• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Carnival 2018 Feedback

DeletedUser31498

So what's the highest number of florins anyone has seen? #1 in my hood and fellow guildie won 1615 last reset!! (Man I hate that guy). That's 101 misses, odds are tough to guess given how many were doubled odds, but if we say up to 600 was regular and then all 10%, it should happen once every 8,300 instances.**

Given all the worlds and all the hoods, there must be some 2k+ pots right?

**Defining instance as everyone playing until it is won.

DeletedUser30312

I saw one at 3500-something.

Holy hell, that's a lot of pissed players!

I got one of the bridge upgrades, and 3 more canals. Eh, I really don't care about getting through this event so I'm not concerned one way or other. The prizes here are kind of lackluster unless you like multiproducers and are lucky enough to get Balls or Markets depending on what you're making from them. The Renaissance Villa is okay, but everything else is kind of a sub-par version of something else. I was more disgusted with last year's carnival, but this time I'm not actively looking for special buildings since I don't have the space for them. I've got some SoKs, Rogues and a couple of other building just sitting in my inventory from lack of space, so everything's a big shrug. Not really interested in the avatars either. I stopped at quest 9 too, I'm not invested enough in the outcome of the event that I want to advance on the map.

DeletedUser31498

I saw one at 3500-something.

Holy cow thats impressive! If no one doubled until halfway through, happens once every 48 Million instances! And if people doubled before even less likely.

DeletedUser31440

Holy cow thats impressive! If no one doubled until halfway through, happens once every 48 Million instances! And if people doubled before even less likely.

Can you explain how to calculate that?

DeletedUser6892

I've had over 5000 florins on multiple worlds but it's not like it does any good. I don't spend down my tickets until the prizes have accumulated. It's better to have 31 tickets than 11 imo. When I do spend those thousands of florins I still can't get the bridge upgrades though so it doesn't even matter. I only got two upgrades today out of all those worlds and I tried multiple times. In 9 worlds I'm only expecting a fully upgraded Bridge. I think 2/9 is pretty crummy odds. I feel like there was a "severed finger in my shake." Next time I'm not going to buy the shake.

Freshmeboy

Bottom line INNO...? You have created a great building that can't be completed without diamond purchase or incredible, extraordinary luck...not a good way to keep players interested in the upgrade format. The maypole upgrades do little and I doubt you will give these ultra valuable upgrades for the pillar or the bridge in future DCs.. Need to change this format so players don't put up 25 pages of gripes...it isn't working

DeletedUser6120

I'm waiting for whichever chest it is that gives a 20% chance for the upgrade. As difficult to get as those things are I figure I should stop caring what other prizes are in the chests and just go for the best chance for that one.

Unfortunately that is the problem. At at least one of them. When the bridge upgrade appears in the "multiple prize" chest, it the one prize that is statistically designed to be the one least likely for you to get. The percentage that it is awarded is far below all the other stuff in the chest. So your chances of getting it are very slim to none at all. If the bridge upgrade does not appear in the "single" prize box, I am afraid that most players will not get getting even one, much less five.

DeletedUser6120

Bottom line INNO...? You have created a great building that can't be completed without diamond purchase or incredible, extraordinary luck...not a good way to keep players interested in the upgrade format. The maypole upgrades do little and I doubt you will give these ultra valuable upgrades for the pillar or the bridge in future DCs.. Need to change this format so players don't put up 25 pages of gripes...it isn't working

I like the upgraded special buildings, but only if it is designed so that most players can get the needed upgrades. It's not the idea that is flawed, but the way the designers are making it close to impossible for people to get the upgrades. They could put the upgrades in the chest with other prizes, but they should make the prizes all equal---not make it so that the bridge upgrade, which is what everyone wants, it the least likely prize to be won. AND the bridge upgrades should also appear in the single prize box, so that people can trade their florins for it. What is making most people very unhappy is that it is nearly impossible to get the upgrades needed to bring the Bridge to it higher levels.

I hate to complain but today's quest (10 battles or donate 100 *current* goods to guild) may have just sunk my little bronze age city's participation. I haven't unlocked the PvP tower yet (was waiting to use those sectors for later quests) and I can't donate bronze goods to a guild. (Yes, I know most people don't stay in bronze long but I'm experimenting.) It would have been nice if it was a little more accommodating to bronze age restrictions by perhaps allowing donations from your age or above, and perhaps also scaling the quantity of goods by age.

Freshmeboy

Verdant I believe you can do IA GvG to meet those requirements....and INNO has shown little remorse for those who camp in BA in any event or DC...time to move up because thses events are feared for the newer players..Good luck

IngeJones

I don't understand why we're not allowed to donate bronze age goods anyway. Ok they may not be usable but it really wouldn't do any harm to allow it for the sake of completing these quests.

DeletedUser29055

I do think that getting the fully upgraded special prize is more difficult than in the last event. I got lucky in one city and got all upgrades necessary (just waiting on the last from the questline) and two soks. In my other city i got nil. In the last event i got upgraded pillars in both cities. One full with spare upgrade and two level 5 and 6 in the other city.

Graviton

Similar results for me. I play on several worlds. The first day the 20% upgrade chance was offered, I ended up with the following: 3, 3, 5, 1, 1. I agree that it seems to be more difficult to complete this one. I've even dropped some diamonds (not dollars, but diamonds) on this Event and I typically don't.

Snarko

Can you explain how to calculate that?
I hope my math here is correct. I haven't done this in a while.

(3500 - 100) / 15 ~= 227 (number of attempts to get 3500 pot)
227 / 2 = 113.5 (number of doubled and number of non-doubled attempts)
Now in this case I believe that he worked with 113 + 113, which technically only amount to a 3490 pot. We'll do the math with 113 + 113 to get a similar conclusion.

The chance of failing 113 times in a row (no doubling) is 0.95 ^ 113 ~= 0.003 = 0.3%. That happens about once every 1 / 0.003 = 333 instances. In this case we aren't done, we need to continue our multiplication. The odds of failing 113 times in a row (no doubling) and then 113 times in a row (doubled) is 0.95 ^ 113 * 0.9 ^ 113 ~= 2 * 10^-8

So now we arrive at
1 / (0.95 ^ 113 * 0.9 ^ 113) = 48733660. Once in 48.7 million instances. Of course as with all things chance/probability you shouldn't look at that number and think that is what will happen. That it did happen, to someone reading this thread, is proof of that.

There may well be a better way to do this. If there is, please do share.

ndstate

This event is terrible. 5% chance on the far right box is insulting. Then you add in 20 florians to double that to 10%. You would think that spending 11 tickets (at 10%) multiple times would get you a win at least once in a while. Nope. I have a hard time believing that the %s are accurate. Not to mention each 10 tickets I am wasting 200 florians. There are numerous other issues with this event...

Darth Mole

This event is terrible. 5% chance on the far right box is insulting. Then you add in 20 florians to double that to 10%. You would think that spending 11 tickets (at 10%) multiple times would get you a win at least once in a while. Nope. I have a hard time believing that the %s are accurate. Not to mention each 10 tickets I am wasting 200 florians. There are numerous other issues with this event...
Great feedback - good to get it off your chest - if you'll pardon the pun.

DeletedUser24719

Does anyone really expect these so called events to be anything more than a repeat of past events. The devs in this game are NOT innovators. They will take the easy way every time. Change a few graphics, rename a building or two and all the players end up with is the same old boring repetitive crap as always. Maybe they should really concentrate on better and more age appropriate rewards. They could start with improving the rewards for GBs first. Since the ARC not much reason for even investing beyond level 2 rewards. And a Gate of the Sun God for GE level 4 reward. Really??