• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Castle System Feedback

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
Thank you everyone for sharing your feelings and input about this matter.

Please, keep being polite to each other and respecting the forum rules so we can continue enjoying a positive and constructive opportunity to provide feedback.

Our position about this matter remains, and we'll let you know if it ever changes in the future.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

dpghost

How are they deceptive? When you signed up for an account you accepted the ToS. They tell you upfront something like this can happen and you clearly accepted that cause you are here now. Only thing deceptive here is you convincing yourself Inno has deceived you and the funny thing about that is that your castle is not even high enough to be effected by any of this.
I think that the ToS should be posted in front of any mail or message that we receive from Inno
We need to be remembered every time we decide to do something, that the developers tend to go back on their word, usually after they determine the players to pursue some exploit.
There is a long list of nerfed benefits...
It would be fair to be remembered every time they spur us to go in direction, that they nerf things afterwards

Ebeondi Asi

I only know of two nerfs. Hover tanks early on nerfed big time. and this 35% at level 13+ So what else was cut? I would like to see the claim of endless nerfing? (I do not consider the Event Hub drop a nerf. more like a favor!)
for my own little joys. I just reached Castle level 15 in two cities.. Yeah !!!!!
(still one at 14... need ~135,000 there. )

Last edited:

dpghost

well, the latest I do recall is the cap on Chateau Frontenac recurrent quests up to 2000 aborts per day, and that was after we leveled for years the CF
just saying that the ToS should be remembered to all players every time the Inno team reaches out for our pockets

BruteForceAttack

Who would have spent anyway. Sure, folks liked the bonus when they got there, but no one bought diamonds specifically for the Castle Points. If anything, all they did was shift already planned purchases forward in time. Buy diamonds, get Castle Points free. That's how it was sold, that's what folks bought, that's what folks got. No Castle Points were taken away and the diamonds still spent.

Bellyaching for effect, hoping for an underserved freebie in the wake.

One of my guild member purchaed diamonds so that they can get castle to mx quickly. And no they didnt need diamonds or planned to buy, because they already had more than 500k diamonds. So yes there are folks in this game spend money because according to them it is "just" money.

RazorbackPirate

One of my guild member purchaed diamonds so that they can get castle to mx quickly. And no they didnt need diamonds or planned to buy, because they already had more than 500k diamonds. So yes there are folks in this game spend money because according to them it is "just" money.
Fair enough, but where are they? Given they are one seemingly affected, how do they feel about it? Seems those complaining loudest aren't even affected.

Ebeondi Asi

I have two Castles at level 15 and one at level 14. so i am affected. My Castles have been at least at level 13 since after the first month it was around. And I have had the 35% bonus all that time. Up until it was snatched away with no warning. just gone.
Inno took the 35% attack boost out of my 3 Cities with no warning. Weeks earlier I sent a bug report that the 30% vanished from the Castle's listed rewards, which got responses like no such thing existed, escalated, escalate again, then finally they said it was a mistake and never was really a part of the Castle rewards.. ???
So endless gaslighting.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

No you don't. No one is going to spend that kind of money then walk away over the loss of a minor boost.
You may be right. However, they might just stop buying diamonds like I did after the "Heal All" debacle. Furthermore, players that did not buy diamonds to level this new feature may think twice when INNO introduces the next new thing.

RazorbackPirate

You may be right. However, they might just stop buying diamonds like I did after the "Heal All" debacle.
Maybe, but then again, they likely already stopped anyway. I'm not sure how many Diamonds $1600 buys, but I would expect that number would keep you set for quite a while. As I said, if anything, all the Castle did was pull purchases forward. I would expect it may take a while before they'll need Diamonds again.

It's not the same thing anyway. Even if they don't, so what? Inno doesn't care as much about the individual, as it does the aggregate. While you stopped purchasing, how many new players started buying, never knowing about the latest dust up that has you up in arms. Now that they've fixed your issue, have you resumed the spending you held out as ransom?
Furthermore, players that did not buy diamonds to level this new feature may think twice when INNO introduces the next new thing.
You mean like me, who has never bought diamonds? Someone who, not being at Level 14, had no clue what this dust up was about until those of you not affected jumped on here to avenge the wrong of people who seem not to care enough to come around to comment.

But let's indulge again. What's your solution Don Quixote? Inno just leaves the imbalance in the game to it's long term detriment? Genius business case.

So where does that leave us with? The same place we are today with a company who made a mistake, corrected their mistake, which then generated a small vocal freak-out by the usual suspects assigning all kinds of nefarious motives to Inno for the audacity of making an error. So offended for those who don't care. The nerve!

That pretty much recaps the issue, yes?

Last edited:

Agent327

Furthermore, players that did not buy diamonds to level this new feature may think twice when INNO introduces the next new thing.

A new world and people wanted to be the best on that world, so they spend $1600 to be the best. Sure, those are the ones that will think twice next time. Next time nobody wants to be the best.

And all of this because of a 35% attack boost where all indignation is coming from players that never had it to start with, but all "know" a player that has been effected by it. Could it be that the players who had it and now have lost it already realised that 35% isn't that big of a deal and if needed tavern and inventory boosts can be used?

Ebeondi Asi

When fighting is everything... an additional 35% matters a lot. To get 30% i am willing to spend endless time slogging through Viking settlement over and over and over. The Castle extra 35% at level 13 boost was a nice bonus attack boost. The only players who don't care are those who never fight hard or who think they will never get to Castle level 13 anyway!
There are many Era where fighting is 'poor' and a few Eras where fighting is amazing if you have enough boost. Also you might need to be in a Guild good enough to make GbG great. If you never actually do a few thousand fights a season, 30% added boost might make you yawn. Sorry you are missing out.
And yes it is about 35% boost. and also about integrity. I would guess some middle managers who have neveer played Foe made the decision to nerf the Castle. Thy do not even think player, they just see players as some statistic.

Last edited:
I have read through a lot of this and can appreaciate several points that have been made by many with differing opinions. In my mind, it boils down to this: Inno advertised an additional attack boost that was granted from levels 13-15 of the Castle system. It was advertised as a "permanent" boost. I understand that they can change their mind and where I might not agree with them doing so, I accept their decision to make the change to "fix" what they perceived to be broken.

Having said that, it was a perk advertised to entice players to advance in the Levels of the Castle System, some more rapidly than others. Had that additional boost not been there, I am not certain I would have run my Castle up past 12. HOWEVER, it was a product that was advertised for a price and once that price was paid, the product was in essence purchased. It would be like a restaurant offering a free dessert with the purchase of any entree and then once you had received the dessert, management comes to the table and states that you can no longer have the dessert because they don't have enough for everyone in the restaurant.

It just sucks. I could understand if this were a huge boost, but 30 points is not that big of a deal. This won't make me quit the game but believe me when I say I will be very gun shy moving forward to purchase anything with money for fear that what I purchase will be modified or taken away. In essence, Buyer Beware. Lesson learned. You can certainly disagree with me if you want, but it is not going to change my feelings about the situation.

PRODUCT OFFERED.........PRODUCT PURCHASED........PRODUCT TAKE BACK WITH NO COMPENSATION WHICH EQUALS POOR FORM.......