• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Carnival 2018 Feedback

DeletedUser29623

The Architect Chest is coming up again shortly. I did manage to get all the upgrades in my CA world, but still need two more for my HMA world. I wish I knew whether Keep It Safe will also come up again, as the odds are better with that one

DeletedUser32973

I feel like the real gem in this event is the wishing wells. If you're a diamond farmer, you'll be swimming in wells by the end of the event. I think I've averaged 6 or so WW per off world diamond farm. I only got 1-3 WW from the forge bowl per world.

DeletedUser29623

I can at least say that even though I did end up spending a few diamond here and there, I go enough upgrades from the chests that I don’t have to finish the rest of the quests by acquiring two sectors.

DeletedUser31540

have been giving less diamonds in all my worlds than ever before but are the best for obtaining much needed goods on a daily basis or medals

WW the best for goods / medals?!?!?!

I personally think its one of the worst buildings in the game and a horrible source of medals / goods

DeletedUser31592

Nothing that generates diamonds can be considered one of the worst buildings in the game.
But they really are quite terrible- especially if you rely on them for diamonds.

I have about 8 WW/FOYs across my cities (used to have more, but I've deemed them worthless). I might get 50 diamonds a month. Might. Meanwhile, GE through level 4 in 6 cities pulls me around 1000 diamonds PER WEEK. My last few weeks, starting with last week and going back: 955, 1055, 1485, 1110, 835, 765. So, yeah, 50 is meaningless. Maybe if I got 50 per week per WW they'd become a priority. Instead, a Tribal Square helps me more than a WW.

Graviton

Fifty diamonds is meaningless to you. I don't have the time nor the inclination to do 4 levels of GE on seven different worlds. WWs generate diamonds for doing absolutely nothing. Something for nothing is as valuable as it gets, IMO.

Algona

WW ( the game's worst building )

ND and Colosseum would beg to differ.

Until yesterday I had 24 WW/FoY in my main city. it;s like Christmas every dat. Took down 4 for HoFs won over the last weeks.

Yup grinding the last Quest, get this Event over with. Not thrilled with the take, pretty sure I know what was wrong with this Event. I'll wait unil it finishes and be sure.

AceGoober

As the event winds down I'm one quest away from completing Carnival Event. All that is needed in my city in Langendorn is to click a couple of buttons to fulfill the last quest and claim a personal victory for completing an event since I've been playing.

I would like to note that one particular quest seems a bit excessive: Donate ??? goods of your current age to the Guild Treasury. Even with diligently producing 10 controlled goods of the same or two types every 8 hours, the quest is much more difficult than I believe it should be. If the quantity required was reduced by 25% I think it would be a bit more balanced.

DeletedUser32973

have been giving less diamonds in all my worlds than ever before but are the best for obtaining much needed goods on a daily basis or medals

With a projected 1% chance per WW, yeah you're going to see some bad streaks occasionally. I'm at 48 WW now across worlds, so it's starting to be a nice source of diamonds. I hope to scrap having to do GE on my offworlds once I have around 100. I do agree it's a horrible building for a main city XD.

Btw, does anyone know if there is a chest (and perhaps what it is) after this potentially final keep it safe chest?

DeletedUser31498

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To get to the SoK on the other side.

Excellent riddle. But in all seriousness, people claiming that an SoK takes 5 spaces are deluding themselves. In any real city the MARGINAL SoK takes 6 spaces. If you have exactly 1 at the end of a road somehow, then good for you. But for comparison purposes, I'll stick with the math that a SoK takes 6 spaces, and this 4x3 takes 15 (or 16).

Algona

Excellent riddle. But in all seriousness, people claiming that an SoK takes 5 spaces are deluding themselves. In any real city the MARGINAL SoK takes 6 spaces. If you have exactly 1 at the end of a road somehow, then good for you. But for comparison purposes, I'll stick with the math that a SoK takes 6 spaces, and this 4x3 takes 15 (or 16).

Really? I have to explain this?

SoK on one side of the road and another SoK on the other side.

Do i need to do the math for you?

You might want to take a look at your 4x3 road space as well.

Last edited:

DeletedUser30312

Well, I got lucky and managed to pick up 2 more Bridge upgrades earlier, unfortunately that came along with 2 Mass Motivation kits that will likely never be used. So that's 4 upgrades for me without really putting any effort into this event at all. Not too shabby, but I'm probably just going to leave the bridge in my inventory.

DeletedUser31498

Really? I have to explain this?

SoK on one side of the road and another SoK on the other side.

Do i need to do the math for you?

You might want to take a look at your 4x3 road space as well.

Very few ppl lay a 2x2 on the outskirt of their city. Typically, they are lines down the middle, so the lane is 4 wide, with roads on both sides. Almost every serious layout has this. Counting a road used on both sides as only counting for half is simply not consistent with how we typically talk about space.

DeletedUser

Very few ppl lay a 2x2 on the outskirt of their city. Typically, they are lines down the middle, so the lane is 4 wide, with roads on both sides. Almost every serious layout has this. Counting a road used on both sides as only counting for half is simply not consistent with how we typically talk about space.
I would beg to differ. One of the first things you learn in FoE layout is to avoid having a road along the edge of your city, if you can avoid it. Which means that many, many players actually do have 2x2 buildings along the edge of their city, at least up to the point that residentials become 3x3s.

DeletedUser31498

Of course roads aren't on the ends, but GBs and other unwieldy buildings typically are. Wish I could upload efficient city layouts like some more tech savvy people.

DeletedUser31440

Of course roads aren't on the ends, but GBs and other unwieldy buildings typically are. Wish I could upload efficient city layouts like some more tech savvy people.

If you use a windows PC with windows 7 or later I think, you can do a search for snipping tool. It lets you select an area of the screen for a screen shot, then just save it, resize if necessary and upload it.

Algona

I guess i do have to do the math for you. I'll even use pictures

whoever this ;we' is you should clue them in.

Rationale setup is a road with buildings on both sides of the road. Does't matter the size of the buildings or the road it can be abstracted to this:

BrB

With more such setups contiguous. As in the classic 'Comb' layout.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
BrBBrBBrBBrBBrBBrBBrBBrB
BrBBrBBrBBrBBrBBrBBrBBrB
BrBBrBBrBBrBBrBBrBBrBBrB
BrBBrBBrBBrBBrBBrBBrBBrB
BrBBrBBrBBrBBrBBrBBrBBrB

Such that any one building not ont he 'handle' of the 'comb' touches roads on just one side, with all other sides being other buildings or the edge of the coty. Any one building and the building across the road share the Road Tiles in between.

In the case of SoK you haxe 2 2x2 buildings with two Road Tiles ib between. 2 Sok = 2x2x2 = 8 tiles + 2 Road Tiles in between for a total of 10 tiles. 10 tiles / 2 buildings = 5 tiles per building.

-----------

if you don't understand that math, let's resort to counting.

I rold you how to look at other cities. Take a look at mine. Middle of the bottom of my city.

4 Columns of 9 SoK flanked by HoFs on one side and TSs on the other.

TrSSrSSrH

According to your method there should be 6 TS =18 Roads + 6 HoF = 18 Rods + 36 SoK = 72 Rods totalling 108 Road Tiles.

Count the Road Tiles between the buildings. Don't count the roads at the top, it's a needless complication at this point..

I'll wait.

Got it? 54 Road Tiles.

There's 17 Road Tiles between the SoKs in the middle. According to you there should be 35.

The flanks are more interesting, there's 18 Road Tiles.between the SoKs and the HoFs, according to you there should be 36,

Go ahead and count the handle of the comb as well, but don't forget the buildings on the other side of that road as well. Again a lot less then what you your calculation says it should be.

----------

if you want some real fun, analyze your city. Count up all the different sizes of buildings then use your method to calculate the number of roads you should have,

Then count the roads you actually have. .

Remarkable difference, eh? Nowhere near the amount 'how we typically talk about space' would indicate. .I suggest your ;we' should spend a lot less time theorizing and more time counting.

The reason your method misses so badly is that you forget there is something on the other side of the road. You should have listened to the chicken. She gets it.

Last edited: