• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Carnival 2018 Feedback

DeletedUser30312

Keep in mind Inno is working on converting the game to HTML5, recycled events are probably easier to implement while they work on the conversion. Or maybe they decided to switch to a regular event for late winter rather than doing a new Valentine's Day event every year.

Algona

Don;t get me wrong, I think there is a serious flaw in this Event, but I''m waiting to see he final results first/ I disagree with this post though:

Does anyone really expect these so called events to be anything more than a repeat of past events. The devs in this game are NOT innovators. They will take the easy way every time. Change a few graphics, rename a building or two and all the players end up with is the same old boring repetitive crap as always. Maybe they should really concentrate on better and more age appropriate rewards. They could start with improving the rewards for GBs first. Since the ARC not much reason for even investing beyond level 2 rewards. And a Gate of the Sun God for GE level 4 reward. Really??

Special Building Sets. Historical Events. Themed Special Buildings spread axross Events. Multiple Quest Lines. Alternative Quests Upgradable Special Buildings

Incidents. DCs. 1up. Store. trade and GB attachments. Promethium. Arc. Moti and Mass Moi. AO. Boosts, GE, GEC, Acheivements. Friend's Tavern.

And many more added since you joined the Forum.

DeletedUser6120

Keep in mind Inno is working on converting the game to HTML5, recycled events are probably easier to implement while they work on the conversion. Or maybe they decided to switch to a regular event for late winter rather than doing a new Valentine's Day event every year.

The designers claim that they always look at the feedback on the forum, but if so, they are not taking any action regarding that feedback. Before this event was even halfway through, it was more than obvious that players were very dissatisfied with the extreme difficulty of getting bridge upgrades. And consider, the vast majority of players do not bother to get on the forum and air their complaints. so for each person you read about that is stating their dissatisfaction, there are a few thousand who are not bothering, but are just as dissatisfied. I think we can all agree that the chances of getting even one upgrade, much less five, for each bridge, is unlikely. Yet, the designers have taken no action regarding this. There was plenty of time before the event ends to do something about the problem. It would not even be difficult. It would not be necessary to rewrite pages of coding or re-designing the event. Make the bridge upgrade a "single" prize, that players can get with their florins. Or make the upgrades part of the "multiple prize" chest, but make the percentage of getting it much higher than any of the other prizes. It is very frustrating to feel that the people in charge are just sitting around saying "oh well, that didn't work" rather than fixing the problem. It's just a matter of good business: if you are doing something the customers don't like, you stop it and do something different. Something that will make your customers happy. It really does not take a lot to figure that out.

DeletedUser29623

I don't think people complaining on forums is enough on its own to prompt a change. People complain a lot about everything on forums for games. They'd have to delete the game entirely if they responded to everything people complained about. They are more likely to judge the success of the game by how many diamonds were sold and spent for it, and it's certainly possible that the difficulty of getting enough upgrades or getting enough florins to win them has generated more diamond sales, sadly.

ndstate

Great feedback - good to get it off your chest - if you'll pardon the pun.
How about the fact that I have to spend 7 days out of 18 just scouting provinces so I can do other tasks like infiltrate. Having to spend approx 35% of the entire time waiting to scout is flawed.

DeletedUser27889

Trade up for IA or higher Goods.
This wont work, others have tried. When it's your current or below no future goods are accepted as counting.

Though in my own stupidity I didn't notice it was without 'or below' this go around and wasted 130 previous eras goods.

All in all for the event, though I did put down the gondola market to go with my luaus 8 hr FP production this has so far been the only event that I've ever won actually nothing I could use (gondola market was on the questline). And unfortunately for me I did spend diamonds on tickets when I saw the pot get high, several hundred in fact plus I bought a diamond pack when the free tickets came up yet all those 'florins' my tickets won has thus amounted into nothing.

Eh I can't complain, I bought the diamonds because it had been awhile since I supported the game and also I decided to just use them to put the new GB down as early as I can so anything extra I didn't mind flittering away.

DeletedUser31498

The designers claim that they always look at the feedback on the forum, but if so, they are not taking any action regarding that feedback. Before this event was even halfway through, it was more than obvious that players were very dissatisfied with the extreme difficulty of getting bridge upgrades. And consider, the vast majority of players do not bother to get on the forum and air their complaints. so for each person you read about that is stating their dissatisfaction, there are a few thousand who are not bothering, but are just as dissatisfied. I think we can all agree that the chances of getting even one upgrade, much less five, for each bridge, is unlikely. Yet, the designers have taken no action regarding this. There was plenty of time before the event ends to do something about the problem. It would not even be difficult. It would not be necessary to rewrite pages of coding or re-designing the event. Make the bridge upgrade a "single" prize, that players can get with their florins. Or make the upgrades part of the "multiple prize" chest, but make the percentage of getting it much higher than any of the other prizes. It is very frustrating to feel that the people in charge are just sitting around saying "oh well, that didn't work" rather than fixing the problem. It's just a matter of good business: if you are doing something the customers don't like, you stop it and do something different. Something that will make your customers happy. It really does not take a lot to figure that out.

I think you need to keep in mind, for every complainer, there are multiples of people who are happy, and just don't post. Anger is more of a motivator. So for every mad person that posts how terrible this awesome event is, way more people are simply happy and don't post.

The amazing part about this event is that WITHOUT DOING ANY QUESTS, you still can participate in a very meaningful way. you get 24 tickets/day for just existing. Compare that to any other event. And with those you would easily have enough to buy 2 SoKs if you want.

So complain away, but even if you're in the vocal majority, which you may be, you are probably not in the actual majority.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27889

Really? Wow! That is brutal.

Thanks for the info.
Yeah. I'm a camper myself thought I do disagree with bronze age camping because then you're just picking off the noobies when they enter the gate. However I think the delay of PvP was enough to fix the problem I don't really see why they need to be singled out of not participating in events either.

Though, with the way this one is set up battle or donate, 2 things a bronze age player can't do unless they have access to GvG I think it went too far. Even a player simply pausing in bronze while they set themselves up is out, so is a new player who is actually playing the game but still in bronze age.

DeletedUser30312

The only reason to BA camp is to follow Glarg's strategy to get the earliest BPs. Once you got them you might as well move up to IA because there's too little of value to BA camp. Not to mention that when you win an event building in BA, it's going to be the weakest possible version of that building, so you'll be stuck using up that many more 1 ups and Renos on it to improve it as you advance through the ages unless it's a building that can just stay BA.

Algona

So complain away,

Good post.

The best part of the post you quoted? Read it close. Every idea or thought is demonstrably wrong.

The worst one - changing the Event mid stream. How will every player who spent their Florins before the odds were improved react?

Can you imagine how folk would react if the patch didn;t work exactly right? Worse, if there were a delay of days getting the fix right?

Yeah. I'm a camper myself thought I do disagree with bronze age camping because then you're just picking off the noobies when they enter the gate. However I think the delay of PvP was enough to fix the problem I don't really see why they need to be singled out of not participating in events either.

Though, with the way this one is set up battle or donate, 2 things a bronze age player can't do unless they have access to GvG I think it went too far. Even a player simply pausing in bronze while they set themselves up is out, so is a new player who is actually playing the game but still in bronze age.

Agreed. But given that this game takes years to play, I can't feel too bad for anyone who misses one opportunity.

It ain't like it takes long to get into IA. And if they choose to stay in BA and miss more opportunities?

Last edited:

DeletedUser29623

I had poor luck getting upgrades from the architect’s chest, but succeeded in getting one of my bridges fully upgrade thanks to the keep it safe chest. Alas, I also spent a few diamonds, but never again, since it didn’t do any good.

Graviton

After two shots at the Keep It Safe chest on seven worlds, I've got the Bridge to level 6 on three of them, so I'll get that last upgrade when the Event quests end. On my other worlds: 1, 3, 2, 2. Doesn't look good for those.

DeletedUser6120

Well, I have already done my share of complaining here in earlier posts, so I wanted to take the opportunity to express some of the things that I liked about the Carnival event. I enjoyed the beauty, imagination and romance of the theme. I like the event buildings, the gondola Market, the new Mansion, and the Grand Bridge (although none of my Bridges will ever get beyond level 3). They are all beautiful, elaborate and look great in my cities. And I really enjoyed the re-appearance of the old special buildings from last year's Carnival: the other mansion and the Masquerade Ball, both of which I was able to get in my cities that did not already have them. All of them look great together! the details are great and the colors are beautiful (and did anyone notice that they carefully made the water the same color where it appeared in every building, so you can put them together!)

The prizes were good, if not great. Although I cannot understand a lot of people's excitement at getting things like the Shrine of Knowledge or the Shrine of Awe. What's the benefit? they give one forge point a day---I can buy a forge point from a fraction of a payout from one residence if I want one that badly. I have several of these shrines sitting in my inventory, why give them space in my city? At any rate, I liked how they not only offered a "single" prize selection, that you could buy with your florins, and also had a "multiple" chest, where you could take your chances with what you got.

The quests were pretty good, and I liked the way that many quests had alternatives, which made it easier to accomplish them. I liked how you had a choice of how to use your tickets, to get a sure payout, or taking a chance on a more risky bet. It was fun and exciting.

So altogether I have enjoyed the Carnival event and would consider it a success. Pretty much my only disappointment was in not being able to get any Bridge Upgrades. But that did not keep me from participating in the event or in enjoying it.

Don't know if we are going to get new avatars from the event. The Masquerade avatars from last year were fabulous---I don't know if the designers could outdo those, but I would love to have new avatars for this year's Carnival.

Graviton

Good post, although I wouldn't say that buying an FP is the same as having one generated for free every day. FPs are the primary currency, used for the most important aspects of the game: tech tree advancement, GB levelling and GB donations for rewards; even buying goods from other players in more advanced Ages. I'll take all the free FP I can get.

DeletedUser31882

The prizes were good, if not great. Although I cannot understand a lot of people's excitement at getting things like the Shrine of Knowledge or the Shrine of Awe. What's the benefit?

So altogether I have enjoyed the Carnival event and would consider it a success. Pretty much my only disappointment was in not being able to get any Bridge Upgrades. But that did not keep me from participating in the event or in enjoying it.

I second Graviton's post on why players are interested in SoK. SoK is the standard for comparing all FP producing buildings, hence why it is discussed every event. Funny enough, I placed the Gondola Dock for a day and a half and then had to store it so I could rearrange my city to place the 2 SoKs I won in pursuit of bridge upgrades. *shrugs*

Some of my ire for the Carnival event is focused on bridge upgrades. The bridge, for optimizing players, needs to be max level to merit the footprint. Since the Bridge upgrades are harder to obtain than the PoH upgrades were, I assume many players will be upset for not being able to obtain a 'max bridge' when they fully participated in the event. Speaking for myself, it is upsetting that RNG thwarted my goal at getting a lv7 bridge into my city.

That all being said, I'm looking forward to sporting the new carnival avatars.

DeletedUser31498

I second Graviton's post on why players are interested in SoK. SoK is the standard for comparing all FP producing buildings, hence why it is discussed every event. Funny enough, I placed the Gondola Dock for a day and a half and then had to store it so I could rearrange my city to place the 2 SoKs I won in pursuit of bridge upgrades. *shrugs*

Some of my ire for the Carnival event is focused on bridge upgrades. The bridge, for optimizing players, needs to be max level to merit the footprint. Since the Bridge upgrades are harder to obtain than the PoH upgrades were, I assume many players will be upset for not being able to obtain a 'max bridge' when they fully participated in the event. Speaking for myself, it is upsetting that RNG thwarted my goal at getting a lv7 bridge into my city.

That all being said, I'm looking forward to sporting the new carnival avatars.

Level 6 Bridge still seems extremely good relative to the space compared to SoKs I think?

the 4x3 Bridge if placed normally takes up 15 squares wheres as 15 squares gets you 2.5 Fps of SoK equivalint (assuming one has SoK in rows, it takes 6 squares each). So you're down .5 FPs, but get 5 goods, which given most exchange rates for any age about LMA seems like a net winner to me. Then throw in coin/supply/medals/happiness and it's clearly better. Also saves a mo/po, though is clunkier for rearranging. Level 5 I agree doesn't seem worth it though, with the exception of those needing happiness. The per square happiness alone puts it mostly on par with premium buildings of most eras, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4770

hi this event seems to be lacking in giving credit for the things to complete this event! I noticed several days ago it shorted me on a few things that were required but now i have hit a brick wall with this .http://prntscr.com/ijxbhn since only one sector was credited I aquired the whole sector as the question mark stated to complete the quest that that would complete the quest...well guess what it doesn't work...maybe someone should work out these bugs if you want people to complete these events...waste of my time i guess sittin here unable to progress because someone forgot something somewhere along the way....smh
Ohhh ......by the way I cannot file a report with support as that the password I used to get in here and is saved with the forum will not allow me access to support told me I tried to log in too many times come back later ..... please tell me why I even play this game????
You can file a ticket with Support even without your password. Directly under where you type in your password is a link to Support you can use with any email address (though its best to use the email address used to register your game.) Enjoy the game.