• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Carnival Event 2019 Progress

Super Catanian

The purpose of this thread is to keep track of my progress in this year's Carnival Event. Feel free to add your own progress to it as well, as well as suggestions!

EVENT LOG
Day 1 of the Carnival Event

Completed a decent amount of quests but have not received any other buildings of the Piazza Set; only the Mask Vendor. Am in the Bronze League, so not too bad...
Hearing that some might not participate (because it's so luck based) increases my chances of being in the Silver League!

Day 2 of the Carnival Event

Just built the Piazza Mask Vendor in my main city, just to benefit from its medal income for now. The hoodies raised the jackpot of the boat race to over 500 Florins. I had just completed a quest that gave me Tickets, thus having 9. I took a chance and got it! Also hit the jackpot with the cup and ball game in my other city, giving me 90 Florins. Am saving up those Florins for later. I am now around the 11th quest, and I feel pretty confident, to say the least.
I have done 15 quests in each of my cities and won another 200 Florins in my second city from the cup and ball game. I think that game has the most efficient Ticket to Florin ratio.

Day 3 of the Carnival Event

Blew more than 1200 Florins trying to get the upgrade kit for the Mask Vendor. No luck.

Last edited:

Graviton

I take it you're only playing in one city. I have seven, I'd have to post a spreadsheet to track my progress, and even then I haven't been counting the florins nor coins I've spent so I don't have specific numbers.

On a high level though, of the five buildings or upgrade kits that have been available while I've been online, I've managed to get each one on three of my seven worlds. On the remaining four worlds, I've only missed one building or upgrade kit on each. That's doing pretty well, I think.

Super Catanian

I take it you're only playing in one city. I have seven, I'd have to post a spreadsheet to track my progress, and even then I haven't been counting the florins nor coins I've spent so I don't have specific numbers.

On a high level though, of the five buildings or upgrade kits that have been available while I've been online, I've managed to get each one on three of my seven worlds. On the remaining four worlds, I've only missed one building or upgrade kit on each. That's doing pretty well, I think.
Thanks. I have two cities; you can tell because I mention...

Just built the Piazza Mask Vendor in my main city
won another 200 Florins in my second city
I have done 15 quests in each of my cities

My cities are in Odhrorvar and in East-Nagach.

Zatrikon

Total of my two cities, I am:

13 for 87 on the 15% game - that's 14.94%
5 for 88 on the 5% game - that's 5.68%

I have the Fountain and the Mask Vendor and a Cafe Upgrade Kit (but no cafe) in one world,
And just the Fountain in the other.

DeletedUser

I have deleted some off topic posts and some responses to those off topic posts. If anyone doesn't want to participate in this thread, they are free to ignore it just like any other thread. If they feel it, or any part of it, breaks Forum rules in some way, they are free to report it, just like any other thread.

Super Catanian

This was supposed to be yesterday’s, but I didn’t have time to write it.

EVENT LOG
Day 4 of the Carnival Event

Am saving up more Florins. Have about 4000, almost from the first two games. I won’t be spending them until I have a bigger stock.
Have solved 20 quests in each of my cities. I probably won’t get much done today, but I am still pretty confident.

DeletedUser36624

Oh dear.
First of all, lucky you.
Second of all, not even in the 15% game?
For best results, you need your neighborhood to be dumb, but not too dumb. My neighbors seem addicted to the 5% game. In the intervening time, a couple of people have timidly stepped back into the 5% game, but they seem to think a 5% shot at 115 is better than a 15% shot at 50.

Oh, and I forgot to post what I came here to post. I spent down that 1000+ florin pot, and now I'm over 5000 florins spent on chests with no specials. Lucky me.

Super Catanian

EVENT LOG
Day 5 of the Carnival Event

Nothing too special today. Won a few Florins from the first two games. Still have spent no Diamonds, although it is tempting, seeing as how I have about 300 of them. Only had to use the double chance feature once. Have about 4,500 Florins saved up, and that number will keep on growing for a while.

DeletedUser36624

I have about 1200 florins waiting for the change of the special to see if it is something I want to try for (do not want another Mask Vendor). Currently have no tickets, but the games are dead right now anyway. When I harvest my Sleigh Builders, it will complete quest 18, and then quest 19 will be easy to complete for more tickets.