• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Carnival, another rigged contest

• Thread starter DeletedUser34480
  • Start date

DeletedUser26532

I've spent approximately 300 diamonds (all free from GE) for an additional 30ish tickets.

In total I've spent 26K Florins.

Have one fully upgraded set, a spare piece, the selection kit from the end of the questline, and sit in silver league to get two more.

Now if you knock off the diamond spending (which given its GE is really open to anyone who is free-to-play) I'd probably be short 1-2 pieces, and in Bronze league. However, the end of questline selection kit and bronze league one would mean that those two would be filled out from the selection kit.

The event is actually very well balanced. A free player who spends no diamonds can get one completely upgraded set with average luck. If you want multiple sets you're going to have to have diamonds.

That seems perfectly reasonable to me.

DeletedUser35173

I often see people with expectations which don't match probability.
If I have 10% chance to win doing X, then I can do X 10 times and should win once!
Erm... no, you had a 10% chance of winning each time. It doesn't matter how many times you gamble, it's still called gambling.

DeletedUser34480

Hmm, how come I haven't seen posts about rolling dice.

I recalled something here... someone mentioned that we, people, are excellent pattern catchers. Sorry, wrong idea. Most people are blind like moles.

DeletedUser33179

Hmm, how come I haven't seen posts about rolling dice.

I recalled something here... someone mentioned that we, people, are excellent pattern catchers. Sorry, wrong idea. Most people are blind like moles.

Moles can see, albeit poorly & are colorblind. But, what the hell is there to see for variety living underground anyways? Great scent & motion detectors on their nose, Extra thumbs. Can live in very low oxygen environments. And, before eating them, moles squeeze worms to get them to throw up the dirt in their gut. Cool.