• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Carnival 2019 Feedback

DeletedUser

carnival18_separator.png

Your feedback is always very important to us, so don't forget to comment here in this thread! Please also don't forget to follow us on Instagram for a chance to win extra Florins during the event!

Yours,
The Forge of Empires Team
I don't understand how you can offer (additional Florins) to those who follow only Instagram. Can You or Can't You also offer for Following on FaceBook or any other social media? It should Not be offered to only one. Just my opinion Lords and Ladies.

DeletedUser36624

For the mask vendor, the building age is the player's age, so the goods would be the player's age.

But the homes appear to have an age controlled by renovation kits. The building age would be different than the age of the player. In the other event buildings, I believe the goods produced are the building age.

Also, what are the goods produced once you reach modern age?
For special buildings that give goods, the goods produced are the age of the building. When you earn a special building, its age is that of your current age. When you apply an upgrade, if the building is below your current age, it becomes your current age. You can raise the age of a special building by one with a one-up kit, or raise it to your current age with a reno kit.

A modern age special building produces modern age goods. The "unrefined goods" thing only applies to GBs.

DeletedUser33179

For special buildings that give goods, the goods produced are the age of the building. When you earn a special building, its age is that of your current age. When you apply an upgrade, if the building is below your current age, it becomes your current age. You can raise the age of a special building by one with a one-up kit, or raise it to your current age with a reno kit.

A modern age special building produces modern age goods. The "unrefined goods" thing only applies to GBs.

Doesn't unrefined goods also apply to WWs/FOYs from Modern Age onward?

Super Catanian

I know the answer to this question is probably no, but it would still be nice to receive confirmation on this:

Do you receive extra Tickets or Florins for logging in every day, or you don't?
Thank you!

Jern2017

I'll stop at quest 29 as I don't want to scout a province. Hope I can get some SoKs or Watchfires in my main world and WWs in my diamond farm.

DeletedUser22283

If Inno had simply offered the Carnival Event 2018 Grand Bridge Upgrade Kit (which would be a straightforward patch to offer as a reward), I would actually care about this event. I just want to complete what I already started.

Last year's event was extremely luck based, leaving many players with an incomplete Bridge, there are 7 levels and I was very unlucky. Plus, it's a simple 4x3 building -so much more desirable than the footprint of this year's 2 level collection. I'll pass. I feel for any of you who end up with a partially complete set.

qaccy

@MajorAnachronism It may be larger, but it's also generally better. Even just at level 1 (which only requires 3 prize wins compared to 4 for a maxed bridge if you completed all quests in both events) you're gaining % boosts to coin, supply, attack and defense for a small dip in the efficiency of the goods and FP productions. Add in two more prize wins to upgrade the mask vendor and homes and you're now more effective in those two areas as well!

All that being said, comparing sets to buildings that can be motivated isn't entirely even. Sets are vulnerable to plunder and are rather cumbersome to move, but on the flipside don't need to be motivated, which can be a plus for a city that struggles with getting all desired buildings aided.

Anyway, as for the event itself! Based on the beta forums it does sound like the odds of getting a full grand prize for free are relatively low, despite more available florins and cheaper chests. I'll see how it goes once it starts since I have some stuff I'm looking to replace...

DeletedUser30312

Sorry, the Piazza Cafe is now the Piazza Hut. Please make the necessary changes to implement this.

So, success at this requires you to have a really dumb hood. I am so gold league this time.

Yeah, but a specific type of dumb which requires the neighbors to consistently make a lot of really stupid bets. Hard to rely on that.

DeletedUser28147

So I was reading through the questline and I noticed that they brought back research a technology on the tech tree as one of the quests. I was very disappointed to see this. I don't think it should even be put as an option but I am glad to see that they put up an Or for it, used to be that it was by itself. When I first started playing they didn't have an Or option and I wasn't able to finish an event because of that as I had already completed the tech tree section for the era I had currently been on. I still don't think it should be there.

DeletedUser38090

Alright, here's the strategy I'm using.
Thanks to @xivarmy 's google spreadsheet, I am able to calculate the chance of not getting a prize. If there is a 5% chance or lower that I will not get the prize based on the number of tickets I have, then I'm betting in and spamming as many tickets as needed to get the prize. If there is more than a 5% chance, then I'm going to have to back off, as it's too risky. I prefer 95% confidence in getting my reward, or I'll use the excessive tickets on the 10-florin game.

DeletedUser36020

So is the best bet for florins usually the middle one? I had like 35 tickets so figured I'd try the last and end up with nothing. I even doubled the last five, so im actually in the hole on florins.

Guess i should figure out what i should be doing before i screw up more

lemur

The game performance has gone to hell this morning — thanks, no doubt, to the new code (insufficiently tested, as usual) from the Carnival.

Thanks, InnoGames !!!!

DeletedUser38090

I had like 35 tickets so figured I'd try the last and end up with nothing. I even doubled the last five, so im actually in the hole on florins.
Doing the math with the chances, your situation has ~14.12% chance of happening or approximately 1 out of 7 cases. I would not recommend betting chances unless if you are 95% confident you'll get the reward.

DeletedUser15539

I didn't see anything in Wiki about the maximum number of tickets you can have banked. Is that number 21?