• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Castle System Feedback

Pickleweasel

Where do you see these exact numbers? I see the points for the negotiations in GE, but not for battles.

You would see them in the same place. It sounds you like met your 15 battle quota in other parts of the game before the 15 negotiations were completed.

Lankybrit

The Castle System is awesome. Here's why. It's a huge incentive to do GBG. You can fight and negotiate in GBG and get all those juicy Castle Points. I've never done as much GBG on my 7 worlds as I have since the Castle System went live.

Zatrikon

You would see them in the same place. It sounds you like met your 15 battle quota in other parts of the game before the 15 negotiations were completed.
The same place as what? The attack screen does not look the same as the negotiation screen. I've never seen any little silver banner on an attack screen, like there is on the negotiation screen - even when the new day starts and I haven't even done any battles yet.

Sharmon the Impaler

The same place as what? The attack screen does not look the same as the negotiation screen. I've never seen any little silver banner on an attack screen, like there is on the negotiation screen - even when the new day starts and I haven't even done any battles yet.

I don't negotiate but it definitely gave me my 15 for fights today

RazorbackPirate

I don't negotiate but it definitely gave me my 15 for fights today
Since you were hitting that prior to the Castle System, it's a bit of a non-issue for you.

If you were going to negotiate for points as well, or those not looking to grind 15 fights/negotiations per day, I'll drop this here. While there are over-achievers who will be driven to grab every point every day, for those like me who aren't, 7 fights/negotiations seems to be the sweet spot. 70% of the loot from 46.7% of the total you could do each day.

Your mileage may vary.

Fight/Negotiation​
Points per Fight/Negotiation​
Total Points Earned​
Percent Total Points Earned​
1303012.5%
2285824.2%
3268435%
42410845%
52213054.2%
62015062.5%
71816870%
81618476.7%
91419882.5%
101221087.5%
111022091.7%
128228.95%
13623497.5%
14423899.2%
152240100%

Pumbaa the Great

I broke my own rule and didn't have a boost running when I selected the DC chest today. I got a Spend 2500 Tavern Silver task. No problem I think, that's the cost of a 24 hour Supply Boost, which is the one I buy anyway, but... big problem.

With my Castle now at an impressive level 1, I forgot about the equally impressive 1% reduction in the cost of Tavern Boosts. Meaning, I bought a 24 hour Supply Boost, thinking I would fulfill the task, but no! I'm 25 Tavern Silver short of the goal, with a 24 hour boost running. No DC today for me! :oops:

Break my own rule and it bites me in the behind. I won't be doing that again.
If you forget and break your own rule, maybe run a 15 min extra GE or a 30 min attack boost. Than run your supply boost.

Tytan the Great

Are the 15 fights and 15 negotiations daily the only tasks limited by day? All other ways to earn castle coins are done as we play normally, like winning auctions and doing GE, right? These 15 and 15 I will be actively trying to do daily, everything else I will just play like normal and let it be. I’m doing most of the daily challenges anyway. Overall, I like this. It’s not complicated, doesn’t require some out of the way gameplay, and some decent rewards.

LoveNkind

Because this has been answered numerous times. Please read the thread before posting questions. Asked and answered numerous times.
tutorial has been asked numerous times and will be asked again because the announcement said your castle would work after tutorial and I didn't see a tutorial and I had the same question. I expect devs will be more careful in future announcements.

LoveNkind

The numbers came back, maybe after I leveled my castle? So I fought a battle. But now the numbers are gone again, even though the fights are still adding points. I think it may be a visual bug.
I only get fight castle points as a surprise except in the Big GE attempts. Those tell me attack points and negotiation points. I feel a bit bullied about which to do.

LoveNkind

When I got 500 castle points and upgraded to a level 1 castle, I got a pretty little building and I loved it. I eagerly looked forward to upgrading to level 2. But when I got it, I could not tell the difference. I compared my level 2 castle on Langendorn to the level 1 I have in Korch and went over and over and over them, and failed to spot a difference.
So I looked at the announcement. I won't see any change until level four. I hope your darling artist is working on it and an upgrade will make all the first four different, and then later upgrades do a few more.

UBERhelp1

After you've finished a battle, the screen that shows where your ranking is in the PvP tower. There's a small banner there.

Xenosaur

Slow playing GE hurts the guild in a competitive week, so I wouldn't throttle it for CP.

This is the crux of the issue, thank you for articulating it.

We are GE 35 gold and just became 1 silver, having our first loss last week when a team we were playing that was 123 and 0 beat us in 8 hours to 133.33%, and we took 9. Tough loss, but... this was before CASTLE became live.

Now - we have to decide to start a new "run" for the gold again, picking up from our 35 and continuing.

However, it's a huge decision how to play this - because we're going to be at a random crossroad again for fast winning, and that goes directly against personal interest for members to "slow go" GE to maximize personal gains from Castle.

Are there any guilds with "stellar" gold records and how are you going to balance the needs of the guild (or old desires to be gold cup winners each week and win 133.33% races...) vs members that are on record saying - ah... for me, Castle comes first and I'll help if it doesn't interfere with that. Would you give up your perfect gold cup record (rather: retire it), so that people can focus on their personal rewards inside of the GE system?

You know it only takes 1 to not achieve 133.33%, that's how leveraged that game is for teamwork.

I guess the bigger questions is: Could INNO I N N O V A T E and not destroy the teamwork aspect of fast-winning GE, and allow Castle and traditional goals of GE to exist mutually, vs antagonistically?

Sharmon the Impaler

We are GE 35 gold and just became 1 silver, having our first loss last week when a team we were playing that was 123 and 0 beat us in 8 hours to 133.33%, and we took 9. Tough loss, but... this was before CASTLE became live.

Now - we have to decide to start a new "run" for the gold again, picking up from our 35 and continuing.

However, it's a huge decision how to play this - because we're going to be at a random crossroad again for fast winning, and that goes directly against personal interest for members to "slow go" GE to maximize personal gains from Castle.

Are there any guilds with "stellar" gold records and how are you going to balance the needs of the guild (or old desires to be gold cup winners each week and win 133.33% races...) vs members that are on record saying - ah... for me, Castle comes first and I'll help if it doesn't interfere with that. Would you give up your perfect gold cup record (rather: retire it), so that people can focus on their personal rewards inside of the GE system?

You know it only takes 1 to not achieve 133.33%, that's how leveraged that game is for teamwork.

I guess the bigger questions is: Could INNO I N N O V A T E and not destroy the teamwork aspect of fast-winning GE, and allow Castle and traditional goals of GE to exist mutually, vs antagonistically?

We do GE races in our guild as well and have the same problem with the conflict of guild best interest and member best interest. This was prior to the castle and mostly negotiation charges on the Space Carrier. I expect that the Castle will add to the conundrum but we try to make the finish times dynamic to give members the most time to collect the nego rewards. A good fighter can finish GE in 15 minutes but the charges are only 15/day with the SC maxed out. After GBG opens up on Thursday morning its an all out get GE done but some guilds finish it before then.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

I'm the rare player who thinks guilds exist to serve the interests of their members, not the other way around. With a shiny new thing just introduced, your members have made it clear they want to focus on the shiny new thing, not the same old, same old.

Given the nature of the Castle point system, after most of your members are level 7 or so, the cost of each level will be such that it doesn't make as much sense to chase it, as it does on the lower levels. In my experience, highly competitive weeks are a rarity, you may have better luck rallying the troops in a few months.

In some ways, this is no different than expecting members who've not placed all their Medal expansions to blow their entire wad on a competitive week. Something I always felt was unrealistic for something that has no fundamental impact on the members. Where does one go to see your streak anyway?

You can still encourage 133.33% participation by the end of GE, but it sounds like, at least for the time being, expecting it to be done in 8 hours is unreasonable. This is where leadership needs to defer to the members. Let them have their shiny new thing for a while. It will tarnish soon enough.

Xenosaur

RP thanks for your thoughts. The guild's record for GE is in the guild's profile.

Not to extol the guild's virtues, but we (and it sounds like you, too..) try to be exceedingly transparent and member inclusive directly, especially on strategic issues. I just wanted to hear what others are doing or if they'e considered it. I also wanted to suggest if Inno possibly would not take the fun of assembling a strong team that excels at GE to win - from day 1, and leave GE fast-winning as a goals intact - without the desire to "brake" play because of personal goal conflict.

Essentially - leave the GE design alone and not penalize Castle users for fast-accomplishments.

It just debases team concepts in a venerable game institution like GE. I am sure the goals of winning GE fast and Castle can be tweaked so that they do not collide as they seem to do now. I think Castle should dovetail into GE so that both goals, members and guild, can work harmoniously without sacrifice or settling for mediocrity, or worse - banality.

I wonder if that would boster Castle, vs having people and guilds make serious choices.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

The problem is your problem. Not Inno's. There are many tradeoffs in Foe. This is just one more. And I agree with Razorback that soon this will all be a moot point as the Castle levels go up and folks realize the Castle is another very long haul part of Foe.
And the choice of individual needs vs Guild need (or the leaders desires) is a player problem to solve. And yes it is a bit like the Space Carrier and Negotiations. The Castle points for 15 negotiations just add to the incentive to do Negotiations.
I think it is a wise play by Inno to cause this conundrum for Guilds that were racing to 133.3 in GE. Give them something new to chew.
Plus Guilds an also do Negotiations in GbG. find a way there to use the Negotiations each day.

RazorbackPirate

I wonder if that would boster Castle, vs having people and guilds make serious choices.
Why should this be any different than any other feature introduced? This is a strategy game. People and guilds should have to make serious choices, otherwise - banality.
I also wanted to suggest if Inno possibly would not take the fun of assembling a strong team that excels at GE to win - from day 1, and leave GE fast-winning as a goals intact - without the desire to "brake" play because of personal goal conflict.

Essentially - leave the GE design alone and not penalize Castle users for fast-accomplishments.
GE's fundamental design is to penalize users for fast accomplishments. One encounter per hour, 24 encounters per day, which means about 16 encounters per day for free. Then an exponential increase in the cost of additional attempts.

Finishing GE on autobattle in a few hours is a game for the rich. One engaged in by late game players with resources to burn. Great if your entire guild is there, not so great, when rich guild leaders expect poorer members to forgo their personal goals because the rich kids expect them to keep up. No digital trinket and bragging rights is worth that.
It just debases team concepts in a venerable game institution like GE. I am sure the goals of winning GE fast and Castle can be tweaked so that they do not collide as they seem to do now. I think Castle should dovetail into GE so that both goals, members and guild, can work harmoniously without sacrifice or settling for mediocrity, or worse - banality.
If the Castle system collides, medals collided as well. How do you handle the medal issue? Why should this be different?

GeniePower

When I got 500 castle points and upgraded to a level 1 castle, I got a pretty little building and I loved it. I eagerly looked forward to upgrading to level 2. But when I got it, I could not tell the difference. I compared my level 2 castle on Langendorn to the level 1 I have in Korch and went over and over and over them, and failed to spot a difference.
So I looked at the announcement. I won't see any change until level four. I hope your darling artist is working on it and an upgrade will make all the first four different, and then later upgrades do a few more.
This is basically with the tavern also that it only changes every 3 or so ages