the left as you stated, so if my no 1 ranked friend is showing in the 1st position i was not aware there are requests hidden farther to the left. Not sure why this would be an improvement, i thought it was best they go to the back of the line, so to speak.

Thanks for the info!

DeletedUser24981

You can still visit a player city. Click on their name or avatar to bring up the context menu. Then click on their avatar in the context menu to visit their city.

screen.png
Thanks Jealis, You are informative as always.

DeletedUser7406

HOW many complaints are needed before INNO fixes it back?

Like I want to go through 135 Friends, 80 Guild Members, and 75 neighbors,
just so I can find their avatar there instead of in a message thread to visit their city and donate FP to their GB,
from a FP Swap message thread? Meanwhile I have already forgotten the name of the player I was looking for.

This has to rate at the top of their dumb ideas.
I tried to censor myself since there may be kids reading the forums.

If anything, Friends should be more difficult to add/delete, not visiting player cities.
Did they at least raise the limit of inviting friends yet?
-------
UPDATE:
I see they added a 2nd avatar that you click on to visit, BUT it is still a dumb idea, not the least bit subtle. Now everyone has to re-train their brain so they don't accidently delete all their friends.
:(

You should put add/delete friend on the Avatar and put visit back where it was!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22096

Understand how to visit cities of people on your neighborhood and friend list. How can I visit cities of people not on one of my lists? Helpful to see what troops enemies are cooking or to scout a potential new member's city. Thank you.

DeletedUser25273

On the message list, when you click on the avatar, you get a pop up with a list of options and an avatar, click on THAT avatar to go to their city. On the global list, click on the name to get the popup as above.

DeletedUser26660

Why would you remove "visit" and replace with "remove as friend" and not put the new button "great building" button there instead? i am programmed to click the top item in the menu and unfriended the first few i accessed.

Thanks
Fred

Exactly, why not replace ''visit'' with ''Great Buildings''. Seems nobody thought beforehand that we get conditioned to do certain actions and I still have to stop myself now unfriending people several days later.

On a separate note with changes has anyone noticed that in the market where it displays goods that Brick has changed to BRICKS, Wire has changed to WIRES and Rope has changed to ROPES, but not in the drop down menu when you create an offer.

DeletedUser25166

How do you visit a friends city? I wish INNO did not remove this. Probably some plunderer complained. And any update on Friend Tavern proposals?
*sips coffee*

DawnLight the Just

I'm fine with the option to donate directly from the drop-down menu when you click on someone's picture, what I don't like is when you are in a GB circle where you donate to multiple players on the same day, the only way to do so efficiently was to click on them directly from the GB page. You can't do that now, there is no visit option either on the drop-down menu or from the avatar. You have to physically search them out on your friend's bar. It really is a hassle. Is there any way to suggest they bring back that option?

DeletedUser8152

How do you visit a friends city? I wish INNO did not remove this. Probably some plunderer complained. And any update on Friend Tavern proposals?
*sips coffee*
I'm fine with the option to donate directly from the drop-down menu when you click on someone's picture, what I don't like is when you are in a GB circle where you donate to multiple players on the same day, the only way to do so efficiently was to click on them directly from the GB page. You can't do that now, there is no visit option either on the drop-down menu or from the avatar. You have to physically search them out on your friend's bar. It really is a hassle. Is there any way to suggest they bring back that option?

If you read the third post in this thread, it tells you how to visit anyone from a message, chat, or anywhere else you see their name.

DawnLight the Just

If you read the third post in this thread, it tells you how to visit anyone from a message, chat, or anywhere else you see their name.

I tried this out several times and I did not receive a second avatar (that I see now when I go back and look again). I just got a drop-down menu that did not give the option to visit. It must have been a glitch that was finally worked out. But before accusing us of not checking, maybe just trust that some people do check things out before posting. (That's what I did when I was a moderator on another site.)

DeletedUser8152

Sorry I didn't read your post carefully enough. But it is working now?

DeletedUser24981

Understand how to visit cities of people on your neighborhood and friend list. How can I visit cities of people not on one of my lists? Helpful to see what troops enemies are cooking or to scout a potential new member's city. Thank you.
It works the same way in global rankings. After you click on their name, click on their avatar that pops up with the drop down menu. It will take you to their city.

DeletedUser9837

Why has INNO made it difficult if not impossible to see the cities of others? City design is an important part of the game. By limiting the ability of everyone to easily see the cities of others, INNO is hurting itself and hurting the game. I remember when I started, it was seeing all those other cities that inspired me, that gave me ideas about how to design mine. I saw GBs about which I knew nothing. I saw specialty buildings that made me excited about future events. Now, that's all gone, and for no apparent reason.

DeletedUser15042

Im confused. What has changed that you can not see others cities? If you can't, submit a ticket for it.

DeletedUser25166

We should be able to see cities while sitting in Tavern *sips coffee*