• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Can't visit people's cities anymore?

DeletedUser28412

I mentioned this in another thread as well.
I would also like to be able to visit a player when they write me a message. Currently to visit them i have to close messages , scroll through everyone until i reach the player i was speaking to then click their avatar. Dont get me wrong i love the new GB button , it loads alot faster than going to someones city, but how about this....... right now in the social bar you can click the name of the person and you get a list, if you click their avatar you go directly to their city. Can you do that in messages also?? Click their name over their avatar , get a menu, click their avatar , go to their city ??

DeletedUser28412

I mentioned this in another thread as well.
I would also like to be able to visit a player when they write me a message. Currently to visit them i have to close messages , scroll through everyone until i reach the player i was speaking to then click their avatar. Dont get me wrong i love the new GB button , it loads alot faster than going to someones city, but how about this....... right now in the social bar you can click the name of the person and you get a list, if you click their avatar you go directly to their city. Can you do that in messages also?? Click their name over their avatar , get a menu, click their avatar , go to their city ??

Update on what i posted .. there is a way to visit their city through the message thread but i hadnt seen it , thanks to the other post on another thread someone answered that question :)

DeletedUser26660

I have thought for a long time that I would like to be able to see messages when I am in GE and other such scenarios, GvG allows this so why not other parts of the game?

DeletedUser28503

Why has INNO made it difficult if not impossible to see the cities of others? City design is an important part of the game. By limiting the ability of everyone to easily see the cities of others, INNO is hurting itself and hurting the game. I remember when I started, it was seeing all those other cities that inspired me, that gave me ideas about how to design mine. I saw GBs about which I knew nothing. I saw specialty buildings that made me excited about future events. Now, that's all gone, and for no apparent reason.
They haven't all they did was remove the text menu visit, but anywhere that you can click on a players name and the menu comes up it also shows their avatar and if you click on the avatar you can go to their city.

DeletedUser8152

Why has INNO made it difficult if not impossible to see the cities of others? City design is an important part of the game. By limiting the ability of everyone to easily see the cities of others, INNO is hurting itself and hurting the game. I remember when I started, it was seeing all those other cities that inspired me, that gave me ideas about how to design mine. I saw GBs about which I knew nothing. I saw specialty buildings that made me excited about future events. Now, that's all gone, and for no apparent reason.
Merging this with an open thread on the topic.

Volodya

They haven't all they did was remove the text menu visit, but anywhere that you can click on a players name and the menu comes up it also shows their avatar and if you click on the avatar you can go to their city.

This may have been true at one time, but I don't think it is anymore. I don't see any way to visit the city of a player who appears on the list of another player's Great Building contributors, unless the first player is also a guildy, friend or neighbor.

DeletedUser25273

When on another players GB contribution list, when I click on the players name or avatar, I get the popup menu in which clicking their avatar takes me to their city. Now, if they aren't a friend/guild-member/neighbor you won't be able to aid them or contribute to their GBs, but you never were able to do that.

Wait, your were talking if you can't contribute to the FIRST player, it can be harder, if you are just visiting their city, you can't get into their GB to see the list, but if you got their from another GB they contributed to, when you clicked on their name, it looks like you get get their Great Building list, and enter the GB, and from there you can visit their contributors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Volodya

When on another players GB contribution list, when I click on the players name or avatar, I get the popup menu in which clicking their avatar takes me to their city. Now, if they aren't a friend/guild-member/neighbor you won't be able to aid them or contribute to their GBs, but you never were able to do that.

Wait, your were talking if you can't contribute to the FIRST player, it can be harder, if you are just visiting their city, you can't get into their GB to see the list, but if you got their from another GB they contributed to, when you clicked on their name, it looks like you get get their Great Building list, and enter the GB, and from there you can visit their contributors.

Now it's working again. I'm actually not a crazy person; earlier today I wasn't seeing the house icon within the avatar in the pulldown menu that you click to visit a city. Now it's back and I can visit OK. I assume it was a transitory glitch (like the fact that I can't see cars or pedestrians, although animations are enabled.)

DeletedUser26660

(like the fact that I can't see cars or pedestrians, although animations are enabled.)

I get that all the time, cannot see vehicles on the motorway despite everything else appearing to function correctly.

DeletedUser28503

I dont think ur crazy its called FOE. It is by definition a bunch of crappy code merged into one utopia of garbage built upon a system thats older then my kids running on hardware shared by 100 adult sites and bug checked by people who have no clue how to turn on there own computer. But hey we have trophies and as for the system I refer to yes flash is old and dead. I think the only 2 companies using flash today is fedex and inno games but hey at least fedex pays u 5 bucks if u will install flash and use there products. INNO html5 or bust!!!

JC drops the mic

DeletedUser26660

It is by definition a bunch of crappy code merged into one utopia of garbage built upon a system thats older then my kids running on hardware shared by 100 adult sites

Aha, that explains the tits in my new hood then.

Feirefis

You can still visit a player city. Click on their name or avatar to bring up the context menu. Then click on their avatar in the context menu to visit their city.

screen.png

Kind a wrong: This is only working within friends, guild and neighbours. I have former guild members which i chat with. We cannot add each other as friends, because we both are beyond 80 friends. So we cannot visit each others city anymore. :-(

DeletedUser24787

Kind a wrong: This is only working within friends, guild and neighbours. I have former guild members which i chat with. We cannot add each other as friends, because we both are beyond 80 friends. So we cannot visit each others city anymore. :-(
you can visit you just cant interact with them in regards to aid or contributions to their GB

Feirefis

you can visit you just cant interact with them in regards to aid or contributions to their GB
I do know the difference between the three groups. But there is a fourth group "not-associated" and you cannot visit their cities. You can simply try it, by using the global search and try to visit a player from neither of your three groups. :-(

DeletedUser24787

not sure how to replicate this are you on mobile?

your saying exsample you want to see the top city on your server you are not friends , hoodmates, or guildmates you type his/her name and you cant visit them that is very odd ? i can say i have not had this happen to me i play on the pc version