• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Castle System Feedback

MariB64

It will show up when it shows up. And the tutorial referred to in the announcement is the game tutorial you get when you start a new city, not one specific to the Castle System.
So if we've been playing for awhile then, even though I don't remember a tutorial, we won't need to do one as we've most likely already done one, right?

Johnny B. Goode

I see...so I guess the tutorial will come back to everybody after the Castle System comes into play? Thanks, Johnny!
No, if you're already past the tutorial, the Castle System will show up for you immediately when it's activated. The tutorial won't come back. That part of the announcement was talking about when it will show up for new players or for a player starting a new city on a different world.

Arya66

It sounds like a good thing and seems like it'll be fun so I'm looking forward to see it and getting started. I love that it may encourage more members in guilds participation in the GE's. Wish it would include incentives to participate the battleground too though.

Battleground does... It does not matter where you fight (or negotiate). You will be rewarded with Castle Points (until you've done 15).

GeniePower

Now back to the real feedback:
CP for up to 15 battles: clear. I would have preferred to see battles in different sections (PvP,GBG,GvG,hood) rewarded separately for a certain number of fights to increase participation
CP for up to 15 negotiations. Where are players going to get 15 negotiations per day on days between GBG when they haven't reached the space ages yet? You can get points for something that isn't available to you. There should be negs available to players outside GBG to enable them to participate.
CP for GE big encounters. Perfect!
CP for AD purchases/auctions. Too bad. AD does exactly what it's name says: it offers antiques that in general no one wants. It's very rare that I find anything on the shelf or in the auction that I want. Things I would want aren't available in AD because they're not antique yet.
CP for daily quests and challenger's chest. Perfect!
CP for diamond purchases. Understandable but irrelevant to me

No CP for tons of other daily actions like contributing to GB, aiding, anything tavern related, trading, treasury donation, etc

Wwwoodchuck

I am on the new World, Carthage. We had someone purchase the large diamond package and receive 10,000 Castle points. Their Castle is at level 7 and they received all the one time rewards for up to that level. They are in HMA. Another person says they received points for purchasing FP for the bar. They are in LMA. Someone else claims they received them up to a ‘hard cap’ of 10,000 castle points for PvP tower. They are in LMA. I purchased FP and received no Castle Points, I am in IA.

Is it known what any of the triggers are or if there are age/technology restrictions?

KingLear13

Now back to the real feedback:
CP for up to 15 battles: clear. I would have preferred to see battles in different sections (PvP,GBG,GvG,hood) rewarded separately for a certain number of fights to increase participation
CP for up to 15 negotiations. Where are players going to get 15 negotiations per day on days between GBG when they haven't reached the space ages yet? You can get points for something that isn't available to you. There should be negs available to players outside GBG to enable them to participate.
CP for GE big encounters. Perfect!
CP for AD purchases/auctions. Too bad. AD does exactly what it's name says: it offers antiques that in general no one wants. It's very rare that I find anything on the shelf or in the auction that I want. Things I would want aren't available in AD because they're not antique yet.
CP for daily quests and challenger's chest. Perfect!
CP for diamond purchases. Understandable but irrelevant to me

No CP for tons of other daily actions like contributing to GB, aiding, anything tavern related, trading, treasury donation, etc

Regarding achieving the 15 daily negotiation requirement to earn those CP, does the following seem reasonable?

* Negotiate 15 battles, instead of fighting, when in GBG season since every age seems to have a negotiation option. This also means negotiating after the final day (Sunday night or Monday morning depending upon which time zone you are in) of GBG reset (midnight server time) and before GBG (8AM server time).
* Somewhat slow play GE to negotiate at least 15 times each on Tuesday and Wednesday, before the new GBG season starts Thursday. Or, really slow play GE over 4+ days (to take advantage of tavern bought negotiation extra turn each day).

This assumes a player does GE64, GBG and has enough tavern silver to buy the extra turn (if want, since not technically needed)

GeniePower

does the following seem reasonable?
Doing 15 negs in GE in those 3 days, apart from not wanting to because I'm a fighter and I don't want to spend the goods if I can fight it for free, will either cost medals for extra tries or 2 tavern boosts per day. Not feasible for an early age player.
Sunday evening in GBG, I'm west coast so Monday morning is not an option, it varies if there's anything available or everything is locked until after I go to bed.

KingLear13

Doing 15 negs in GE in those 3 days, apart from not wanting to because I'm a fighter and I don't want to spend the goods if I can fight it for free, will either cost medals for extra tries or 2 tavern boosts per day. Not feasible for an early age player.
Sunday evening in GBG, I'm west coast so Monday morning is not an option, it varies if there's anything available or everything is locked until after I go to bed.

Agreed, an early age player may not have or want to spend their small amounts of the required goods to get those CP through negotiation. If goods are not much of an issue, then not spending medals and tavern silver means waiting for the free attempts, which depends on how quickly someone wants to play.

For more advance players, then it is a matter of the choices to make to earn more CP or not. Like you, I prefer going through GE64 fighting as fast as possible (~1 hour, spending medals). However, today started to slow play to max CP, thinking the tactics detailed above will work. I may revert back, it will depend upon the value of the rewards and if the timing of achieving them is worth it.