• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Castle System Feedback

Johnny B. Goode

PRODUCT OFFERED.........PRODUCT PURCHASED........PRODUCT TAKE BACK WITH NO COMPENSATION WHICH EQUALS POOR FORM.......
The trouble with this false statement is...you didn't purchase the Castle level. You purchased Diamonds. You got the Diamonds. Inno did not take back the Diamonds. You are out nothing. The Castle points you got as a FREE side benefit of buying the Diamonds did not cost you anything extra. Also, you still have 99% of the extra benefits you got free with that Diamond purchase. Every building, shrink kit, supply rush, coin rush, defense boost, coin boost, supply boost, Tavern boost price reduction, AD boost to coins and gemstones, PVP Arena time reduction, Cultural Settlements playthrough reward, Cultural Settlements cooldown reduction, Campaign Map scouting time reduction, and extra AD slot. And you still get 45% Attack boost for attacking army. Are you willing to give back all of that, including the Diamonds, and return your Castle to the pre-purchase level? Just because of a paltry 30% Attack boost? I thought not. You all got something for a little while that no one else will ever be able to get, and you got it for FREE. It's gone now. Get over it.

And this bears repeating. THERE IS NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR THE CASTLE POINTS YOU GET WITH A DIAMOND PURCHASE. THE DIAMONDS ARE THE SAME PRICE AS BEFORE THE CASTLE SYSTEM WAS IMPLEMENTED. YOU PAID FOR NOTHING BUT THE DIAMONDS. EVERYTHING ELSE WAS A FREE BONUS.

Lord Pest

I’m free to play and I never knew about the 30% boost until reading this thread. Isn’t getting an immediate 45% boost by buying diamonds right away enough? in 2 years everyone playing now will be at level 15 so those who bought a level 15 castle are 2 years ahead of those who didn’t.

Johnny B. Goode

I’m free to play and I never knew about the 30% boost until reading this thread. Isn’t getting an immediate 45% boost by buying diamonds right away enough? in 2 years everyone playing now will be at level 15 so those who bought a level 15 castle are 2 years ahead of those who didn’t.
See, this brings up an important point. 99% of players didn't "lose" anything. The only ones who "lost" something are the impatient ones with money to burn. And what they "lost" is so minor that it boggles the mind that we're still talking about it. And believe me, I am very familiar with the relative worth of attack boosts. I fight in every city I play (currently 9), in every age up to SAM. 30% extra is huge...in Bronze Age. No, I'm sorry, it's not even huge then. It's helpful, but not huge. And in the higher eras? 30% is a drop in the bucket. And must be even more so for the type of player who gladly puts down $1600 just to get a level 15 Castle early.

And what makes it even sillier that we're still talking about this is that most, if not all, the players here complaining about it didn't suffer the "loss"! They all have "friends" or "guild mates" who supposedly are up in arms. Except none of them are here to complain. Which tells any regular Forum reader that this is not a big deal to them. If it were, we'd be inundated with whining posts about it. Well, we do have some whining posts...but only by second-hand sufferers. They apparently are so filled with empathy for their fellow players that they are moved to whine for them. Sweet, but also rather silly in the grand scheme of things.

SomePlayer5000

This looks like a great system. I've taken a look at some of the prizes already. Attack and defense bonuses along with production, not to mention you can get even better prizes. It's really good and I just came back to the game, glad to see you have a possible-but not too easy chance to who knows, maybe diamonds and bonus units.

I get where you are coming from but my analogy still holds. I bought the diamonds (entree) and received a "permanent" attack boost as part of the package (dessert). I stated in my statement that I understand what Inno did and I accept the outcome but it still sucks. And I would say that even you can appreciate a boost to your attacking army that comes with no footprint to your city. I noticed that you think those of us that ran our castle up with money "have more money than brains." I think I quoted you correctly. You and my wife have something in common you can discuss. But this implies that you did not lose the 35% attack bonus so it's hard to take you seriously when you are out nothing.......Just sayin'

I think a fair compensation would be a building that has a similar boost. The challenge for me is that I have no room to put it down. What was cool about this was that you got an 80% boost to attacking armies with no footprint on the city. I see where that is overpowering at lower levels so I understand the decision. (I would have to run two attack buildings up an additional 72 levels to get the 35 points I lost. But still, it would be nice for Inno to state, yes, we made a mistake and here is something in return for what we are taking away.)

Johnny B. Goode

I think a fair compensation would be a building that has a similar boost.
And then does everyone who gets their Castle to level 15 get the building? If not, how is that fair? You paid nothing for that extra boost. It was free. You paid for Diamonds. You got Diamonds. You got some free stuff along with the Diamonds, but the Diamonds were all you paid for.

Pericles the Lion

You paid nothing for that extra boost. It was free. You paid for Diamonds. You got Diamonds. You got some free stuff along with the Diamonds, but the Diamonds were all you paid for.
You keep repeating this. Here is the current advertisement. While I'm sure that your opinion will differ, the way that the ad is presented shows that the purchaser is getting 29,000 diamonds and 100,000 Castle points for $199.99.

1644417164082.png

Which keeps the same imbalance in place, especially at the lower levels. Since that defeats the purpose of the fix, what is a realistic compensation?

I respectfully disagree with that statement. Take for instance a Governer's Palace or whatever it's called. The boost would be lower at lower levels and advance as the player aged up. And what is the difference between buying diamonds to raise your Castle Level to get the extra 35% boost and buying into the Halloween event to get 2 Houses of the Wolf that also have the boost to attacking defense? The fact is, if a player is willing to pay the money to get to level 15 of the Castle System, they will be willing to pay to get the buildings during the events. For me, I have no room in my city for extra buildings so, it is not equivalent at all and in fact an inferior product that needs footprint space that I do not have.

You are not going to find a PERFECT solution to this......

Ebeondi Asi

I do not know why JBG and RP feel teh need to repeatedly claim the same wrong information. but my comment still stands: to repeat it:

I have two Castles at level 15 and one at level 14. so i am affected. My Castles have been at least at level 13 since after the first month it was around. And I have had the 35% bonus all that time. Up until it was snatched away with no warning. just gone.
Inno took the 35% attack boost out of my 3 Cities with no warning. Weeks earlier I sent a bug report that the 35% vanished from the Castle's listed rewards, which got responses like no such thing existed, escalated, escalate again, then finally they said it was a mistake and never was really a part of the Castle rewards.. ???
So endless gaslighting.
And that hte best way Inno can fix this is t reinstate the 30% and return it to Castle level 13+ for all who reach that level.

And JBG and RP can again state what they feel even though they have nothing to comment about other than what others are saying. Since they are clearly not affected by the loss. they claim other not affected blah blah yet they themselve admit they have no concern about it. Yet seem to need to repeatedly make broad assertions about others who discuss it.
I guess they just love to blather on. Trying to browbeat those who disagree?

Last edited:
And then does everyone who gets their Castle to level 15 get the building? If not, how is that fair? You paid nothing for that extra boost. It was free. You paid for Diamonds. You got Diamonds. You got some free stuff along with the Diamonds, but the Diamonds were all you paid for.

Ok. You go into a restaurant that offers additional products on the billboard, you order the entree that comes with a free whatever, appetizer/dessert etc. You expect to get the offered freebee. If Inno no longer offers the freebee and you advance your Castle System, you are not expecting to receive the freebee that is no longer advertised.

DevaCat

You keep repeating this. Here is the current advertisement. While I'm sure that your opinion will differ, the way that the ad is presented shows that the purchaser is getting 29,000 diamonds and 100,000 Castle points for $199.99.

View attachment 19397
Not sure of your point, except for the nit-picking. That ad offers diamonds for money which will also get you the stated amount of castle points. Spend the money and that’s what you get. No bait and switch.

Like others, I never saw any ad that mentioned any attack bonus - got a screenshot handy? I wasn’t even aware it existed, but then I don’t start a new book by reading the last pages either. Those who do skipped ahead, saw a bonus - and other goodies - they liked and decided to plunk down cash to level up their castles. IMO the usual suspects were going to do that anyway (bless them!) regardless of any individual goodie gained in the process. I can understand some of them now being upset about having something taken away, but unless they started playing yesterday they know that “balancing” can and will happen - it’s the risk you take when spending real money.

As for any compensation due, I don’t see that happening unless someone can prove that an offer was made that spending money would guarantee the attack boost in question. All the offers I’ve seen are diamonds and castle points in exchange for money and afaik Inno has honored all such offers - they are a business after all, not fools.

On topic, the Castle System, I like very much being rewarded each day for doing what I was going to be doing anyway. I feel spoiled but certainly appreciate it, so thank you Devs!

Sharmon the Impaler

We have some saying that it was a game changing imbalance and others saying it was a drop in the bucket and neither camp has one person in it that has a level 15 castle. A zero footprint 35% attack boost is a big deal. The event building in the football event was a flop until they added 9 FP (SAV) to it. You can get 9 FP in about 8 seconds in GbG but it was still enough to tip the scales in many players books.

Ebeondi Asi

Like others, I never saw any ad that mentioned any attack bonus - got a screenshot handy? I wasn’t even aware it existed, but then I don’t start a new book by reading the last pages either. Those who do skipped ahead, saw a bonus - and other goodies - they liked and decided to plunk down cash to level up their castles. IMO the usual suspects were going to do that anyway (bless them!) regardless of any individual goodie gained in the process. I can understand some of them now being upset about having something taken away, but unless they started playing yesterday they know that “balancing” can and will happen - it’s the risk you take when spending real money.

I have screenshots of the Castle listing and of the 35% in each of my three City halls (they cannot be added here any way I know of...) i was very easy to look at the Castle bonuses in the castle itself.
I have reposted twice that I have two level15 Castles and a level14 Castle and had over level 13 in all three cities from the end of the first month the Castle was introduced. I had the 35% bonus
That I noticed the boost was missing from the Castle right after they removed the exclamation over castle for each added points. I did a ticket in which the response was no such thing existed..Gaslighting, after several upward levels in ticket finally after more gaslighting the response was that bonus was never supposed to be there. Which I again see only as gaslighting. instead if being straightforward and say they decided to change. Inno constantly attempted to claim it never existed, or it was a mistake from the start. Personally I believe they are claiming that to try and duck the fact they did a bait and switch, and are legally liable for doing so.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

I have screenshots of the Castle listing and of the 30% in each of my three City halls (they cannot be added here any way I know of...) i was very easy to look at the Castle bonuses in the castle itself.
I have reposted twice that I have two level15 Castles and a level14 Castle and had over level 13 in all three cities from the end of the first month the Castle was introduced. I had the 30% bonus( not 35%)
That I noticed the boost was missing from the Castle right after they removed the exclamation over castle for each added points. I did a ticket in which the response was no such thing existed..Gaslighting, after several upward levels in ticket finally after more gaslighting the response was that bonus was never supposed to be there. Which I again see only as gaslighting. instead if being straightforward and say they decided to change. Inno constantly attempted to claim it never existed, or it was a mistake from the start. Personally I believe they are claiming that to try and duck the fact they did a bait and switch, and are legally liable for doing so.
No one is saying it didn't happen, they're not saying it wasn't shown in game. They are saying no advertisement for diamonds advertised the boost. As we see with the latest posting, all they've ever advertised was diamonds + castle points. Which is what everyone who bought diamonds received.
We have some saying that it was a game changing imbalance and others saying it was a drop in the bucket and neither camp has one person in it that has a level 15 castle.
We have Inno saying it was a game changing imbalance and as a total of all the benefits a level 15 castle provides, the loss of the attack boost was low impact. I don't need a level 15 castle to read and follow along.

Agent327

We have some saying that it was a game changing imbalance and others saying it was a drop in the bucket and neither camp has one person in it that has a level 15 castle. A zero footprint 35% attack boost is a big deal.

Is it? You can use a 20% boost from your inventory and a 30% boost from your tavern. In the end, it hardly makes a difference. Not against your neighbours, not, like you seem to thinkin the PvP Arena, not on the continent map, not in GBG and certainly not in GvG.

The event building in the football event was a flop until they added 9 FP (SAV) to it. You can get 9 FP in about 8 seconds in GbG but it was still enough to tip the scales in many players books.

It wasn't a flop. We are all strugling with available space and with the stats it had, there was no reason to replace another building with it. The added fp's might have changed that for some.

All of this blasting back and forth is not convincing anybody to change their mind. What this boils down to is how each of us feels about the situation. If I did not lose the boost, it may not be a big to me and I may not see what all the fuss is about and that's ok. If I purchased diamonds with castlepoints as a bonus to solely get the boost, I might be upset if it is removed and that's ok too. Point is, you can't tell somebody how to feel about this. What is no big deal to me might be a big deal to you, and vice versa. If your point is that 35 points isn't a big deal, then why was it removed from the game? Because it is a big deal. Inno knows it too.

Ebeondi Asi

Is it? You can use a 20% boost from your inventory and a 30% boost from your tavern. In the end, it hardly makes a difference. Not against your neighbours, not, like you seem to thinkin the PvP Arena, not on the continent map, not in GBG and certainly not in GvG.

I would differ. Just to mention I have around 1750%A and 2000%D for stats for my army in all three cities. I certainly can notice the difference of adding the Tavern 30% and a 20% bottle.. when at high attrition. like 70+ Or in PvP when I'm killing some guy's army in Venus (I am in SAM) and he has over 1550% D for PvP troops.
When I am fighting level one GE? Or fighting some army from SAAB at any boost I have seen.. no it does not matter. if someone would manage to have 2000%A and 3000%D Boost in SAAB PvP it might become a challege!.. otherwise no it does not matter. LOL

Last edited: