• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Carnival 2019 Feedback

DeletedUser38138

The set will still function just fine. The mask vendor automatically ages up, you will need four oneup/reno kits for the other pieces, but if you look at what they provide, you may decide not to age them up. It doesn't matter what age a piece is, it still provides a boost to its neighbors no matter what.

Thanks.

DeletedUser38138

Generally speaking, the various boosts (attack, defense, production, etc) provided by some event buildings increase at certain Ages (but not necessarily with every Age), while others don't. Amount of coins, supplies, medals, population, happiness typically increases each Age - but amount of fp's rarely increases. Goods output number is often unchanged, but you get the goods corresponding to the Age of the building (not the Age you're in).

So, some buildings you may want to use 1Up kit (increases by 1 Age) or reno kit (increases to your current Age no matter what Age it was before) when you advance an Age. Others you may leave as is. Each building functions fine irregardless of what Ages they are, even if part of a set

You can check any building's (or most anything else) stats for every Age via the fan wiki...
https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Forge_of_Empires_Wiki

Thanks. I was worried that the set would not function at all when I advance.

DeletedUser36020

Unless I get really lucky in these last couple of days it looks like ill be one piece off of a second level 1 set on top of my level 2 set. Can't complain though, got more than some people from this lol

Algona

I've spent the Event chasing set pieces by opening the best value per percent chest. I have 4 of the 5 pieces and one upgrade.

But all is not lost, I'll finish the Questline and get the Slection Kit to fill out the set.and I've done OK on winning Florins. There is a pretty good chance I'll stay in Silver League and garner two more Selection Kits so that the Event won't be a complete bust. Maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29623

With the League prizes (assuming bronze because only diamond spenders get silver and gold), I will have fully leveled sets plus change in both cities. I played the middle game almost entirely, followed the wiki guide for best -value chests, and tried to be philosophical when 3000 florins came up bupkis. Last year, I let gambling fever drain my diamonds and ended up with a useless spare bridge upgrade. I feel ok about it, but really good about resisting the urge to spend diamonds.

DeletedUser38485

have question the quest to build 4 buildings of production for mw it didn't work built 8 so far any ideas plz

DeletedUser33179

have question the quest to build 4 buildings of production for mw it didn't work built 8 so far any ideas plz

Re-read the quest. Does it say "of your Age or the Age below"? Now, double-check the Age of what you built (& make sure it's a production one, not a residential/goods building by mistake).

This event was COMPLETE GARBAGE! Par for the course the way this game is going. These greedy devs are gearing these events more towards the 15% or so who are dumb enough to spend money and use massive amounts of diamonds. This is showed by the other 85% only able to get into the third tier of these stupid leagues they are now using more and more. The everyday average Joe who completes the entire event should get put into the second tier with the credit card players getting put into the first tier if anything. But they gear these leagues to reward the credit card players which screws over the rest of us by knocking us down and sometime out of the third tier if enough diamonds get spent at the last minute of the event.

Graviton

If you play daily (at least), spend your tickets wisely (including almost never on the 5% game), and spend your florins on the most efficient chests for the set pieces, you're more than likely to get a fully upgraded set, and wind up solidly in the Bronze League. No dollars necessary, let alone diamonds. Just persistence and patience. I think the devs are aware that when patience runs out (if it's there in the first place), some people reach for the credit card. I say God bless 'em, that lets me play for free.

DeletedUser

This event was COMPLETE GARBAGE! Par for the course the way this game is going. These greedy devs are gearing these events more towards the 15% or so who are dumb enough to spend money and use massive amounts of diamonds. This is showed by the other 85% only able to get into the third tier of these stupid leagues they are now using more and more. The everyday average Joe who completes the entire event should get put into the second tier with the credit card players getting put into the first tier if anything. But they gear these leagues to reward the credit card players which screws over the rest of us by knocking us down and sometime out of the third tier if enough diamonds get spent at the last minute of the event.
If you're going to complain, please at least get your facts straight. The Gold league is comprised of the top 1% of players and the Silver league is the rest of the top 5% of players, then the rest of the top 20% are in Bronze league, with the remainder of the top 50% in the Amateur league. I haven't even tried on this event and I'll be firmly in the top 50%, so anyone that tried should easily get into the Bronze league and receive 50 FP, a One-Up Kit and a selection kit.

RazorbackPirate

Not even from the Forge Bowl? I know that they were from the Gold Players, so I understand if you didn't get any.
No Contestants' Estates, Winner's Plaza, Ornate Baths, or Athletes Living Quarters. Been playing a bit over a year and they've always been offered in chests/players or as Daily Specials. I've always avoided them in lieu of better prizes.

DeletedUser13838

Contestant estates - a 6 tile building giving +3% attack - is probably the best in the game for buildings where multiples are reasonably possible (ie you're not going to see too many cities with multiple level 10 colossus botanical rotundas etc). Unless I'm missing something.