• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Castle System Feedback

Ebeondi Asi

Then you do care, you just care to have "Items that don't last long"
I as I wrote like to buy the 24hr military 30% boost.Since it the only thing of all Tavern boosts I think is worth buying. Except for multiple Tavern boost needs.. then I go with the 4 hr Coin. Though I now realize I might also be better off with the short time Negotiation boots? thanks for getting my sluggish brain to think of that !

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

I as I wrote like to buy the 24hr military 30% boost.Since it the only thing of all Tavern boosts I think is worth buying. Except for multiple Tavern boost needs.. then I go with the 4 hr Coin. Though I now realize I might also be better off with the short time Negotiation boos? thanks for getting my sluggish brain to think of that !

Ditto here , the coins X 4hours for the multiple boost quest and the extra turns when GE is active(this is not available when GE isn't active) for getting the minimum required silver spent

RazorbackPirate

I as I wrote like to buy the 24hr military 30% boost.Since it the only thing of all Tavern boosts I think is worth buying. Except for multiple Tavern boost needs.. then I go with the 4 hr Coin. Though I now realize I might also be better off with the short time Negotiation boos? thanks for getting my sluggish brain to think of that !
You're best off with whatever boost you want to buy. They key is to buy the boost before you select your chest so you get no tasks to buy boosts or spend silver from the DC.

Shortest, cheapest, most useful, it doesn't matter. All that matters is you buy one, any one, before you choose your daily chest.

Flavius Belisarius

So when a quest asks you to spend X amount of silver you now have to spend more silver because your Castle benefit has lowered the price of Tavern Boosts. Your solution is pend more silver than you did before the Castle came into play.

RazorbackPirate

So when a quest asks you to spend X amount of silver you now have to spend more silver because your Castle benefit has lowered the price of Tavern Boosts. Your solution is pend more silver than you did before the Castle came into play.
No, YOU have to spend more Silver. Me, I control my DCs and don't get those tasks.

Pericles the Lion

No, YOU have to spend more Silver. Me, I control my DCs and don't get those tasks.
So, you are buying a coin boost every day (190 silver @ L5) to avoid getting tavern tasks in the DC? Maybe you are saving silver...maybe not. Your insurance policy might just be costing you more than just buying 2 boosts like Agent327 suggests.

Agent327

It isn't a solution. It is a way not to spend diamonds. I never spend the exact amount asked to start with. I agree with you that it isn't a benefit and I doubt they saw this one coming, but I do not see an easy way to fix this, other then to remove these type of quests.

Johnny B. Goode

Tavern silver is one of the least used and most abundant resources in the game for all but the newest players, so spending more silver to fulfill a quest is hardly cause for alarm. Even the newest players shouldn't have much of a problem with "spend Tavern silver" quests unless they just don't have any friends. Seriously, of all the things in this game to complain about, this is the most ridiculous. I remember numerous players begging for more ways to spend Tavern silver because it was just piling up. Even as casually as I play these days, I have an abundance of Tavern silver in all of my established cities. And in my not-yet-established cities, I fulfill these quests by upgrading the Tavern chairs/tablecloths/seats/floor. Easy peasy.

Flavius Belisarius

Tavern silver is one of the least used and most abundant resources in the game for all but the newest players, so spending more silver to fulfill a quest is hardly cause for alarm. Even the newest players shouldn't have much of a problem with "spend Tavern silver" quests unless they just don't have any friends. Seriously, of all the things in this game to complain about, this is the most ridiculous. I remember numerous players begging for more ways to spend Tavern silver because it was just piling up. Even as casually as I play these days, I have an abundance of Tavern silver in all of my established cities. And in my not-yet-established cities, I fulfill these quests by upgrading the Tavern chairs/tablecloths/seats/floor. Easy peasy.
Yes it is a minor issue for you and obviously someone must be foolish to point out a glitch in a supposed "benefit".
Yes, there are work arounds that can be employed to avoid this new benefit.
It's commendable that some have pointed out ways to overcome this benefit, but overcoming a benefit doesn't sound like what the developers thought they were creating in an otherwise useful mechanic, the Castle.
I do believe INNO does care about its content and as foolish as it may seem, inconsistencies or unintended consequences should be pointed out.

Lord Pest

Agree. The secret to having plenty of tavern silver is to have a decently leveled ToR and to do all 64 encounters in GE each week. I have over 1 million tavern silver in SAM age. I‘m luck if I find an item in the AD that I want even once a week. When I do see something to bid on I dont mind over paying if it means I get an item that to me is more valuable than the tavern silver I just spent.

Pickleweasel

Agree. The secret to having plenty of tavern silver is to have a decently leveled ToR and to do all 64 encounters in GE each week. I have over 1 million tavern silver in SAM age. I‘m luck if I find an item in the AD that I want even once a week. When I do see something to bid on I dont mind over paying if it means I get an item that to me is more valuable than the tavern silver I just spent.

Tavern Silver is not the same as Antiques Dealer coins.

Johnny B. Goode

Yes it is a minor issue for you and obviously someone must be foolish to point out a glitch in a supposed "benefit".
I would wager that it is a minor issue, if an issue at all, for most players. And if it isn't a minor issue, then they've got more problems than these quests.
Yes, there are work arounds that can be employed to avoid this new benefit.
I use no "work arounds". When a quest asks me to "spend x Tavern silver", that's what I do. If you consider using it for an upgrade rather than a boost to be a "work around", then you're reading more into the quest than what is there.
It's commendable that some have pointed out ways to overcome this benefit, but overcoming a benefit doesn't sound like what the developers thought they were creating in an otherwise useful mechanic, the Castle.
Overcoming a benefit? Way to look at it, Eeyore. Do you honestly have such a shortage of Tavern silver that this is even a minor inconvenience? If so, then this "glitch", as you call it, is the least of your worries. Not to mention that you have no idea what the developers are or were thinking. You're projecting your thought process onto them with no information to support it.
I do believe INNO does care about its content and as foolish as it may seem, inconsistencies or unintended consequences should be pointed out.
How is it an inconsistency? What is it inconsistent with? Is there another game mechanic where a boost lowers the cost of something and quests were adjusted to account for it? Not that I'm aware of. And, again, you have no idea if this consequence is unintended. Theoretically, this could be Inno's response to all the complaints about loads of Tavern silver with not enough to spend it on. You don't know, and neither does anyone else here.

Ebeondi Asi

This is a symptom like "The Princess and the Pea" sort of problem. Life is so good that theri s nothing to complain abut except the tiniest things. And those apparently grow into giant mountains of irritation to some people, as if they cannot fixate on anything else... just like the Pea Princess. LOL
So yes the tiny insignificant fact a few Tavern boosts no longer match the amounts one used to be available to take them for is a staggering problem for some (apparently). May I suggest taking some Valium? Or get stupifyingly drunk, so you can still function in the game with that hanging over your head?

RazorbackPirate

So, you are buying a coin boost every day (190 silver @ L5) to avoid getting tavern tasks in the DC? Maybe you are saving silver...maybe not. Your insurance policy might just be costing you more than just buying 2 boosts like Agent327 suggests.
It doesn't matter. Even buying a boost every day, my tavern Silver grows every day. I also don't buy the coin boost. It's typically a 24 hour supply boost.

Last edited:

Emberguard

While it won't break the bank for my city, I agree it is bad design to have the castle reward make it harder to complete quests.

The reduced cost is meant to ease the burden for those that are into tavern boosts, not increase it. So it won't impact those who are already developed and no longer require the tavern, but it absolutely will make a difference for those that are constantly using the tavern outside of quests.

The question in mind then becomes is the offset on reduced cost enough to mitigate the increased cost in quests?

Base costs here: https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Friends_Tavern

My guess is probably not for a while. Would need to sit down and figure out the exact cost reductions and consequences to then work out a estimate of what you'd need to be spending on the regular to offset the quests on each Castle Level