• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

CE Tech block

Jern2017

I'm in the PME. I've reached the CE tech block (research Stress Management). Yesterday, I went ahead and conquered the TE Continent Map to get more expansions. I got three TE side quests: Gadgeteer (which I aborted as it required me to produce TE resources), one that I completed but can't remember its name and a third one called Media Control from which I received a Surveillance Nexus.

I was under the impression that while story quests are tied to your progress on the Continent Map and side quests are triggered by your progress in story quests. I was wrong and now I'm wondering if it's possible to get TE/FE units from side quests while being tech blocked in the CE.

DevaCat

"Hijacking your thread"?! what on earth? First of all, he was replying to a question with a related answer. How was it related? They both were about getting above your era units.
Hijacking in the sense that @Jern2017 s question is about eras above those discussed in every post that follows. All of those are beside the point, and not responsive to the op. Np, and not unusual. But a search would answer all the questions in this thread.

Happy hunting! :D

Jern2017

Hijacking in the sense that @Jern2017 s question is about eras above those discussed in every post that follows. All of those are beside the point, and not responsive to the op. Np, and not unusual. But a search would answer all the questions in this thread.

Happy hunting! :D

I searched, but couldn't find a thread that would satisfy my curiosity. As I said, I was under the impression you can't get any kind of higher age quests once you reach that tech block.

I kinda like the look of that Surveillance Nexus in my PME city, but it's big and useless, so I'll get rid of it as soon as I need more space. :)

-Sebastian-

Quests. I had the bonus quest, which got me a few, and I also got some for the quests to attack C.A. Places on the C.M.

For what it's worth, my notes say that I got 9 CA units by doing LMA quests, too: 2 CA Musketeer units from the LMA story quests; 5 CA Grenadier units and 2 CA Field Gun units from the LMA bonus quests. That looks like exactly what you have. :)

To answer the original question, I'm not aware of any map-triggered side quests in CE+ eras that give units, but I'm all ears.

aghiv

I don't think you get any units from side quests in those ages, I think only the story quests give them.

UBERhelp1

@Jern2017 there is speculation that you can get CE, TE, and FE units from the side quests at any point in the game, but it hasn't been tested yet. Some people on Beta are trying to get them in BA to prove that. The discussion is [here] but it seems it didn't gain much traction. There just isn't enough information out there on what triggers the unit side quests.

If I were you, I'd keep very careful notes on what sectors were taken by which means, and when exactly you got the quests.

Last edited:

DreadfulCadillac

@Jern2017 there is speculation that you can get CE, TE, and FE units from the side quests at any point in the game, but it hasn't been tested yet. Some people on Beta are trying to get them in BA to prove that. The discussion is [here] but it seems it didn't gain much traction. There just isn't enough information out there on what triggers the unit side quests.

If I were you, I'd keep very careful notes on what sectors were taken by which means, and when exactly you got the quests.
intresting..im in the ce map RN, im in pe..if i get some attack helicopters ill be a GOD

Jern2017

@UBERhelp1, thanks. I'll continue to acquire provinces to get more Expansions. I've conquered the first three on the FE map. I haven't gotten any new side quests - I've gotten three so far, all from the TE questline. I will post an update if I get more.

@DreadfulCadillac, I'm not sure you'll be able to get Helicopters, but you can get PME Commandos, MG Teams and a Champion. You'll be unstoppable with those.

DreadfulCadillac

@UBERhelp1, thanks. I'll continue to acquire provinces to get more Expansions. I've conquered the first three on the FE map. I haven't gotten any new side quests - I've gotten three so far, all from the TE questline. I will post an update if I get more.

@DreadfulCadillac, I'm not sure you'll be able to get Helicopters, but you can get PME Commandos, MG Teams and a Champion. You'll be unstoppable with those.
I have some ME, one champ, 1 cammando, no mgteam..i hit the road block long ago..and im not aging up to pme