• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Carnival 2018 Feedback

ODragon

Since this is the feedback thread, that's what I will give. In both of my worlds, the Carnival event ended at Quest 9. I would have to scout to be able to even start this. This is my choice as I'm not ready to move on, don't feel I have much chance of maxing out the bridge and am not complaining about it.

That said, I would suggest the following:
Instead of Infiltrate or Acquire or Scout being the only option, lets combine them.

Infiltrate 2 sectors OR Scout a province OR Acquire 1 sector without fighting as the options for everywhere we have these things. This would give people more choices for where they are on the actual map.

I am not against scouting a province if it helps me but having to do it just to do the main task means I have to do it AGAIN later on is a bit frustrating.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31592

Since this is the feedback thread, that's what I will give. In both of my worlds, the Carnival event ended at Quest 9. I would have to scout to be able to even start this. This is my choice as I'm no ready to move on, don't feel I have much chance of maxing out the bridge and am not complaining about it.

That said, I would suggest the following:
Instead of Infiltrate or Acquire or Scout being the only option, lets combine them.

Infiltrate 2 sectors OR Scout a province OR Acquire 1 sector without fighting as the options for everywhere we have these things. This would give people more choices for where they are on the actual map.

I am not against scouting a province if it helps me but having to do it just to do the main task means I have to do it AGAIN later on is a bit frustrating.

I have almost written this as a proposal a dozen times.

I get that the map is part of the game. I do. But the quests eat up so much of the map because of the way they are laid out. Make what you do on the map an option. I also quit at the first map quest in my main city.

A few scenarios:

My city in Q- I've almost completed the CE map, but I'm still in PME. I do not have an open province. So I would have to scout. Then gain control, then I'd have to scout again before the March 4th quest. Provinces in the later ages are pretty big- lots of sectors. The gain control on quest 20 (of 40!) makes this inefficient, so I will not do any of it.

Alternatively, in two of my EMA cities, I had issues because the provinces can be so small. I scouted to do quest 9. Acquired a sector for 11. Acquired 2 more sectors for 18. BUT THE PROVINCE ONLY HAD 3 SECTORS! So, in able to do quest 20, I would have to scout and gain control of a whole province for one quest!!

I've had issues like in my EMA city in older ages, too. (Prior to DCs that is when I usually had a province open) I know a few months ago, one quest was to acquire 3 sectors and the next gain control, but I only had 3 sectors left.

It is not that I am anti-C-Map quests altogether. Just the way they are structured burn up far too much of the map. Plus, they are disproportionate to tech quests. Only once do you need to research in this event- quest 40! And that one gives you an alternative.

DeletedUser31498

The interesting part about this event, as opposed to all others, is that completing the quests isn't actually that important, especially relative to every other event. The total amount of florins you get from all the tasks is ~5,500 including the 2,500 bonus, and you get 100 extra tickets I believe. Given that you get over 400 tickets for free, its about 25% more. If one averages..........30 florins per ticket??, by accomplishing all the quests you get 5,500 + 100*30 = 8,500 extra florins above the 400*30 = 12,000 for doing none of them.

So you lose 1 bridge and two upgrades, but otherwise get 2/3 of the total florins. Seems like an amazing event to me?

You get ~2 free SoKs for literally doing 0 quests. The people complaining will just never be pleased.

With that said, I do whole-heartedly agree the C-Map quests can be a bit too brutal. But INNO did away with mandatory research while keeping those so they obviously know what they're doing.

But with that said, as long as you scout a province with 4 sectors you can do the first 30 quests for just that ONE province. Idk this event seems really, really good to me.

DeletedUser31856

Would be nice if the bridge upgrades would be offered a little more frequently, I'll need 4 to get this thing to level 7. So far I only bothered opening one chest, last night, 1 chest for 730 florins, got 1 SoK. Figured I wouldn't press my luck further and wait till the upgrades appear while I am on and open those chests.

DeletedUser9068

That quest is to infiltrate sectors, did you infiltrate them or conquer them? If you conquered them it won't count towards that quest as that isn't what you are being asked to do.

no disrespectz... but i did infiltrate without any luck...click the question mark beside where it ask you to infiltrate 2 sectors and it will tell you the same conditions are met if you get all of the sectors...guess i m stuck in another quest going nowhere

DeletedUser31440

no disrespectz... but i did infiltrate without any luck...click the question mark beside where it ask you to infiltrate 2 sectors and it will tell you the same conditions are met if you get all of the sectors...guess i m stuck in another quest going nowhere

How many sectors did you acquire? When it says acquire all sectors it doesn't mean all that you have available, it means all for the quest so it would be 2.

IngeJones

There are not enough opportunities to get bridge upgrades. In any event it should be possible to complete more than one of the main prize if you work hard and at least one complete one if you just play each challenge. I don't think I am going to complete a single bridge.

DeletedUser29623

The Architects Chest, which is a good one, is coming up very soon

IngeJones

It still only gives 15% chance of the bridge upgrade which isn't that great a probability. In the Bowl one we just had you could complete the levels on at least one building just by finishing the course. Now we just *might* get it if we're the one-in-six lucky one

DeletedUser29623

Agreed, but this chest has two other prizes that are very good. I too prefer the Forge Bowl design, but I was just pointing out that an opportunity to get the upgrade is approaching.

IngeJones

Ok architect's chest came up. I had enough florins for 4 goes at it. I got 1) rogue (I already have 200 rogues, 2) another rogue, 3) Venice canal 4) Renovation kit. That bridge is only a good prize if we can get it to level 7. What I want to see is the overall percentage chance of getting a completed bridge if we play every day and complete all the challenges and spend florins on each prize. If I can't do it with all the diamonds I spend, then I don't think anyone can unless they are lottery winner material!

Falconwing

I can't complain too much, if at all. I bought 9 of the Architects chests and won a Rogue, Canal, 3 upgrades, and 4 SoK's. Not too shabby. I've managed to rake in a lil over 10K florins total. Now I'm just waiting for the Architects chest to reappear so I can try for the last upgrade.

Algona

My good luck in this Event has been in the games, the Chests have been brutal. Todays's pull: 6 Rogues, 1 Canal, 1 RK, 1 SoK. The RK and SoK were the last two. I was getting ready to break out the aluminum foil...

Last edited:

Falconwing

Woo Hoo!!! The Architects chest is here. Bought 5, got the last Upgrade I need, 2 more SoK's (6 total!!!) and two Canals (they all can't be home runs. Not one single Diamond spent. It's party time at my city! Half priced drinks! Free drinks for the Ladies who enter the wet T-shirt contest!

IngeJones

Ok so spurred on by that I diamonded myself some florins and got a... Venice canal! So out of 5 goes I have 2 canals and 2 rogues. Random ftl.

DeletedUser29623

I must concur. So far, I’ve only gotten one upgrade in each city from the chest. I did need to buy some diamonds for extensions, so I waited until they came with tickets, but even with that additional help and somewhat (but not strictly) conservative betting policy on the games, I don’t expect to be able to fully level the bridges.

For the right balance, I think the game should work so that very active players can get one fully upgraded event building without spending diamonds if they concentrate only on that. Players who log in once a day or less often, who want additional stuff like SOKs or HOFs, or who want multiple fully-upgraded special buildings will need to spend diamonds. That’s how the Forge Bowl worked and it was pretty much perfect. This event is too difficult/diamond thirsty. Personally, even if I were the sort of player to spend diamonds on an event, this one doesn’t offer enough probability of getting upgrades. I wouldn’t advise a spender to go for it.

One solution would be to offer the upgrades for sale.

Fortunately, I can really use the Reno Kits and I’m happy to have the SOKs I’ve won in addition to the probably-useless upgrades. This makes it a wash for me, given that I didn’t waste real money on it.

Praetorius

My rewards are mixed. My main city only has a renokit and 1 SoK to show for all the florins I spent so far.

My TinyTown however has 5 renokits, 3 1-ups, an 3 store buildings so far.

DeletedUser6120

There are not enough opportunities to get bridge upgrades. In any event it should be possible to complete more than one of the main prize if you work hard and at least one complete one if you just play each challenge. I don't think I am going to complete a single bridge.

I absolutely agree. In the Football Event where were plenty of chances to get the Tower upgrades. But in the Masquerade event, besides the two upgrades that we can get from completing the quests, the bridge upgrades have appeared only twice, in the "multiple prize" chest, with the upgrade having the least likely chance of your getting it! Frankly, unless the chest offers several things that you might want, it is not worth the florins. There is certainly no chance of winning a Bridge upgrade, much less 5 of them!

I think that the designers missed the boat (or maybe the gondola) on this one. If they do not intend to offer the Bridge upgrade as one of the "single" prizes, then the vast majority of the players are not going to get any of them. If the designers want people to spend diamonds, what better way is there than to make the bridge upgrade one of the "single" prizes that you can buy with your florins?

It is very disappointing to have a special event building, that is not only beautiful, but useful, being offered, knowing that you have no chance of getting upgrades to build it up.

DeletedUser31882

I echo the lament of lvl7 bridge seekers!

Stored up all my florins and went all in for the Architect chest.

3 Reno(20%), 2 SoK(10%), 8 Canals(30%), 2 rogues(25%). 0 Bridge upgrades(15%)

Good Gad. My luck feels weird.

Time to think about making a proposal for Inno to implement DC chests that can reward upgrades for acquired, non-maxed, special event buildings.

Graviton

I'm waiting for whichever chest it is that gives a 20% chance for the upgrade. As difficult to get as those things are I figure I should stop caring what other prizes are in the chests and just go for the best chance for that one.