• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Castle System Feedback

Agent327

If your point is that 35 points isn't a big deal, then why was it removed from the game? Because it is a big deal. Inno knows it too.

In my opinion as a player it was removed from the game, cause it was a bug. Inno never intended for it to be there. I have no inside information on this, but just look at it. Go through the levels, notice how evenly the permanent boosts increase and than all of a sudden there is an extra 35% boost at level 13. Does that seem logical to you? That's why it has been removed. That is also game balance.

Pericles the Lion

In my opinion as a player it was removed from the game, cause it was a bug. Inno never intended for it to be there. I have no inside information on this, but just look at it. Go through the levels, notice how evenly the permanent boosts increase and than all of a sudden there is an extra 35% boost at level 13. Does that seem logical to you? That's why it has been removed. That is also game balance.
If "bug" is defined as an unintentional programming mistake, then I guess it's a bug because INNO says that the extra 35% was not intended. What puzzles me is why did it take six months for them to figure this out? Players on the Beta Forum were discussing the extra attack boost back in July. In addition, can you explain why no announcement was made? Besides, of course, the post from LeCron that, IMO, only happened because I asked the question. If all of this were on the "up and up" INNO would have gotten out in front of this.

Ebeondi Asi

I My bad it was 35% all along. darn I am dumb.I looked at my screenshot in one city and yup it was 35%.
And the 35% was there for months as i they never noticed? I guarantee it was not a 'mistake/ t was some guy who decided after the fact, that he did not like it. who had the power to kill it. My guess (since it is all guessing) .is one of the guys who build Event Hub which was shot down decided to try to wreck the Castle a litle bit so he demanded something be cut becases the Castle was "too good' (unlike the Event hub which was trash from day one) and to appease the guy they allowed the 30% at level 13+ to be removed.. I am betting on it. Knowing corporate culture I almost guarantee it. LOL

Last edited:

As one of probably three people on FOE who admits to using money on the game, (yeah I see you guy with six Governors Mansions and no you didn't get all of those without spending some cash!), I have a little more insight into this because my complaint was escalated. Initially I was told it was a bug. When I questioned WHY DID IT TAKE 6 MONTHS TO DISCOVER, my case was escalated and I was told that they were sorry but that it was found to be too powerful a boost. It will not be coming back. I understand that. I guess it just would have been nice if the powers that be sent a personal email notifying those of us that it was going to effect apologizing for the screw up. As small gesture of compensation would be nice as well, but not necessary if the apology appeared to be sincere. Instead I found out about it only by looking at my stats and then it took me thirty minutes to figure out why my stats dropped 35 points overnight! The implication of no notification implies to me, and this is not up for debate, that Inno did not care enough about me as a consumer to notify me publically or privately about the change. They were happy to take and keep my money though. At least when they changed the Rails we were given notice that it was coming. Pericles is right, the extra boost was talked about in Beta and was active for 6 months before it was "discovered" and corrected. I believe that they realized at some point that this boost was too powerful at lower levels. At higher levels, maybe not so much. Maybe the Castle should have been staggered like some of the event buildings. At this point, it makes no difference. Peace, brother.

RazorbackPirate

If "bug" is defined as an unintentional programming mistake, then I guess it's a bug because INNO says that the extra 35% was not intended.
A bug is always an unintentional programming mistake. No one intends to make a programming mistake.
What puzzles me is why did it take six months for them to figure this out? Players on the Beta Forum were discussing the extra attack boost back in July.
Because it did? Maybe it took 6 months for there to be enough with the boost see the effect it was having and to reach the decision that, despite the blowback, they need to remove the boost from the game.
can you explain why no announcement was made?
Because very few were affected by the change? Why tell players they're removing a boost everyone except the spenders wouldn't have seen for 2 years? Better to deal with it one by one as the issue is raised to support, or make an announcement as needed when players come to the forum to cry it out.
If all of this were on the "up and up" INNO would have gotten out in front of this.
Ah, yes. More nefarious motives. What was there to get in front of? Even if they'd sent an in game message to all those with level 14 and 15 Castles, you still wouldn't have got the message as you're not affected. How many players even know the change happened? If unaffected, why do they need to know?
At this point, it makes no difference.
Fact check - TRUE

Johnny B. Goode

They were happy to take and keep my money though.
And this is where all of you are going wrong in your faulty argument. You paid for Diamonds. You got the Diamonds. They didn't take back the Diamonds, therefore you are owed no compensation. In addition to the Diamonds you paid for, you got free Castle points. An extra bonus that Inno initiated at no cost to players. As a result of the free Castle points, your Castle level was raised to the max, giving you many, many tangible resources and multiple boosts and cost reductions and time reductions of every sort. Again, at no cost to players. Then, as has happened many, many times in the game's history, Inno decided that there needed to be an adjustment for game balance. Sometimes they announce these, sometimes they don't. This time they didn't. So what. If your city is crippled by the loss of this minor boost, then you've got bigger problems. If the loss of this minor boost makes you quit to find a new game, bye Felicia. If it makes you stop buying Diamonds, good for you. I doubt that any regular spenders are going to let this blip slow their spending habits. And finally, if any of you actually did buy the Diamonds for the express purpose of getting that extra little boost, I have several investment opportunities I'd like to talk to you about.

Sharmon the Impaler

And this is where all of you are going wrong in your faulty argument. You paid for Diamonds. You got the Diamonds. They didn't take back the Diamonds, therefore you are owed no compensation. In addition to the Diamonds you paid for, you got free Castle points. An extra bonus that Inno initiated at no cost to players. As a result of the free Castle points, your Castle level was raised to the max, giving you many, many tangible resources and multiple boosts and cost reductions and time reductions of every sort. Again, at no cost to players. Then, as has happened many, many times in the game's history, Inno decided that there needed to be an adjustment for game balance. Sometimes they announce these, sometimes they don't. This time they didn't. So what. If your city is crippled by the loss of this minor boost, then you've got bigger problems. If the loss of this minor boost makes you quit to find a new game, bye Felicia. If it makes you stop buying Diamonds, good for you. I doubt that any regular spenders are going to let this blip slow their spending habits. And finally, if any of you actually did buy the Diamonds for the express purpose of getting that extra little boost, I have several investment opportunities I'd like to talk to you about.

Seriously dude what is up with you just disagreeing for disagreeing sake. If someone bought diamonds at that time and in enough quantity for the express purpose of getting the Castle leveled high enough BECAUSE it was listed as part of the bargain then they did not get the advertised deal. Stop calling people stupid for spending money on the game no matter the reason they spend it for.

Emberguard

And finally, if any of you actually did buy the Diamonds for the express purpose of getting that extra little boost, I have several investment opportunities I'd like to talk to you about.
I was seriously considering going back to buying diamonds for it at the time. And yes it would have been purely for the castle. Didn't end up buying. But hey, what's those investment opportunities of yours?

Johnny B. Goode

for the castle.
For the Castle, yes. But not merely for that extra boost. That is my point. All these people are making it sound like that boost is the only reason they spent $1600 on Diamonds. And that losing that one little boost is a major catastrophe. It's rather pathetic, really. I bet they really hate it when their internet speeds never match what companies advertise. And that actually is something that they pay directly for, unlike this boost.

Ebeondi Asi

So far not one person made any sort of claim it was a mortal wound. the premise is it was offered, people paid to get it.it was sneakily taken out. End of story. that is the complaint.
Seem certain other players need to escalate what is said so they can some how prove they know better? is not gonna cut it

Emberguard

Yes I do. Nobody pays $1600 for a 35% attack boost in a computer game where regular players have attack boost in the several 100% to well over 1000%.
No, you don’t. There was only one reason I was considering it at all, and that’s because it was pointed out to me that the stat doubles at lvl 13.

Yes diamonds would come as a matter of course, but ultimately it’d be the attacking boost that would be the deciding factor on whether lvl 13 is the goal or just settle for a lower level. And yes I decided in the end it wouldn’t be worth going for that. But it still would have been the driving factor if I had done so

to say a major milestone like that wouldn’t be why people went for it would be like saying you don’t go for a arc lvl 80 to get 1.9 when you could stop at lvl 60-70

Sharmon the Impaler

Yes I do. Nobody pays $1600 for a 35% attack boost in a computer game where regular players have attack boost in the several 100% to well over 1000%.

Many people spent 6 months slogging through Vikings for 5% less attack. If you have a portfolio that makes 1000s per day 1600$ would be a pittance compared to 6 months if you find the Viking settlement tedious. It being a pittance doesn't mean that you don't care about getting short changed after the fact. Remember that there is only 1 "I" in each person's existence. It begins with 1 "I" and it ends with 1 "I" and you can never know this "I" as well as you know your own.

You are one angry and unhappy man. So sorry we have upset you. You run on and on about this like it affected you personally. I am pretty sure the moderator stated earlier that we should feel free to express our opinions about this. So some of us have. You don’t agree. Bully for you. But man you got some kind of need to be right. So much so that you keep running with the same old tired lines. As I said earlier today, it’s hard to take you seriously when IT DID NOT EFFECT you. You did not buy in. So it’s hard to take you seriously. Very hard. But please. Keep running your mouth if it makes you feel better about yourself. Your OPINION is simply that. YOUR OPINION. Not real sure what’s going on in RL but bullying people online you don’t know is not gonna make it any better. And I am way too old and way to over this to take any more abuse from the likes of you. So good luck and B, Good.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I think the issue was either discovered and/or decided to be rebalanced when the developers...
started working on the update to Castle System that was announced on beta yesterday. Go look at that forum if you have any interest in upcoming spoilers for what is changing.

Emberguard

Many people spent 6 months slogging through Vikings for 5% less attack. If you have a portfolio that makes 1000s per day 1600$ would be a pittance compared to 6 months if you find the Viking settlement tedious. It being a pittance doesn't mean that you don't care about getting short changed after the fact. Remember that there is only 1 "I" in each person's existence. It begins with 1 "I" and it ends with 1 "I" and you can never know this "I" as well as you know your own.
Also the argument of $1,600 inherently assumes those aiming for lvl 13 even bothered to do the math on what the total cost would amount to and didn’t just go “shiny new toy
smiling-face-with-heart-eyes_1f60d.png
". Obviously some did, but I doubt everyone going for lvl 13 looked at the price tag for total cost

Ebeondi Asi

Buying Diamonds for the castle? Yes. I wrote it is a good investment if you buy Diamonds anyway. The fact of just the daily Forge Points alone (if you think of their Diamond cost per...) the Forge Points added to City from Castle daily add up to more than the Diamond purchase cost in just a few months. Plus the best part is you still have all your Diamonds! Add in the Boost and other perks and for the usual Diamond buyer it make sense to bulk up early,rather than hold off buying only when you need the Diamonds.

RazorbackPirate

Buying Diamonds for the castle? Yes. I wrote it is a good investment if you buy Diamonds anyway. The fact of just the daily Forge Points alone (if you think of their Diamond cost per...) the Forge Points added to City from Castle daily add up to more than the Diamond purchase cost in just a few months. Plus the best part is you still have all your Diamonds! Add in the Boost and other perks and for the usual Diamond buyer it make sense to bulk up early,rather than hold off buying only when you need the Diamonds.
Thank you for confirming my premise that all the Castle Points offer did was pull diamond purchases forward in time. "Bulk up early" as you put it. I also like how you then proceed to tell us how valuable it is even without the extra boost, "just the daily FPs alone." Sucks to lose a boost, but hardly the "sky is falling" moment folks have made it out to be.